• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 scores 2014-2015

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Highest remaining seed.

Likely looking like Elmira right now.
    Don't make those travel plans to Elmira yet.... there is likely to be one more game between these two....
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
      Don't make those travel plans to Elmira yet.... there is likely to be one more game between these two....
      Didn't say it was over yet. But don't forget that Plattsburgh has that tie to Norwich and Elmira swept them too.

Just saying if the season ended today it would be in Elmira.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

So I've decided to add my worthless .02 to the conversation. I feel there are seven top tier teams and here is how I rank them right now. The record after their name is their record against teams ranked (at the time they played) in the USCHO poll, so it's highly unscientific. That said, here goes: my pecking order for Pool C if needed:

1. Elmira (5-1-1) played #1 3x on the road and is 2-1 in those games. Also played teams ranked #2, #3, #4, and #5 at the time they played.

2. Plattsburgh (2-2-2) played the #2 team 4 times and the another game was against #4
        3. Gustavus Adolphus (3-2-1)
        4. Adrian (3-1) beat Gustavus, but other ranked games are against #8 and #9 twice.
        5. Middlebury (4-1-3) Played #2 twice, #3 and #4. The rest of their ranked wins are against #9 and #10 two times each.
        6. Amherst (0-1-2) Played #2 twice and #3 once
        7. Norwich (0-4-1) Gotta win some of these games.

Interesting note: Oswego lurks with only four losses, but they're only ranked games are two losses at Plattsburgh. If they managed to steal a game from Elmira, I think I'd jump them over Norwich on this list.
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
          So I've decided to add my worthless .02 to the conversation. I feel there are seven top tier teams and here is how I rank them right now. The record after their name is their record against teams ranked (at the time they played) in the USCHO poll, so it's highly unscientific. That said, here goes: my pecking order for Pool C if needed:

1. Elmira (5-1-1) played #1 3x on the road and is 2-1 in those games. Also played teams ranked #2, #3, #4, and #5 at the time they played.

2. Plattsburgh (2-2-2) played the #2 team 4 times and the another game was against #4
          3. Gustavus Adolphus (3-2-1)
          4. Adrian (3-1) beat Gustavus, but other ranked games are against #8 and #9 twice.
          5. Middlebury (4-1-3) Played #2 twice, #3 and #4. The rest of their ranked wins are against #9 and #10 two times each.
          6. Amherst (0-1-2) Played #2 twice and #3 once
          7. Norwich (0-4-1) Gotta win some of these games.

Interesting note: Oswego lurks with only four losses, but they're only ranked games are two losses at Plattsburgh. If they managed to steal a game from Elmira, I think I'd jump them over Norwich on this list.
          Norwich should be ahead of Amherst based on head to head win. Other than that, sure. And I would switch Adrian and GAC.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post

I could do the same thing for any team and find a few weak sisters...U want cupcakes...Take a look at the ecac west...once you get past the top few teams, then entire Conf is pretty weak.
            Which is the only reason the NESCAC has a higher SOS...all their bad teams beat the bad teams from the ECAC west and ECAC east to inflate their records to winning records.

Which brings into question the SOS calculations...by your point. Plattsburgh and Elmira have the two highest SOS ratings but 60% of their conference has an overall losing record?

Following your line of thinking compare Amherst to Oswego. Oswego is 16-4-1 vs Amherst 15-2-3. Should Oswego get into the tournament?
            Last edited by gojackets; 02-11-2015, 11:55 PM.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Oh Lord, please no!!!
              Not the Shadowdome!!!

Highest remaining seed.

Likely looking like Elmira right now.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                Which is the only reason the NESCAC has a higher SOS...all their bad teams beat the bad teams from the ECAC west and ECAC east to inflate their records to winning records.

Which brings into question the SOS calculations...by your point. Plattsburgh and Elmira have the two highest SOS ratings but 60% of their conference has an overall losing record?

Following your line of thinking compare Amherst to Oswego. Oswego is 16-4-1 vs Amherst 15-2-3. Should Oswego get into the tournament?
                Wow...just wow.

Oswego proves my point. Let's see...one goal wins vs these powerhouse teams...Neuman, Chatham, Buff State...oh, and look, a 2-1 win vs Hamilton [the ultimate nescac cupcake per you]...they played 2 hard games all year and were blown out by Platty. They will get blown out again when they play Elmira at the end of the season. Amherst would destroy them....as would most every nescac team. their record is a product of their conf.

Comment

Wow...just wow.

Oswego proves my point. Let's see...one goal wins vs these powerhouse teams...Neuman, Chatham, Buff State...oh, and look, a 2-1 win vs Hamilton [the ultimate nescac cupcake per you]...they played 2 hard games all year and were blown out by Platty. They will get blown out again when they play Elmira at the end of the season. Amherst would destroy them....as would most every nescac team. their record is a product of their conf.

oh...I forgot about that 3-1 Loss to mighty Cortland State. LOL.

Comment

oh...I forgot about that 3-1 Loss to mighty Cortland State. LOL.
                    ...a team that Amherst beat 9-1!!!

Comment

I don't have time to do it this time of the year, but I wouldn't mind seeing that data as well. I'd like to see how strong that correlation is.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Adrian 2
                        Lake Forest 1

Final
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

UST 3
                          GAC 2

Final

Comment

Concordia Cobbers have set a school record with a 10 game unbeaten streak after beating St Marys yesterday 2-0. 7-0-3 in that stretch and are now 3rd in the MIAC and clinched a playoff spot for the 5th consecutive year. Seniors are leading the way.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Not today but next Tuesday the 17th.
                              Has the NCAA released their regional rankings? I may just be looking in the wrong place on ncaa.com?

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                                Has the NCAA released their regional rankings? I may just be looking in the wrong place on ncaa.com?
                                They aren't where they usually are...
                                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X