Clear All

Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    Byron banks one in off of Mastalerz to give Maine a 3-2 lead with 1:23 left
    Nice!!!

What a comeback win for Maine!

Comment

That was great to Maine come back. After the let downs last season it was nice to see Maine come back for a change.

Pecarraro is impressive. Had several nice moves to make space and dished several nice passes. Then makes that move to get right to left in the slot and snipes one against the grain... outstanding. All weekend he played will with Swavely on that line.

Romeo played well.

Hayes does well battling in front of the net. He is disruptive for the other team's defense. On the power play it is allowing other forwards to creep into the slot uncontested.

Hamilton was steady and chipped in some nice shots from the blue line.

The freshmen are playing well.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        That was great to Maine come back. After the let downs last season it was nice to see Maine come back for a change.

Pecarraro is impressive. Had several nice moves to make space and dished several nice passes. Then makes that move to get right to left in the slot and snipes one against the grain... outstanding. All weekend he played will with Swavely on that line.

Romeo played well.

Hayes does well battling in front of the net. He is disruptive for the other team's defense. On the power play it is allowing other forwards to creep into the slot uncontested.

Yeah they are.......and the best thing is that they never knew TIMMAY TIME!

Comment

highlights of tonight's Maine goals without sound
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljRk...7KIIWYkLF9T-gA

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Romeo played well.

Yes thought Remeo had a solid outing in net for Maine tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
              highlights of tonight's Maine goals without sound
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljRk...7KIIWYkLF9T-gA
              I don't understand why umaine is so incapable of putting out a professional looking highlight.

HD video, audio from the radio, and ALL goals. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                I don't understand why umaine is so incapable of putting out a professional looking highlight.

HD video, audio from the radio, and ALL goals. Done.
                I think it's just the rush to get something up before the end of the night. last week they put up the maine goals with no sound and then went back and loaded in all goals with the audio from hannigan.... here is their second take which has no audio, but the Umass goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLV...7KIIWYkLF9T-gA
                Last edited by gscott13; 11-02-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Their needs to be a change in marketing @ Maine...they need to wake up and sell tickets that sell for a price people will go for...they need a drastic change in season tickets approach,reward the season ticket holders for dishing out the up front money while at the same time making the single game tickets attractive also...set price until that day of the game...and ALL tickets should priced at one price not ranging from $17/$20/$24...I know thats the norm,but be different...work with your fans,if there in the building,they will spend money and the building will have a atmosphere...I mean we all sit their and can see it,just this Outfit just pretends to care with a smile...awful to see just 3k plus in the Alfond when it should be at least @ 4500 and more. With BU coming in on Friday in a few weeks this should be a sell out...with BU playing well and the Eichel kid and JUST that its BU/Maine,no matter what the records are. I guess just a morning rant,this won't get fixed soon or at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Their needs to be a change in marketing @ Maine...they need to wake up and sell tickets that sell for a price people will go for...they need a drastic change in season tickets approach,reward the season ticket holders for dishing out the up front money while at the same time making the single game tickets attractive also...set price until that day of the game...and ALL tickets should priced at one price not ranging from $17/$20/$24...I know thats the norm,but be different...work with your fans,if there in the building,they will spend money and the building will have a atmosphere...I mean we all sit their and can see it,just this Outfit just pretends to care with a smile...awful to see just 3k plus in the Alfond when it should be at least @ 4500 and more. With BU coming in on Friday in a few weeks this should be a sell out...with BU playing well and the Eichel kid and JUST that its BU/Maine,no matter what the records are. I guess just a morning rant,this won't get fixed soon or at all.
                    Maine needs to hire some tech savvy marketers in their athletic dept. They should be able to get these guys/gals straight out of school so they shouldn't cost THAT much. It's imperative that they recognize that streaming video, social media, and other on-line activity IS the future of marketing and promoting the athletic department. The other part is affordable, accessible, and enjoyable game day experiences. They have gotten better is some areas.......but also lack in terms of pricing, concessions, and of course WINNING.

Comment

Tech savvy marketers won't do any good without leadership at the top. Especially young and inexperienced ones.

