X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Up 3-2 to start the 3rd.
    Last edited by Hockeyman99; 12-12-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
      Attendence looks pathetic.
      Unh has a home football playoff game on campus tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
        Unh has a home football playoff game on campus tonight.
        5-2 Maine, 5 unanswered goals for Maine. Never would have guessed it
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

UNH.....they're good for what ails ya.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            UNH.....they're good for what ails ya.
            Give Maine some credit, they took it to them even after being down 2 zip. 2 once proud programs fighting to stay out of the cellar

Comment

I may be mistaken, but I believe that is 3 straight for you guys at the Verizon...
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Give Maine some credit, they took it to them even after being down 2 zip. 2 once proud programs fighting to stay out of the cellar
                Yep. down 2-0, and they didn't pack it in, but fought back, hard. Maybe Red's finally getting through to them. These last few games have been how they played for the most part last season, hustling and battling hard for pucks.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Agreed it was nice to see Maine down 2 take it to a team even though UNH isn't very good. I don't think it was a coincidence that both Hutton and Shore finally made an impact in a game and Maine wins convincingly.

Comment

Maine definitely has more confidence and fight as of late.

Comment

Maine played well tonight! Happened to catch the game. consistent effort from all 4 lines

Comment

I thought the picture on Maine's TV broadcasts were poor, wow, I had no idea where the puck was most of the time. Not sure if it was just Dish Net or its really that bad.

Comment

I thought the picture on Maine's TV broadcasts were poor, wow, I had no idea where the puck was most of the time. Not sure if it was just Dish Net or its really that bad.
                          I don't have an HD tv yet, but I thought the signal was worse than most channels last night too. It wasn't just Dish Net because I have Time Warner. It was still great to see them score some goals though!

Comment

it was their crummy feed... i have twc and a high def tv and it was dim, grainy....

Comment

Some thoughts on last night:
                              -A WIN!
                              -a road win at that.
                              -5 goals by 5 different guys
                              -2 power play goals
                              -good effort all around. Defense continued to look much improved.
                              -Romeo solid
                              -sustained and repeated offense by Maine while on the PK. 3 PK's I can remember where they were playmaking and firing at the UNH net. Nice to see.
                              -first time to the Verizon Wireless. Unremarkable facility. And the place was less than 50% full last night. Shameful.
                              -Red was trying all kinds of line combos last night. Merchant-Shore-Tegeler for the entire game. Unusual but effective.
                              - Hutton's goal was a bullet. Silent and deadly. All net. What he's supposed to do.
                              -a few negatives as well, but not for here, not now.

On to Portland tonight. I believe that the arena tonight will be full. I do believe that the team has found some cohesion and chemistry. See you there.
                              Last edited by DoubleA; 12-13-2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                                it was their crummy feed... i have twc and a high def tv and it was dim, grainy....
                                I think it's FCS. We recorded the WBIN feed and it's Hi Def and pretty good. I'm sure FCS just repackaged that feed and converted it to a crummy image.

When we see FCS broadcasts of Maine games on Comcast, it's a dark, standard def, shrunken image that we have to zoom to see full screen on our TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X