This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Very entertaining game. If the game only lasted 40 minutes, Maine's record this year would be much better than it currently is. They show glimpses of being a fairly good team, but no consistency. Still have trouble passing the puck at times and not very much speed. Our seats were in the very top row (24). That's where you are seated when you are a season ticket holder. This game should be packaged separately for season ticket holders. Those who wish to go can purchase it and receive a preferred seat. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Very entertaining game. If the game only lasted 40 minutes, Maine's record this year would be much better than it currently is. They show glimpses of being a fairly good team, but no consistency. Still have trouble passing the puck at times and not very much speed. Our seats were in the very top row (24). That's where you are seated when you are a season ticket holder. This game should be packaged separately for season ticket holders. Those who wish to go can purchase it and receive a preferred seat. Just my opinion.
      Guy sitting next to me said Pirates season ticket holders got to keep their seats for the game, I think that is why there weren't more decent seats available.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Yeah, The Team D is awful but Romeo wasn't great either. UNH outplayed Maine, I think all but one of the goals was scored at the end opposite the band. I really don't want to hear about how tough the schedule is anymore. This team isn't good whether they are playing a good team or a bad team.
        Your last sentence says it all...no matter how much we want/say/think,this is not a talented team...with so much improvement to be made...its pretty much a fact that this season and into next season you can expect it to be painful...until this Roster is revamped in the next few seasons this is going to be: A Roller-Coaster ride...up & down...highs & lows...imo this will take longer then expected,as much as it pains me to suggest that.

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/12/1...e-hockey-team/
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Guy sitting next to me said Pirates season ticket holders got to keep their seats for the game, I think that is why there weren't more decent seats available.
            Thanks for the info. Placing a season ticket holder in the very last row at the top in a folding chair against the wall shows little respect for fans who support the team all season long. I'll get over it.

Comment

I can understand the perks for the Portland Pirate Season Ticket Holder,but UMaine should have a opt in on the Portland game for Season Ticket Holders...that way you know that you most likely will have seats in area you don't want so better off opting out and going through Ticket Master...and while we are on the SUBJECT of hockey @ Portland...has any of the 3 Teams to play in the Ice Breaker Classic next October been announced?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Thanks for the info. Placing a season ticket holder in the very last row at the top in a folding chair against the wall shows little respect for fans who support the team all season long. I'll get over it.
                Honestly, the school has always done that. I stopped asking for the tickets after a couple years when I was a season ticket holder. They would always give tickets behind the net or something like that.

The one thing I took out of the game last night was that Maine needs to start selling beer at the Alfond. It seemed like the crowd last night had more energy than we've seen in recent years at the Alfond and judging by the amount of people purchasing beer it would certainly help the revenue situation. It probably would create the odd problem or two but I think the tradeoff would be worth it. I think it is something that would go a long way towards getting more young people at games too. I'd be interested to hear others views on this.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Honestly, the school has always done that. I stopped asking for the tickets after a couple years when I was a season ticket holder. They would always give tickets behind the net or something like that.

The one thing I took out of the game last night was that Maine needs to start selling beer at the Alfond. It seemed like the crowd last night had more energy than we've seen in recent years at the Alfond and judging by the amount of people purchasing beer it would certainly help the revenue situation. It probably would create the odd problem or two but I think the tradeoff would be worth it. I think it is something that would go a long way towards getting more young people at games too. I'd be interested to hear others views on this.
                  A REAL BAD Idea...sorry that's imo...you can drink either before or after the game...and I like to drink...but I like to watch a game and not have to deal with the slob or two that can ruin the game being watched...but I maybe in the minority on this subject.

Comment

I totally agree. I think I posted the math on this for add'l revenue last year. And as far as addressing the "problems" that may occur, perhaps a consult with the Agganis folks would be prudent. They don't seem to have any problems. I've been to 3 games at Agganis and have never witnessed any drunk and disorderly behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                      I totally agree. I think I posted the math on this for add'l revenue last year. And as far as addressing the "problems" that may occur, perhaps a consult with the Agganis folks would be prudent. They don't seem to have any problems. I've been to 3 games at Agganis and have never witnessed any drunk and disorderly behavior.
                      Not sure on beer sales but it would generate money. I was amazed at how many grown men would make faces and do stupid stuff once on the big screen, I'll guarantee they had a few pops.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Not sure on beer sales but it would generate money. I was amazed at how many grown men would make faces and do stupid stuff once on the big screen, I'll guarantee they had a few pops.
                        You have to drink to watch this team.

Comment

Corkum wouldn't be this bad, 100% guarantee it

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            Too late for that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Do you mean in the Short term or the Long term?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                A REAL BAD Idea...sorry that's imo...you can drink either before or after the game...and I like to drink...but I like to watch a game and not have to deal with the slob or two that can ruin the game being watched...but I maybe in the minority on this subject.
                                Funny thing - the only problem we've run into with drunk fans was at the Worcester regional a few years back - no beer sold in the arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X