This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
    well, I gotta say, the $17 maine and BU tickets, and the $11 Lowell tickets are ummmm, really hard to get. I have never been able to get one online or at the gate.
    anybody know the secrets?
    The $17 Maine tickets are only for the rubbish games. All of the good games the cheapest tix are $24
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      Maine now 8th in average attendance.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...5/oaattend.php

Ticket Prices:

Maine: $17/$24, $50

BC: $10, $15, $20
      BU: $17, $22, $26
      UNH: $23/$36
      Notre Dame: $20, $30

UConn: $12, $17
      UMass: $14, $17
      UMass-Lowell: $11, $19
      Providence: $14, $17
      Vermont: $15, $22/$25

What has happened to Alfond?......a shell of its former self.
      Well I have already addressed the issues at Maine with regards to tickets, but to say Maine is 8th in attendance is ridiculous. Some teams have played one game (UConn) and others 1 or 2, Maine is listed as 6, but this weekend was the first in Hockey East. More needs to be done to attract crowds, but when all is said and down at the end of the year Maine won't be 8th. And let's also take into consideration capacity when you compare not just raw data.

Believe me I have no problem with coming down on the administration on this, but this is silly and just flame throwing nonsense at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        Well I have already addressed the issues at Maine with regards to tickets, but to say Maine is 8th in attendance is ridiculous. Some teams have played one game (UConn) and others 1 or 2, Maine is listed as 6, but this weekend was the first in Hockey East. More needs to be done to attract crowds, but when all is said and down at the end of the year Maine won't be 8th. And let's also take into consideration capacity when you compare not just raw data.

Believe me I have no problem with coming down on the administration on this, but this is silly and just flame throwing nonsense at this point.
        Sorry for reporting the FACTS, Bob.......I'll make sure to post these again in January........hopefully, those numbers will be better for Maine (Canisius games should help!)

Comment

Resurgent Hutton, Shore hoping to lead UMaine hockey team to successful weekend at Vermont

By Larry Mahoney, BDN Staff
          http://bangordailynews.com/2014/11/0...?ref=SportsBox

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
            jerry lining up his ducks.
            I remember him losing to Merrimack when nobody else did, and guess what happened once Jerry had his lines and D pairings all straightened out?
            Oh I know that,he'll have them flying come the end of December...but it's nice to see them get beat/anytime-anywheres.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              Sorry for reporting the FACTS, Bob.......I'll make sure to post these again in January........hopefully, those numbers will be better for Maine (Canisius games should help!)
              They are not facts! It's like saying Michaud is leading for Governor after 35% of the votes are counted. It was a fact, but how did it end???? If it was comparing after all teams played 5 games at home then that would be apples to apples!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                They are not facts! It's like saying Michaud is leading for Governor after 35% of the votes are counted. It was a fact, but how did it end???? If it was comparing after all teams played 5 games at home then that would be apples to apples!
                Great analogy! I was there for the Alaska series, but was away for the Union series. I didn't see Friday's UMass game, but I was there for Saturday. What surprised me most about the attendance on Saturday for the UMass game was that the student section was not full, but in all of the other games this year that I went to, including the UNB game, the student section was packed.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                  Great analogy! I was there for the Alaska series, but was away for the Union series. I didn't see Friday's UMass game, but I was there for Saturday. What surprised me most about the attendance on Saturday for the UMass game was that the student section was not full, but in all of the other games this year that I went to, including the UNB game, the student section was packed.

Your guess is as good as mine.

But the media scribes on here are thinking Vermont will sweep us. I don't see that happening. I think Maine is better than their record shows and Vermont isn't as good as theirs shows. Yes, their D has been sound, but teams like Clarkson and Northeastern aren't exactly world-beaters. Maine can steal at least one game in Burlington.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post

But the media scribes on here are thinking Vermont will sweep us. I don't see that happening. I think Maine is better than their record shows and Vermont isn't as good as theirs shows. Yes, their D has been sound, but teams like Clarkson and Northeastern aren't exactly world-beaters. Maine can steal at least one game in Burlington.
                    I admire your optimism
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post

I'd feel better about the games if UVM did better last weekend against Notre Dame. I think where they only got one point they are going to be very hungry this weekend. I can't see much between the teams so I think the home ice swings in in UVM's favor. A split would be very nice.

Comment

Having seen Vermont and them being at home, I expect no more than a point for Maine this weekend, and even that will be a struggle IMO. That's more about me thinking that UVM is the real deal than it is about me thinking Maine is a weak team. I saw a lot of depth and discipline from the Catamounts, and good team speed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          I admire your optimism
                          i admire your .sig, even if it is going after the low hanging fruit.

Comment

Higgins is dressed tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Higgins is dressed tonight
                              Having Higgins in the lineup is sure to give a boost. My prediction is Maine takes 3 of 4 points on the weekend.

Comment

The game is being streamed online right now from Vermont's website. No sound so far.

http://nsnsports.net/colleges/univer...=alt&stm_id=23

Comment

Working...
                                X