Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Maybe on Sunday we can play in our offensive zone for longer than 30 seconds at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by irishstate View Post
      Maybe on Sunday we can play in our offensive zone for longer than 30 seconds at a time.
      Probably not.

/tArrogance
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
        5-0, very solid win tonight.

Keep it going into Sunday hopefully.
        6-0 - Letteri wasn't in the paint on Bischoff's goal.

Comment

With their first road game behind them and a full day to prepare, I'm expecting a better effort from the Irish. Hopefully the Gophers can finish them off and come away with the sweep.

SERIES FINALE PREVIEW: NO. 15 NOTRE DAME AT NO. 1 GOPHERS
          http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...282048181.html
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            With their first road game behind them and a full day to prepare, I'm expecting a better effort from the Irish. Hopefully the Gophers can finish them off and come away with the sweep.
            Well they can't play any worse. Well.... maybe they can not score on a 3-0 breakaway. Actually I expect them to play a lot better. Russo only had 1 shot and that tells you they were off. They played Irish hockey in that first period when the Gophers were playing sloppy and shots were going just wide. Should be a much better fight, but I think ND will still need Minn to have a slightly off night. Then again..... Lucia did say it was the best the Gophers had played all season in the offensive zone.

Comment

I lied. They can play worse. Either Minnesota is the greatest hockey team in the country and there is no parity or ND just sucks or both.
              My favorite Barry quotes so far,

"Notre Dame doesn't look hungry, they aren't aggressive, there is just no fight."
              or
              "Notre Dame can't even get two passes together"
              or
              "No one touches the puck except Minnesota"

The only bright side is ND doesn't play any more Minnesota teams. St. Cloud knocked us out of the NCAA two years in a row. Duluth shut us out this year. Minnesota has already once and..... well I am sending up desperate prayers to just get one goal and save some pride.

Comment

As soon as I post it they start playing ND hockey. 4-2 after 2. Keep the miracle going and lets get it to 4-4.

Comment

Barry blows.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Next.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Sweep.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Next.
                        It's on. *****.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

That first period Notre Dame looked absolutely terrible. But the 2nd and 3rd were their best of the weekend, and showed that these two teams probably aren't as far apart as the first 4 periods of the weekend would indicate.

PP looked awesome for MN tonight. Also really liked the play of the 4th line all weekend. They were getting consistent minutes and doing a great job of not just chewing up minutes in the offensive zone, but getting some pretty good looks as well. I'd like to see those three getting the nod again next Friday against the Bulldogs and if they turn in the same kind of effort keep them there for Saturday as well.

Sucks about Lettieri. Hopefully he's no worse for the wear, but given how careful folks are with head injuries now days (and rightfully so) I'll be a little surprised if he isn't held out of a weekend or two. That will make things interesting if both he and Boyd aren't able to go.

Bischoff had a little bit of a rough night. He does some really good stuff, keeps things simple a lot of the time when it's called for, but he had a few plays tonight (and tonight wasn't the first time) where his awareness seemed to let him down. That's something I would expect to improve, but it may continue to cost him some ice time and lineup decisions this season.

Comment

Lettieri was only held out tonight because of how the game was going, per reports from GPL. Apparently he is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Lettieri was only held out tonight because of how the game was going, per reports from GPL. Apparently he is fine.
                              Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                That first period Notre Dame looked absolutely terrible. But the 2nd and 3rd were their best of the weekend, and showed that these two teams probably aren't as far apart as the first 4 periods of the weekend would indicate.
                                It looked to me like MN was satisfied to play D and not worry about the little things like controlling the puck or expending energy to win a race in the last 2 periods. I think to stay at 15 they are going to have to run up the score on weaker teams or play a lot better than they showed this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X