X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Episode XXXI: A New Hope

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Navin should be in his 2nd year at UW, not his 4th. Who does that fall on? Eaves and the unbalanced classes. He was brought in way too early. He was brought in after playing high school hockey in WAUPACA and coming off a knee injury. He never stood a chance to develop. The teams Waupaca plays on a regular basis are at the Minnesota metro JV level.
    I feel bad for Navin, he got brought in early when someone left early, but he should have redshirted at some point to give him some extra time to develop that he missed in Jr's, unless he didn't want to.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The teams Waupaca plays on a regular basis are at the Minnesota metro JV level.
      If that.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        I think you'd be surpised who reads what.
        Didn't Puck Swami stop posting here because of reactions to some of his posts by players or their families?
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I feel bad for Navin, he got brought in early when someone left early, but he should have redshirted at some point to give him some extra time to develop that he missed in Jr's, unless he didn't want to.
          I agree with the redshirt, but even then he would be missing out on X amount of games in the USHL. The coaching staff messed up on him.

Comment

Just saw the new PairWise Rankings....Still hanging tough at #59!!!!

Stay positive....we are only 45 spots behind Penn State!!!!

Two more years of this crap and we can plan on closing the upper bowl of the Kohl Center for hockey games!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              I think you'd be surpised who reads what.
              Well, Lord knows Andy Baggot has.

If anyone of importance is reading these posts, I really doubt that they're taking it too seriously.

And... I mean... why would they? It's not like we're a bunch of idiots on youtube comments sections, but all the same, there's no reason for the AD take anything written here too seriously. It's not like Barry's going to think he needs to consult a bunch of yahoos on a message board before he finally wakes up and sees what shambles the program is in compared to where it could've been/should've been/once was.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Didn't Puck Swami stop posting here because of reactions to some of his posts by players or their families?
              Sounds about right.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
                Two more years of this crap and we can plan on closing the upper bowl of the Kohl Center for hockey games!!
                Maybe the lower bowl, too. Hockey is just a distraction for the fans that wish they were watching basketball or football instead. No one needs it and it won't be missed.

(Holy crap am I getting dour)

Comment

I agree with the redshirt, but even then he would be missing out on X amount of games in the USHL. The coaching staff messed up on him.
                  Agree, can't replace the experience of playing a lot of games at a decent level. Beyond circumstances though, Navin was a physically gifted, very good all-around athlete, a great student and character guy. I think the hope was that a guy like him would have a good chance to handle it well and advance, which isn't totally crazy thinking. But I think you make a good point.

Not sure how he himself would feel about it, he's had some pretty good experiences here and will have a degree at 22, although obviously hasn't been the star we all envision ourselves to be when we're kids.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Agree, can't replace the experience of playing a lot of games at a decent level. Beyond circumstances though, Navin was a physically gifted, very good all-around athlete, a great student and character guy. I think the hope was that a guy like him would have a good chance to handle it well and advance, which isn't totally crazy thinking. But I think you make a good point.

Not sure how he himself would feel about it, he's had some pretty good experiences here and will have a degree at 22, although obviously hasn't been the star we all envision ourselves to be when we're kids.
                    I think in 5 years, he will have realized this was a good thing(if not already). He sped up his life by a year or two by not playing junior hockey. A career in hockey just isn't in his future, but he has had a pretty nice career for a kid from Waupaca. He has made it farther than 99.9% of kids who have played youth hockey in Wisconsin. The NHL dream that was 4 years ago is very unlikely at this point, unless he is a good boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
                      No.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

(Holy crap am I getting dour)

Yeah, and for some reason it just doesn't sit that well on you. Not like solo, who wears it like a comfortable old pair of skates. On him it's almost dashing. Like Brad Pitt doing the Bobby Orr story or something... but on you?

meh.

I don't know... Just stick with it and keep practicing, I guess.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Also, in a shocking development, we apparently have another game this week? Against Ferris something or other... I don't know... Personally I never heard of them.

I googled it but this is all I got...

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

The jersey is almost dead on.

Comment

What do you all think for attendance this weekend?
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                What do you all think for attendance this weekend?
                                8k Friday, 10k Saturday.

I'll be more accurate if there are prizes involved.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X