Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golden Helmets At Golden Gophers - Saturday is Free!!!

I love it, Michigan and Notre Dame fans going at it has sort of the same feel as the Gophers vs Whioux,Becky,Jan fans.

UMD and Corky's kids just don't have quite the same hatred, and we all love the Beav.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
      Is there anything more ridiculous than a Michigan fan talking smack in 2014...? By the way, how'd you like that 31-0 game genius? Your boys played that one like they were still in the leather helmet days. Well at least you still have your little brother up in East Lansing to carry your water... oh wait a minute, those meanies keep beating your guys. They really rubbed the salt in the wounds by scoring that late touchdown for no good reason didn't they. Oh wait, you're a Michigan hockey fan. Well enjoy your run of NCAA appear.... oops, sorry. I forgot we ended that too a couple of years ago. Oh well there's always the local Wal Mart to hang out in. I hear your mom just got promoted to greeter there.
      Don't forget U-Mi lost to Minnesota.
      In football.
      At home.

Now go paint your helmet.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Strange... I thought injecting football into a game or season thread was a trait exclusive to becky fans. Add the ugly helmets to the list too I guess. But at least becky usually keeps it in a thread they are involved. Shows how low MI as a whole has sunk this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          Strange... I thought injecting football into a game or season thread was a trait exclusive to becky fans. Add the ugly helmets to the list too I guess. But at least becky usually keeps it in a thread they are involved. Shows how low MI as a whole has sunk this year.
          My thought exactly...
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post

I've seen that happen and personally I don't approve. I mean it's just not relevant in the way... well for example, hearing about how you guys beat Murray's 9th St. Garage and Hair Emporium for the "national championship" back when Knute Rockne was just a kid, is.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              hearing about how you guys beat Murray's 9th St. Garage and Hair Emporium for the "national championship" back when Knute Rockne was just a kid, is.
              I think Jan hung a banner for us as well for that particular feat.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Maybe he's serious :O
                Knowing how those priests dip their "candlesticks" that's disturbing....
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I
                  Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  I love it, Michigan and Notre Dame fans going at it has sort of the same feel as the Gophers vs Whioux,Becky,Jan fans.
                  Delicious. Isn't it?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    I've seen that happen and personally I don't approve. I mean it's just not relevant in the way... well for example, hearing about how you guys beat Murray's 9th St. Garage and Hair Emporium for the "national championship" back when Knute Rockne was just a kid, is.
                    I think someone may have just sent out the JDUBBS signal. Bucky beware!

Comment

Long day ahead at work with my first Mariucci appearance of the year coming up tonight....
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Series Preview: http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...281873011.html
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

5-0, very solid win tonight.

Keep it going into Sunday hopefully.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            5-0, very solid win tonight.

Keep it going into Sunday hopefully.
                            I caught that game on tv. It wasn't as close as the score.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Caught the same vibe via radio.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I was there and you are so right. In the first period alone the Gophers gave up two 2 on 1's, two 3 on 1's and a 2 on O, yet Notre Dame could not take advantage. After that very sloppy first period the Gophers made some adjustments and I believe only gave up one odd man break (a 2 on 1) the rest of the way. Wilcox was outstanding and the Gophers got some tremendous snipes to put the game away.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X