Maine just needs someone with some business background, some common sense and an understanding of mathematics.
                      If you are getting 3000 at $24. per ticket = $72,000

You want 4500? What's the magic number to achieve that goal? Let's say $17. per ticket?
                      4500 x $17. = $76,500

How about getting a little more aggressive? Want to reach capacity of 5200? Drop the price to $15. per ticket.
                      5200 x $15. = $78,000. More for less. Think they might sell a couple more hot dogs to boot? Don't even think of raising prices until the team and/or the economy improves.

I don't know the real numbers, so the above is all hypothetical. But, for whoever does know the real numbers... do the math!

The advertisers along the boards and within the arena might also be a little happier that their message is reaching 2000 more people. Hit them up for a few more bucks. Don't gouge them... a 'few' more bucks. If they balk, forget it. The economy out there really does suck folks, regardless of what you're being led to believe, and it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Also, on another front, has Maine lost any loyal followers state wide due to lack of radio/tv coverage? If so, that needs to be addressed.

Maine needs a business person running the business end of the show, period. My 2 cents.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Tech savvy marketers won't do any good without leadership at the top. Especially young and inexperienced ones.

Maine just needs someone with some business background, some common sense and an understanding of mathematics.

You want 4500? What's the magic number to achieve that goal? Let's say $17. per ticket?
                        4500 x $17. = $76,500

How about getting a little more aggressive? Want to reach capacity of 5200? Drop the price to $15. per ticket.
                        5200 x $15. = $78,000. More for less. Think they might sell a couple more hot dogs to boot? Don't even think of raising prices until the team and/or the economy improves.

I don't know the real numbers, so the above is all hypothetical. But, for whoever does know the real numbers... do the math!

The advertisers along the boards and within the arena might also be a little happier that their message is reaching 2000 more people. Hit them up for a few more bucks. Don't gouge them... a 'few' more bucks. If they balk, forget it. The economy out there really does suck folks, regardless of what you're being led to believe, and it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Also, on another front, has Maine lost any loyal followers state wide due to lack of radio/tv coverage? If so, that needs to be addressed.

Maine needs a business person running the business end of the show, period. My 2 cents.
                        Preaching to the choir. I've been saying the exact same things. It's basic economics. How someone who's running an entire athletic dept's marketing and business office can't comprehend the simplicity of how to increase revenue is beyond me. And you hit it on the head as far as TV goes. 90% of the State's pop. lives in Southern Maine. Yet there's been one yes ONE game on TV down here. I truly don't get it. It's very frustrating and extremely maddening.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          Preaching to the choir. I've been saying the exact same things. It's basic economics. How someone who's running an entire athletic dept's marketing and business office can't comprehend the simplicity of how to increase revenue is beyond me. And you hit it on the head as far as TV goes. 90% of the State's pop. lives in Southern Maine. Yet there's been one yes ONE game on TV down here. I truly don't get it. It's very frustrating and extremely maddening.
                          The only reason there hasn't been changes is whoever has been in charge doesn't want to own up to previous mistakes. I would hope/think this is the last year with the ridiculous ticket prices though. You can blame Learfield sports for lack of coverage in southern maine as I believe they have complete control over where the games get broadcast. Using them has been as big of a mistake as the ridiculous ticket prices in my opinion.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

4500 x $17. = $76,500

Good Summary and a plus 1...sadly all you've said makes a lot of $ense,but will it be useful to this Bunch(UMaine A.D. & Staff)...I think not...and they said all along this summer before Tickets were priced and Season Ticket Applications were sent out,was the GOAL was putting back people in the Arena and building up a sagging Season Ticket Holder base,but instead Season Ticket sales have dropped and single game tickets are just not selling...that's why we see so many more Students in sections that they use to never sit in or have the chance to sit there...and don't get me wrong...I want the Students in there. Frustrating that it would be a simple plan that they would reap the benefits in the form of MONEY.But they(UMaine)never seem to cease to amaze me in if you say Black they say White.

Comment

Do you guys pay attention to the news at all? THEY HAVE NO MONEY.How do hire anyone when you don't have 2 nickels to rub together?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

They can start by getting rid of people like Joe Roberts.

Comment

Working...
                                X