This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
    Well said. Certainly no conspiracy here.

Bingo, Priceless. If the football players would just not break the law Lomberg would still be here

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
      this is NOT last year's schedule through Oct and Nov.

and someone mentioned that Maine could "easily" have won the 2 BU games… I have seen BU much more than I have seen maine this season, and they are a third period team and they are an old shawn walsh, in your face, never give up team… maine was up 2-0 and I still knew that BU was going to have no problem winning… the ONLY time I had second thoughts was when maine was up 2-0 and Brown had an open net…

Maine is ANderson's Merrimack

and I can see who used to run Cahoon's idiotic pass-pass-pass-pass power play. I do not care that the coaching manual was written by red… the PP sucks… Leen does not get great angles and perfect shots, yet the pucks sometimes go in the net for him.
      So you are saying Red was the wrong choice?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
        It's not all about Lomberg, it's about team unity and team chemistry. Gendron has said the team isn't mentally tough enough. Why wouldn't the Lomberg decision still be affecting their play if they aren't mentally tough enough to play through that adversity? There's not too many other straws to grasp at, because other than better than average goaltending last year not much has changed this year and it's a bit of a mystery how they were able to overachieve last year and completely underachieve so far this year.
        WHAT MYSTERY?
        they "overachieved" playing AIC and the bowdoin women's club team early on… this year Maine has played almost exclusively ranked teams early on
        they "overachieved" losing almost every road game and almost every late season important game … (when they were no longer playing the paraolypian sled hockey teams)

how did they over achieve

(and THAT's how ya do hyperbole, John!)

Comment

Disregarding the three wins last season against then-last place Merrimack and the two wins over now-last place Massachusetts, Maine is 3-18-2 in the last 23 games and 2-11-1 in Hockey East games.

Those Maine-New Hampshire non-conference games sure looked more attractive this summer than they do now. 10 vs 11 in Hockey East.

Comment

Lomberg didn't play D and he didn't play goal. I don't believe any of VTs goals go past last years Marty

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              i believe you are the one who said that he has lost the boys and that they do not respond to his incessant yelling… clearly THAT is the wrong choice if it is true.

or were you playing the forsyth game and just getting me to say what you wanted said.?

Comment

So I went to get tix for the Portland game and apparently it's sold out. Must be a ton of UHN fans coming cause even when Maine was decent the Portland game never even came close to selling out. Hence my non urgency on getting them. Anyone have 2 extra they want to get rid of??????

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                  So I went to get tix for the Portland game and apparently it's sold out. Must be a ton of UHN fans coming cause even when Maine was decent the Portland game never even came close to selling out. Hence my non urgency on getting them. Anyone have 2 extra they want to get rid of??????
                  Did you call UMaine ticket office?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I don't think it matters who the coach is with this group of players. Realistically there are 4/5 guys on this roster who are true D1 players. I don't think Walshy, Red, or Herb Brooks could get much from this team.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbear80 View Post
                      Did you call UMaine ticket office?
                      No

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                        There's not too many other straws to grasp at, because other than better than average goaltending last year not much has changed this year and it's a bit of a mystery how they were able to overachieve last year and completely underachieve so far this year.
                        So .500 hockey and 1-12-3 on the road last season was "overachieving" in your eyes??? Yikes.

Comment

this is NOT last year's schedule through Oct and Nov.

and someone mentioned that Maine could "easily" have won the 2 BU games… I have seen BU much more than I have seen maine this season, and they are a third period team and they are an old shawn walsh, in your face, never give up team… maine was up 2-0 and I still knew that BU was going to have no problem winning… the ONLY time I had second thoughts was when maine was up 2-0 and Brown had an open net…

Maine is ANderson's Merrimack

and I can see who used to run Cahoon's idiotic pass-pass-pass-pass power play. I do not care that the coaching manual was written by red… the PP sucks… Leen does not get great angles and perfect shots, yet the pucks sometimes go in the net for him.
                          Come on.....SOS and a sh*tty power play has nothing to do with Maine's poor record.......it's all about Lomberg!

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                            Bingo, Priceless. If the football players would just not break the law Lomberg would still be here
                            Lomberg would have won the Hobey this season.......and Mane would have won the NC.

Comment

i believe you are the one who said that he has lost the boys and that they do not respond to his incessant yelling… clearly THAT is the wrong choice if it is true.

or were you playing the forsyth game and just getting me to say what you wanted said.?
                              No I said I heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                I don't think it matters who the coach is with this group of players. Realistically there are 4/5 guys on this roster who are true D1 players. I don't think Walshy, Red, or Herb Brooks could get much from this team.
                                Ding ding ding!

Comment

Working...
                                X