X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    It wasn't that bad. Seemed fine to me.
    Student section was okay considering the holiday weekend and football game. I thought the "old people" sections were pretty quiet.

I also hate the increased use of canned music!

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      Tell you what, Badger fans on this site have sure handled the ribbing well. It's all in fun, but that's not always easy to remember when you're on the receiving end. Not sure if I or my fellow fans could have kept our sense of humor about it.

Never know, of course, since such a thing could never happen in Whiouxville.
      Also helps to have more than one sport capable of winning...

Comment

Regarding the crowd - the old people did seem quieter than normal, even for other crowds we've seen that have been smaller than that. Saturday's was better than Friday's. On Friday, it seemed like once a chant died, everything went to zero - there wasn't that residual buzz. And during the Ferris State introductions, normally I see at least the lower level standing. The west side was sitting this weekend. We'll see what happens when the Big Ten schedule gets going; I'm not too worried.

Burd: It helped that we weren't expecting a great season to begin with, and it got to the point of just saying, "yup, of course that would happen" when bad things happen. You have to find some humor when talking hockey with other fans and things are going poorly on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
          Student section was okay considering the holiday weekend and football game. I thought the "old people" sections were pretty quiet.

I also hate the increased use of canned music!
          They kind of had to use canned music this weekend because there were about 8 band members actually at the game.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            They kind of had to use canned music this weekend because there were about 8 band members actually at the game.
            They did it during the North Dakota series, and when the drummers were allowed to do their thing this weekend, it sounded the same. This is definitely a larger issue than holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              They did it during the North Dakota series, and when the drummers were allowed to do their thing this weekend, it sounded the same. This is definitely a larger issue than holidays.
              They have been doing it for football, basketball, and hockey.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Hey! We're not last in RPI!

Roll over Niagra! You're next!

I must say though, even with our rising star, we still aren't in danger of losing to a team 47 places below us. I wonder if that's the record?
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Well, I hate to be that guy, but...

(Please note the background picture)
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

WOOT! First victory, "...there has been an awakening, have you felt it?..."
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      WOOT! First victory, "...there has been an awakening, have you felt it?..."
                      Just beginning to climb the proverbial Eaves mountain.

In all seriousness, I'm happy for the team and they are in a way climbing that mountain. First not losing; then winning against a team that kept coming at them. Good weekend for them.
                      Last edited by TUSCHWI; 12-01-2014, 11:33 AM.
                      Go Badgers!

Comment

Went to the Saturday game, nice win and good effort. Very impressed with the underclassmen. Seemed like it has a lot of small speedy guys. Really liked to watch McGuire and Besse play.

Good job on the "Who's your Paape" chant from the student section after his goal (assuming WiscDC started that one?) Also the Ferris is a wheel cheer was spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
                          Good job on the "Who's your Paape" chant from the student section after his goal (assuming WiscDC started that one?) Also the Ferris is a wheel cheer was spot on.
                          Well done, kids.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Good job on the "Who's your Paape" chant from the student section after his goal (assuming WiscDC started that one?)
                            I think I did start it, but everyone else was all over it. We wanted to do it last year.

Comment

Please welcome Luke Opilka, Luke Kunin, Matt Berkovitz, Matthew Freytag, Seamus Malone, and Peter Tischke as they signed their NLIs in the early signing period. Yes, I know I posted it in the thread.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...120114aab.html
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

and of course this has to happen on a weekend where I am out of town.

I was watching that part of the game on my phone and thought I could hear a faint chant over the radio feed. I guess I'll just have to hold my breath for another 77 games

Comment

Working...
                                X