X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    No, everything so far does not tell us that. You people blaming this on Lomberg getting the boot are pathetic. The team started stinking it up last season.
    I think that the people who cannot look at the competition level at the beginning of last year and see the difference with this year's schedule are pathetic. (this like when the Sox go 16-3 and everyone thinks they are just fantastic, but do not notice that they played bottom dwellers during the run)

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
      This is what I've been saying all along. Nothing has changed. Same 'ol, same 'ol.
      baloney... lots has changed.... pay attention to the D and the willingness to at least try and take a good penalty. Only Tyler did that under Whitehead.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
        This is what I've been saying and saying and saying... all along. Nothing with my posts has changed. Same 'ol, same 'ol.
        fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
          I think that the people who cannot look at the competition level at the beginning of last year and see the difference with this year's schedule are pathetic. (this like when the Sox go 16-3 and everyone thinks they are just fantastic, but do not notice that they played bottom dwellers during the run)
          The competition is definitely better, and the 'tending is certainly weaker. That's a telling one-two punch, even assuming everything else being equal...

And that's the difference between this year and the last, in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
            baloney... lots has changed.... pay attention to the D and the willingness to at least try and take a good penalty. Only Tyler did that under Whitehead.
            Results remain the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              The competition is definitely better, and the 'tending is certainly weaker. That's a telling one-two punch, even assuming everything else being equal...

And that's the difference between this year and the last, in a nutshell.
              Everything else isn't equal so its a 1,2,3 punch
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The competition is better.

Through December 1 last year, Maine's opposition had a .459 winning percentage, compared with .551 so far this season. Against that weaker competition Maine was 6-6-1.

Comment

This team has the skill. Just needs alot more grit. Bigger bodies patrolling the wing would help.

Comment

This thread has turned into a hockey Groundhog Day. Everybody saying the same thing...over and over and over and over. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                      This thread has turned into a hockey Groundhog Day. Everybody saying the same thing...over and over and over and over. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      It would be nice to have a road victory over a ranked opponent tonight to talk about, or at least a hard fought tie -anything but a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                        They keep losing over and over and over Until/if they turn it around that same old crap will continue. Anyone think they have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Lowell. Freshman goalie in a hostile building, defense that lets forwards behind them just about every game, no PP and your best players aren't playing that way. I can see them beating UNH but Lowell its the longest of long shots

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          They keep losing over and over and over Until/if they turn it around that same old crap will continue. Anyone think they have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Lowell. Freshman goalie in a hostile building, defense that lets forwards behind them just about every game, no PP and your best players aren't playing that way. I can see them beating UNH but Lowell its the longest of long shots
                          After watching BC at unh last night I'm not at all sure of them winning over neighbors. Unh outplayed them a good part of the game and nearly won with 1:30 left when a shot glanced off the cross bar falling into the crease

Comment

Maine will have their hands full with everyone they play...especially on the road,and Alfond Arena is longer their Ace in the Hole...no one FEARS Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                              After watching BC at unh last night I'm not at all sure of them winning over neighbors. Unh outplayed them a good part of the game and nearly won with 1:30 left when a shot glanced off the cross bar falling into the crease
                              I can see them getting up, playing well because of rivalry not that UNH isn't better or anything like that. I certainly wouldn't bet the house on it. I've seen enough sloppy play to know this team isn't very good and to be honest I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't win a another game until January rolls around

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Anyone think they have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Lowell. Freshman goalie in a hostile building, defense that lets forwards behind them just about every game, no PP and your best players aren't playing that way...... but Lowell its the longest of long shots
                                1. Going to Tsongas tonight to see this one.
                                2. The above is (sadly) pretty accurate. Add to the above 'No overall scoring punch'.
                                3. Lowell is tough. They lose Hellebuyck (and Carr and others). They replace Hellebuyck with this kid Kevin Boyle, a transfer from UMass. He's 9.11/2.57 after 16 games. 6-1-3 in the games he's tender of record. Very effective replacement between the pipes. And solid D. We do not have that. Last Saturday's loss to Harvard belongs to the back-up goalie Smith. Lowell is 2-2-1 in their last 5.
                                4. I give the Bears 20% chance of winning tonite. Romeo would have to be very hot and the scorers would have to show up to win this one. I pray for a road win. Every day...I pray for a road win.

Comment

Working...
                                X