Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 scores 2014-2015

Originally posted by defense11 View Post
    River falls 6-1 Eau Claire . Shots 53-2. The goalie must have had frozen feet on that one shot she missed.
    Or she nodded off from boredom.... brutal save percentage tonight...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by DelayedOffside View Post
      I'm glad someone finally brought up Oswego because I don't think they are that good. They have been in the top 10 and close for awhile but they haven't beat anyone! Not one win against a team with a winning record. Elmira will beat them by 5 goals in both games this weekend!
      Ok, 6 goals in one game 4 in the other, so I was little off. I hope this opens the eyes of those that do the rankings. SOS really has to have more weight with unbalanced schedules!

Comment

Originally posted by DelayedOffside View Post
        Ok, 6 goals in one game 4 in the other, so I was little off. I hope this opens the eyes of those that do the rankings. SOS really has to have more weight with unbalanced schedules!
        YOu are 100% correct. Said the same thing a few weeks back when Oswego was getting votes...After Elmira and Platty, the ECAC West is soft as Charmin...all Oswego's wins were against mid to lower level teams. The one time they play a good team and it's a 10-0 weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
          YOu are 100% correct. Said the same thing a few weeks back when Oswego was getting votes...After Elmira and Platty, the ECAC West is soft as Charmin...all Oswego's wins were against mid to lower level teams. The two times they play good teams and it's 19-1 weekends.
          fyp

This is why Plattsburgh and Elmira both play a very tough non-conference schedule. They are aware of their conference's issues.
          Last edited by spwood; 02-23-2015, 09:32 AM.
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
            YOu are 100% correct. Said the same thing a few weeks back when Oswego was getting votes...After Elmira and Platty, the ECAC West is soft as Charmin...all Oswego's wins were against mid to lower level teams. The one time they play a good team and it's a 10-0 weekend.
            Originally posted by spwood View Post
            fyp

This is why Plattsburgh and Elmira both play a very tough non-conference schedule. They are aware of their conference's issues.
            Not to make excuses for Oswego but playing the "top tier" teams in non-conference is very difficult. All of them like to schedule each other to strengthen their SOS and there are only so many games to go around.

Norwich for instance is booked solid with its eight non-conference games against Plattsburgh (2), Elmira (2), Amherst, Bowdoin, Utica, Middlebury. Who do you give up in that group? The only one that could possibly be subbed out is maybe Utica and until recent years, Utica has historically been better than Oswego.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Hello
              Same challenges to build a strong schedule exist in the West. This is why SoS criteria of the rankings process is flawed. The NCAA needs to take a serious look on how to best determine the top 12 teams for their regional rankings (6 East & 6 West). The current parity between East and West (based on the little East/West non-conference play this year) should produce a 4/4 split should the top 2 seeds within each conference advance to their respective Championship game - with the top seed winning. If this does not play out then that's where it becomes less likely to see a 4/4 split. For example if Oswego advances to the Championship game within their conference then you would expect a 5-3 split since both Elmira & Plattsburgh are in the National Tournament regardless of what happens from this point forward.
              Judging by Oswego's games against Plattsburgh and Elmira, I don't think anyone needs to worry about them making it to the championship game. Oswego was very good at winning close games in their conference, but they only won most of their games by 1-2 goals, and dominated no one. Oswego honestly could have lost to any team in the ECAC-West on any day, and it would not be a huge upset for the other team.

Overall the traditionally bottom teams in the ECAC West (Chatham, Buff State, Cortland) have all vastly improved, while the middle teams (Potsdam, Neumann, Utica, and even Oswego) have all taken a step back. I don't know if that means that overall the conference is weaker, or stronger. There are no guaranteed wins anymore unless you are Plattsburgh or Elmira.

If you remove Elmira and Plattsburgh from the conference, it becomes a very even playing field. Oswego is closer to last place William Smith in talent, than it is to Plattsburgh, or Elmira. Actually in fact, William Smith had much more competitive games with Elmira than Oswego did.

Comment

I know this isn't the right thread for this but I couldn't find the other one. With Lebanon Valley College announcing a D3 women's ice hockey program for 2016-2017, does that get the NCAA tournament to 9 teams?

Comment

6.5 teams for every spot in the tournament. I believe Lebanon Valley would move us to 52. 52/6.5 = 8, so no, we've got a ways to go before we get to a 9 team tournament.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                    I know this isn't the right thread for this but I couldn't find the other one. With Lebanon Valley College announcing a D3 women's ice hockey program for 2016-2017, does that get the NCAA tournament to 9 teams?
                    I added LVC to the new teams joining D3 for the new ECAC-NA conference to get 58 for 2015-16 (assuming no programs fold). That's 8.92. I may be missing programs joining D3, especially in the west region but I may have also forgotten a couple of East teams joining D3 in the next two seasons. I've listed all of the programs I know below if anyone wants to add.

