X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Guess we will find out who these guys are tonight.
    We have to learn to play smart as well as play hard. People who don’t play hard can’t play for us. They can’t be part of this program. … There were a few of those. You won’t see them (Saturday) night. You may never see them again.”
    Where was this from?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      What we'd all like to see is a group of young men who banded together and chose not to let this be a setback. That's not what has happened.
      Yeah. Delicate. Probably listen to Death Cab for Cutie in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        You don't learn to do stuff like this. You just do it. it's either in your character or it's not.

Stop hanging your heads and feeling sorry for yourselves, or content because you played a good first period, and get mad. Play hard. Move your feet. Battle. You like losing? Then do something about it.
        Exactly, except there isn't a leader on this team nor anyone (apparently) who gives a chit at this point. I'm starting to think Wally is right. Red has lost this group. And this season is going to be a disaster. In the off season he will purge all the dead weight and start from scratch. I wouldn't care if they won another game as long as they played hard, with pride and some freaking respect for the name on the front of the jersey.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            Exactly, except there isn't a leader on this team nor anyone (apparently) who gives a chit at this point. I'm starting to think Wally is right. Red has lost this group. And this season is going to be a disaster. In the off season he will purge all the dead weight and start from scratch. I wouldn't care if they won another game as long as they played hard, with pride and some freaking respect for the name on the front of the jersey.

In the words of the Hurricanes: From national champs to national chumps

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
              In the words of the Hurricanes: From national champs to national chumps
              I'm not one to stir the pot but your posts are starting to grind on me. Hence a lot of the long time posters ignoring you. You had this team going to the NCAAs at the beginning of the season now you're the biggest hater. Either you have no idea about what's going on or you're just a dbag. Either way stop. Have something constructive to add to the board or go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Where was this from?
                PPH. Peccaro and Norman out. Hayes to 2nd line. Campbell and Very in
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                  Which they did last year, until the Notre Dame debacle. They've just never gotten over that weekend. Fragile confidence, and not tough mentally. First time something goes bad and it's "oh no, here we go again", and they just give up.

Comment

Schurhammer ties things up but ref waves it off.... under review....

no idea why it would be waved off...

should be 1-1... looked clear to me...

goal stands

1-1 8 minutes in...
                    Last edited by gscott13; 11-29-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• I've heard Shawn say some **** before but I've never heard a coach yell that before
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I've heard Shawn say some **** before but I've never heard a coach yell that before
                        It was something like "I'm going to see to it that you never ref again" or something similar. I'm sitting close to the Maine bench and could hear him.

Comment

Guy skates unmolested to the right post, takes a couple hacks at the puck while Rutt is just gliding back down toward him from the circle. Only moves his feet once the guy's stabbed at it a couple times, and by then, it's in the net.

Comment

Renouf at the buzzer... under review...

no goal... after the buzzer...

2-1 UVM after 2

Maine will start the third with a full 2 minutes of pp time...
                            Last edited by gscott13; 11-29-2014, 07:42 PM.

Comment

At least they are competing tonight.

Comment

No complaint about the disallowed goal. Seemed clearly late. Let's see a good period, and let the chips fall where they may.

edit: okay, then. 3-1.
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Working...
                                X