X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    No
    Worth a call. IIRC nearly all the tickets on the sidelines were pulled from the general public sale and sent to the university(ies)

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      I don't think it matters who the coach is with this group of players. Realistically there are 4/5 guys on this roster who are true D1 players. I don't think Walshy, Red, or Herb Brooks could get much from this team.
      grant would teach the goalies not to be so deep, to be in position and to square up… that would have won a few games.
      grant would also be able to get into Byron's head and fix what ails him (just guessing)… that kid showed some Teddy like vision and evasion moves early last season… now he is just slightly better than me. (heh heh)… I think Grant would also be able to get Devin to be hitting more of his shots….

and Reg Cardinal would not have been a D1 player if he has been used wrong…

but overall you are correct… with the exception of Shore, this team is boys against the PC/Union/BU men and Shore is 2 steps slower after the dirty leg check he took against the penalty box door

Comment

I'm still questioning why Whitehead got 12 seasons to prove himself yet many on here want Gendron's head on a platter after 1.5 seasons??? Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          So .500 hockey and 1-12-3 on the road last season was "overachieving" in your eyes??? Yikes.
          And what was their home record last year? Certainly at home compared to their away record last year they did overachieve, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
            i believe you are the one who said that he has lost the boys and that they do not respond to his incessant yelling… clearly THAT is the wrong choice if it is true.

or were you playing the forsyth game and just getting me to say what you wanted said.?
            Yeah, I'm the one playing that game.

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            Bingo, Priceless. If the football players would just not break the law Lomberg would still be here
            Come on.....SOS and a sh*tty power play has nothing to do with Maine's poor record.......it's all about Lomberg!
            Jesus Christ, you guys are childish. Do you seriously think there wasn't a connection between the previous cases where UM came down too easily on student-athletes and got burned that led to a massive overreaction regarding Lomberg? I have some ocean front property in North Dakota for you if you don't. We don't know what Lomberg might have done with the team this season. Maybe he would have been terrible, but we'll never know because the school pulled the plug. This was already a struggling team even with him. Take him off the team the way they did and it's going to make things worse.

Comment

I'm still questioning why Whitehead got 12 seasons to prove himself yet many on here want Gendron's head on a platter after 1.5 seasons??? Weird.
              Who wants Red's head on a platter?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                And what was their home record last year? Certainly at home compared to their away record last year they did overachieve, wouldn't you say?
                Against the Sisters of the Poor?.......no, I'd say that they were pretty bad last season and with poor goaltending and a tougher schedule......they're even worse this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Yeah, I'm the one playing that game.

Jesus Christ, you guys are childish. Do you seriously think there wasn't a connection between the previous cases where UM came down too easily on student-athletes and got burned that led to a massive overreaction regarding Lomberg? I have some ocean front property in North Dakota for you if you don't. We don't know what Lomberg might have done with the team this season. Maybe he would have been terrible, but we'll never know because the school pulled the plug. This was already a struggling team even with him. Take him off the team the way they did and it's going to make things worse.
                  So how many years will this "Lomberg hangover" last?

Comment

Who wants Red's head on a platter?
                    People that still can't take their nose out of Whitehead's *ss.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                      So how many years will this "Lomberg hangover" last?
                      There's no tellin..... Y'all should pray it doesn't turn into a curse of the Bambino thing.

Comment

People that still can't take their nose out of Whitehead's *ss.
                        Got any names? I haven't seen anyone call for Red's job.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          There's no tellin..... Y'all should pray it doesn't turn into a curse of the Bambino thing.
                          Yikes!!! There's already the curse of Shawn, the curse of Timmay, the curse of Piotrowski... just to name a few. Maine doesn't need any more curses.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Do you seriously think there wasn't a connection between the previous cases where UM came down too easily on student-athletes and got burned that led to a massive overreaction regarding Lomberg?
                            There was a definite connection in my opinion, but until the University gives a press release telling everyone that that factored into their decision some people will refuse to give any credence to it. You can't prove it, but most likely it was a major reason. Hamilton a while back did something similar and a few other hockey players were involved in that same incident and nothing substantial happened to them, and that involved a court case too.

Things on this team appear to be falling apart, and it's not because of Lomberg. But to say Lomberg's removal from the team isn't a contributing factor to the psychological mental malaise that we see play out on the ice would be to leave out a major piece to this team's story.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                              There was a definite connection in my opinion, but until the University gives a press release telling everyone that that factored into their decision some people will refuse to give any credence to it. You can't prove it, but most likely it was a major reason. Hamilton a while back did something similar and a few other hockey players were involved in that same incident and nothing substantial happened to them, and that involved a court case too.

Things on this team appear to be falling apart, and it's not because of Lomberg. But to say Lomberg's removal from the team isn't a contributing factor to the psychological mental malaise that we see play out on the ice would be to leave out a major piece to this team's story.

It's a question that needs to be asked

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                                It's as if they don't care
                                IMO If the goalies made some key saves when called upon, maybe the skaters in front of them would react positively instead of being deflated.

Comment

Working...
                                X