Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 scores 2014-2015

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    So I know I shouldn't feed into the troll...why should Midd be higher? They haven't beaten Plattsburgh or Elmira? The only team to beat Plattsburgh and Elmira...are Elmira and Plattsburgh. They've had their chances with Elmira at least and didn't do it.

Yes Amherst tied Middlebury...what else have they done?
    "what else have they done"?? How many losses do they have? All you can do is play the teams on the schedule...

I'm not going to feed the troll [lol] but are you telling us that you think Middlebury doesn't belong at #3?? So Amherst ties Midd, not once but TWICE...has a similar record and plays in the same conf....but somehow they don't measure up?? LOL Nice consistent argument there chief.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
      "what else have they done"?? How many losses do they have? All you can do is play the teams on the schedule...

I'm not going to feed the troll [lol] but are you telling us that you think Middlebury doesn't belong at #3?? So Amherst ties Midd, not once but TWICE...has a similar record and plays in the same conf....but somehow they don't measure up?? LOL Nice consistent argument there chief.
      Why should Amherst get in before Norwich? Norwich has a head to head win against Amherst and has tied Plattsburgh. Norwich's four losses are to Elmira (2), Plattsburgh and Middlebury in overtime.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Why should Amherst get in before Norwich? Norwich has a head to head win against Amherst and has tied Plattsburgh. Norwich's four losses are to Elmira (2), Plattsburgh and Middlebury in overtime.
        Who said anything about Amherst getting in over Norwich? The only way that becomes an issue is if both do not receive an auto-bid and compete for a Pool "C" and then you have to throw the WIAC teams and any other favorites that have lost in their conference tournaments into the discussion.

Comment

Go ask St. Norbert College and Middlebury how that worked out for them last year.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
            Who said anything about Amherst getting in over Norwich? The only way that becomes an issue is if both do not receive an auto-bid and compete for a Pool "C" and then you have to throw the WIAC teams and any other favorites that have lost in their conference tournaments into the discussion.
            Crosscheck said Middlebury and Amherst are "DEFINITELY" in and I don't think that's the case at all.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Crosscheck said Middlebury and Amherst are "DEFINITELY" in and I don't think that's the case at all.
              Best bet is take care of your own business and win your conference tournament/auto-bid. The difference between the 3rd Pool "C" team and the teams that are not invited is so thin that nothing is definite until the NCAA announcement show the Monday after the tournaments. This should be a very interesting selection season. But are you rooting for upsets???

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                Best bet is take care of your own business and win your conference tournament/auto-bid. The difference between the 3rd Pool "C" team and the teams that are not invited is so thin that nothing is definite until the NCAA announcement show the Monday after the tournaments. This should be a very interesting selection season. But are you rooting for upsets???
                Absolutely. As always your best bet is to win and then you take care of your own business and don't rely on criteria and a committee to determine your "worth".
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Precisely. Their win over Norwich last week moved them up a bit. But this is my argument every year and why I'd bet Middlebury didn't get in last year. When 3/4 of your schedule is made up cupcakes that you can easily beat...and you don't beat any of the good teams that you play...are you really that good? Middlebury has lots of questionable close calls.
                  UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                  NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                  Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

sorry Chief...YOU said "DEFINATELY"....I never said used the word.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      Precisely. Their win over Norwich last week moved them up a bit. But this is my argument every year and why I'd bet Middlebury didn't get in last year. When 3/4 of your schedule is made up cupcakes that you can easily beat...and you don't beat any of the good teams that you play...are you really that good? Middlebury has lots of questionable close calls.
                      3/4 of their schedule is made up of "Cupcakes"??

ok Huckkleberry, go Troll someplace else.

Comment

I agree with your comment. Looking at the strength of schedule, Middlebury has a SOS rating of 385.2 compared to the highest rating of a Western team which is GA at 214.6.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post

"Cupcakes"
                          Colby 2x
                          Castleton
                          Wesleyan 2x
                          Utica
                          Potsdam
                          Hamilton 2x
                          Williams 2x - cupcake might be a stretch here. But their not good.

Comment

Does anyone know the location of this years Frozen Four?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjames View Post
                              Does anyone know the location of this years Frozen Four?
                              Highest remaining seed.

Likely looking like Elmira right now.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                                "Cupcakes"
                                Colby 2x
                                Castleton
                                Wesleyan 2x
                                Utica
                                Potsdam
                                Hamilton 2x
                                Williams 2x - cupcake might be a stretch here. But their not good.
                                Maybe one or two...but hardly 'cupcakes'....last I checked all or nearly all nescac teams had overall winning records...even teams like Hamilton and Colby on any given day, can beat anyone. And if you think Williams is a cupcake you're simply delusional. They made the dance last year and they haven't slipped much..in fact, goaltending is much improved from a year ago.

I could do the same thing for any team and find a few weak sisters...U want cupcakes...Take a look at the ecac west...once you get past the top few teams, then entire Conf is pretty weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X