It would take 59 teams to reach 9 for the current access ratio.

Adrian
                    Amherst
                    Augsburg
                    Bethel
                    Bowdoin
                    Buffalo State
                    Castleton State
                    Chatham
                    Colby
                    Concordia (Wis.)
                    Concordia-Moorhead
                    Connecticut College
                    Cortland State
                    Daniel Webster
                    Elmira
                    Finlandia
                    Gustavus Adolphus
                    Hamilton
                    Hamline
                    Lake Forest
                    Manhattanville
                    Marian
                    Mass-Boston
                    Middlebury
                    Neumann
                    New England College
                    Nichols
                    Norwich
                    Oswego State
                    Plattsburgh State
                    Plymouth State
                    Potsdam State
                    Salve Regina
                    Southern Maine
                    St. Benedict
                    St. Catherine
                    St. Mary's (Minn.)
                    St. Norbert
                    St. Olaf
                    St. Scholastica
                    St. Thomas
                    Stevenson
                    Trinity (Conn.)
                    University of New England
                    Utica
                    UW-Eau Claire
                    UW-River Falls
                    UW-Stevens Point
                    UW-Superior
                    Wesleyan
                    William Smith
                    Williams
                    Becker
                    Morrisville
                    Salem State
                    Johnson & Wales
                    LVC
                    Endicott

Comment

Wow, I was way off. That's on me. My fault.

Collegehockeystats.net shows 51 teams when they rank scoring offense and scoring defense, so that's where I got that from.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Wow, I was way off. That's on me. My fault.

Collegehockeystats.net shows 51 teams when they rank scoring offense and scoring defense, so that's where I got that from.
                        That's missing the 7 new teams starting next season and the season after. The list has all of the new teams I am aware of - 1 more and it's a nine team tourney - call your local non-participating D3 college

Comment

My D3 college already participates.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                            I added LVC to the new teams joining D3 for the new ECAC-NA conference to get 58 for 2015-16 (assuming no programs fold). That's 8.92. I may be missing programs joining D3, especially in the west region but I may have also forgotten a couple of East teams joining D3 in the next two seasons. I've listed all of the programs I know below if anyone wants to add.

It would take 59 teams to reach 9 for the current access ratio.

Adrian
                            Amherst
                            Augsburg
                            Bethel
                            Bowdoin
                            Buffalo State
                            Castleton State
                            Chatham
                            Colby
                            Concordia (Wis.)
                            Concordia-Moorhead
                            Connecticut College
                            Cortland State
                            Daniel Webster
                            Elmira
                            Finlandia
                            Gustavus Adolphus
                            Hamilton
                            Hamline
                            Lake Forest
                            Manhattanville
                            Marian
                            Mass-Boston
                            Middlebury
                            Neumann
                            New England College
                            Nichols
                            Norwich
                            Oswego State
                            Plattsburgh State
                            Plymouth State
                            Potsdam State
                            Salve Regina
                            Southern Maine
                            St. Benedict
                            St. Catherine
                            St. Mary's (Minn.)
                            St. Norbert
                            St. Olaf
                            St. Scholastica
                            St. Thomas
                            Stevenson
                            Trinity (Conn.)
                            University of New England
                            Utica
                            UW-Eau Claire
                            UW-River Falls
                            UW-Stevens Point
                            UW-Superior
                            Wesleyan
                            William Smith
                            Williams
                            Becker
                            Morrisville
                            Salem State
                            Johnson & Wales
                            LVC
                            Endicott
                            Quick scan but aren't you missing SUNY Canton?
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Quick scan but aren't you missing SUNY Canton?
                              You're right...that's a bad one to miss too...

So looks like we're at 59.

Now is the NCAA actually obligated to add the 9th slot or it the access ratio just a target? Are there scenarios where they don't add it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                                You're right...that's a bad one to miss too...

So looks like we're at 59.

Now is the NCAA actually obligated to add the 9th slot or it the access ratio just a target? Are there scenarios where they don't add it?
                                Unless something changes they are obligated to add another team.

So it would appear as long as no one drops in 2016-17 the field will expand by one team. Good timing too because IIRC 2017-18 is the first year the ECAC North Atlantic conference will be eligible for an AQ, so we won't lose a Pool C at-large bid.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X