X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    I think either Hayes has to move back to D, or Norman has to go in there, and Rutt sits. His nonchalant gliding 20 feet away while there was a Vermont guy on the post hacking away at the puck on their second goal was inexcusable. Just no urgency from him at all to try to get back and break up a scoring chance, let alone that guy should have never been there uncovered in the first place. And he's got an 'A' on his jersey. Way to set the example.

That 'A' has to go, and he needs to sit, if that's the best effort he can put in while wearing a Maine uniform.
    Does anyone watch any Dman besides Rutt? Because the top pairing is every bit as bad as Rutt
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Does anyone watch any Dman besides Rutt? Because the top pairing is every bit as bad as Rutt
      I just looked and Vermont scored seven goals when the top pairing was on the ice this weekend. One was on the PP and one was an EN but that is still pretty wretched.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Also agree. So if you put Hayes in there, maybe he can be the big stay at home guy who can help cover for Hutton's defensive liabilities, and you can have either Riley or Norman pair up with Hamilton.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

First goal Saturday was horrible, as you had two Vermont players behind Riley and Hutton.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
            You really think they are gonna see something on replay and not call it correct?
            What league is your team in?

Comment

If the replay was non-functioning, isn't that's Maine's fault for having ****ty in-arena technology?

And I am sick of this Lomberg stuff. If we have to become the University of Miami to win hockey games (or go back to it, according to some), it isn't worth it. Don't get in fights, don't kick the crap out of people, don't drive drunk, don't fail all your classes. You do those things, and you can play hockey. Not a tough standard to meet.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                First goal Saturday was horrible, as you had two Vermont players behind Riley and Hutton.
                Same pair on the first goal Friday night
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  And I am sick of this Lomberg stuff. If we have to become the University of Miami to win hockey games (or go back to it, according to some), it isn't worth it. Don't get in fights, don't kick the crap out of people, don't drive drunk, don't fail all your classes. You do those things, and you can play hockey. Not a tough standard to meet.
                  Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  -The Lomberg situation has hurt a lot and was very unnecessary. Maine (meaning the administration) would have been much better off just kicking him out of school in April. To let this thing drag on all summer and then still give him a ridiculous punishment was very foolish. I'm sure a lot of guys on the team were hoping that he would be back, especially given the outcome of the court base but that obviously didn't happen. I would have to imagine that Red didn't have time to use his money on someone else as the final decision came down at the end of August.
                  I agree with Drew's assessment. The precedence has now been set, and players know what will happen with a zero-tolerance policy in place. It's understandable how people feel that kicking him off the team ultimately may have been the right thing to do if you have to send a message to everyone that actions like that are unforgivable, but the University did the team no favors by dragging things out the way they did. Originally the suspension was for only one full year, but when his lawyer appealed the punishment they tacked on an additional semester. The University showed itself to be just as heartless as Lomberg did, but Lomberg's action was a momentarily lapse of good judgement, while the University had plenty of time to think through their poor judgement with how they ultimately chose to handle an unfortunate situation.
                  Last edited by blackbearbandie; 11-30-2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah but Rutt continually takes bad penalties at the wrong time. It's going on two seasons now. How he got the A is beyond me. He's not a D1 player imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                      I agree with Drew's assessment. The precedence has now been set, and players know what will happen with a zero-tolerance policy in place. It's understandable how people feel that kicking him off the team ultimately may have been the right thing to do if you have to send a message to everyone that actions like that are unforgivable, but the University did the team no favors by dragging things out the way they did. Originally the suspension was for only one full year, but when his lawyer appealed the punishment they tacked on an additional semester. The University showed itself to be just as heartless as Lomberg did, but Lomberg's action was a momentarily lapse of good judgement, while the University had plenty of time to think through their poor judgement with how they ultimately chose to handle an unfortunate situation.

Miami did win some national titles

Comment

The Lomberg stuff went on over the summer, there's no excuse for that to be hanging over the heads of the current players. If they're not mentally tough enough to get over it and play hockey then there was never any hope for 'em. I thought one of the positives of Red would be an instillation of that mental toughness and it looks like this group is going in reverse mentally. I thought one of the positives coming into Year 2 would be a full year under Red's conditioning program, and that's not showing up either. I don't know what to think at this point.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

When I look at the major sports programs at Maine......it seems like the men's hockey team has been the most consistently out-of-shape. Not sure what is up with that but it needs to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                            When I look at the major sports programs at Maine......it seems like the men's hockey team has been the most consistently out-of-shape. Not sure what is up with that but it needs to change.
                            Well, the hockey team is certainly much better than the basketball team. How on earth do you only score two points in 10 minutes?
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Something has to be up with Shore...he looks a couple of steps slower. Maybe Red needs to make these guys run after a game sometime

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Well, the hockey team is certainly much better than the basketball team. How on earth do you only score two points in 10 minutes?
                                I'm talking about the players.......Walsh works their *ss off in practice. Believe me......the men's basketball players are in great physical shape. Obviously the team is bad......but then again so is the hockey team. Is 2 points in 10 minutes worse than 0-22 on the power play?

Comment

Working...
                                X