This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

WHY not this for Saturday: Out: Lacroix,Norman,Merchant,Hayes & Morris... IN: Cerretani,Musil,Higgins,Vesey & Start Nugnes with Remeo as the Backup...I mean why not,this was more or less a horror show after the 3-2 Maine lead. Give Vermont all the credit to boot,they came to play...they never let down and they pressured Maine and did all the little things/blocking shots-making the passing lanes near impossible for Maine...and they choked Maine through the center ice and blue line zones...they were focused and Maine was not.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
      I have a feeling this Lomberg thing has a lot to do with it
      If it is...then this season is a waste.

Comment

Agreed. However Connor takes too many bad shots when he has better plays available. I think Shore was shocked when he passed it to him in the 2x1 in the third. I know I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
          Agreed. However Connor takes too many bad shots when he has better plays available. I think Shore was shocked when he passed it to him in the 2x1 in the third. I know I was.
          Who is Devon going to pass it to? Will Merchant? I realize he looks to pass first but be a little selfish and take a few shots instead. I keep thinking of the dangle twins
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Ceratanni should be playing.

Comment

One thing is for sure.....Maine doesn't need to recruit any goaltenders..........the ones that they have right now are awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                Curious, what's the "Lomberg thing?"

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                  Who knew that thug had so much power over this team? Maybe they should channel their energy and "win one for Ryan"........

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    Paranoia, conspiracy theories, and grasping for straws from the internet nutcases........

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      Short version: Lomberg beat the stuffing out of a local. The university, having been burned by Jevon Belcher, overreacted and gave Lomberg a three semester suspension (effectively ending his UM career). Lomberg, aside from being a top line forward was a popular player on this team and a scholar-athlete to boot. He now has 17 points in 17 games for Youngstown and Maine is 3-10-1 and can't score in a whorehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Short version: Lomberg beat the stuffing out of a local. The university, having been burned by Jevon Belcher, overreacted and gave Lomberg a three semester suspension (effectively ending his UM career). Lomberg, aside from being a top line forward was a popular player on this team and a scholar-athlete to boot. He now has 17 points in 17 games for Youngstown and Maine is 3-10-1 and can't score in a whorehouse.
                        Well said. Certainly no conspiracy here.

Comment

If Ryan Lomberg is THAT good......certainly Maine should have done better in 2013-2014, no? I mean......someone better than sliced bread should carry a team.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                            If Ryan Lomberg is THAT good......certainly Maine should have done better in 2013-2014, no? I mean......someone better than sliced bread should carry a team.
                            Hyperbole much? Where does anyone say he is better than sliced bread?

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                              It's not all about Lomberg, it's about team unity and team chemistry. Gendron has said the team isn't mentally tough enough. Why wouldn't the Lomberg decision still be affecting their play if they aren't mentally tough enough to play through that adversity? There's not too many other straws to grasp at, because other than better than average goaltending last year not much has changed this year and it's a bit of a mystery how they were able to overachieve last year and completely underachieve so far this year.

As far as conspiracies go, I do think it's more than just a coincidence that the "Fill the Steins Blog" was able to indict Lomberg publicly in the Bangor Daily News before his trial and still claim to be unaffiliated with the University, while Larry Mahoney has had his hands tied through the collapse of the Whitehead era and only could sugarcoat things. It seems to me the "Fill the Steins Blog" was given the OK by the University to do a character assassination on Lomberg before all of the facts were released and before he had a fair trial. If you want a conspiracy, there's one for you.

The team is not getting the job done either way, but the University certainly hasn't done them any favors with how they allowed the Lomberg situation to transpire the way it did.
                              Last edited by blackbearbandie; 11-29-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Yup, mentally gone. If anyone needs a break its this team, right now. They might win a couple more games this season but even that might be stretch
                                this is NOT last year's schedule through Oct and Nov.

and someone mentioned that Maine could "easily" have won the 2 BU games… I have seen BU much more than I have seen maine this season, and they are a third period team and they are an old shawn walsh, in your face, never give up team… maine was up 2-0 and I still knew that BU was going to have no problem winning… the ONLY time I had second thoughts was when maine was up 2-0 and Brown had an open net…

Maine is ANderson's Merrimack

and I can see who used to run Cahoon's idiotic pass-pass-pass-pass power play. I do not care that the coaching manual was written by red… the PP sucks… Leen does not get great angles and perfect shots, yet the pucks sometimes go in the net for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X