This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Since tying at UNH on March 9, 2013 the Black Bears are 1-19-3 on the road. The last two losses were under Tim; Maine is 1-17-3 on the road under Red. Before this most recent run, Maine was 11-13-5 on the road for the previous two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Anyone think they have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Lowell ?
      Lowell takes an early lead after the 1st. Maine answers and goes ahead after 2, and they protect the lead in the 3rd and hold on for the win. And no, I won't give you a score It's highly likely with all of this global warming weather we've seen lately that there's a good possibility of a polar vortex today in hell!

Comment

I can see them getting up, playing well because of rivalry not that UNH isn't better or anything like that. I certainly wouldn't bet the house on it. I've seen enough sloppy play to know this team isn't very good and to be honest I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't win a another game until next season rolls around
        Fixed your post.

Comment

I can see them giving Lowell a good game. whether it's enough for a win is hard to tell. But if they play the way they played the two games against BU, then they've got a shot. It's up to the players to decide if they want to make that type of effort, or do they just want to be over and done with this season.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Here' an article that was posted about the team in today's Portland paper:

Analysis: Plenty of culprits in UMaine hockey’s losing streak
            Poor offense, inconsistent goaltending and problems on special teams have led to seven straight defeats

By Mark Emmert
            http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/0...losing-streak/

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              Fixed your post.
              If they lose to Canisius, the boo birds will be out in Alfond
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                Here' an article that was posted about the team in today's Portland paper:

Analysis: Plenty of culprits in UMaine hockey’s losing streak
                Poor offense, inconsistent goaltending and problems on special teams have led to seven straight defeats

By Mark Emmert
                http://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/0...losing-streak/
                They say the same crap week after week

Comment

lineup for tonight posted anywhere yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy View Post
                    lineup for tonight posted anywhere yet?
                    I haven't seen one yet, looking to see if Jack is playing?

Comment

I haven't seen one yet, looking to see if Jack is playing?
                      Ye I figure he isn't but the game is on TV tonight. I'd feel like an idiot if I didn't check and he played

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy View Post
                        Ye I figure he isn't but the game is on TV tonight. I'd feel like an idiot if I didn't check and he played
                        According to a post on face book he is playing, just saw it. Haven't seen a lineup sheet though

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          According to a post on face book he is playing, just saw it. Haven't seen a lineup sheet though
                          He's dressed and on for warm ups.

Comment

Dan and Larry say he is, with Lacroix and Hayes. D mixed up, Hutton with Renouf, Hamilton and Schurhamer, Rutt and Riley.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Bazin's in his fourth season, is there any chance in hell that Maine is at their level by the time Red's in year four? Last year I'd have said sure looking at this wreck I say no. Feels hopeless.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                Bazin's in his fourth season, is there any chance in hell that Maine is at their level by the time Red's in year four? Last year I'd have said sure looking at this wreck I say no. Feels hopeless.
                                Lowell is killing them on forecheck, just like Vermont did

Comment

Working...
                                X