PDA

View Full Version : UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Drew S.
12-01-2014, 02:18 PM
To be fair to the administration, he is legally entitled to an appeals process. The administration of the University had decided his fate by the Spring. Lomberg appealed, which means he gets a full hearing in front of the conduct code committee (involving students, faculty and staff). I would imagine it was hard to find student members of the committee outside of the school year, meaning that the appeal couldn't be heard until they returned to campus in August/September.

People keep missing the point that the appeal was heard by at least two of his peers, at least two professors and likely a staff member. It wasn't just the deans sitting around and saying "he's got to go." He had a chance to plead his case in front of non-administrators and they agreed with the punishment. Which doesn't always happen.

Re-read the stories over the summer in the BDN. It's claimed his hearing would be after the judicial process played out when it happened right after the incident.

I don't think anyone here knows enought about the people listening to his appeal to determine it's fairness. I'm sure there are plenty of students who hate the hockey team and would be happy to kick someone from it off campus.

walrus
12-01-2014, 03:23 PM
I appreciate a good discussion but as far as the hockey team is concerned once they learned Lomberg was kicked to the curb it should have been over in their minds. He ain't walking thru that door, he is history. Not having Ryan has hurt the team, it hasn't made it stink the place up. It hasn't made the D look pathetic nearly every game. It hasn't made the goalies look like freshman. etc etc

Nick Papagiorgio
12-01-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't think anyone here knows enought about the people listening to his appeal to determine it's fairness. I'm sure there are plenty of students who hate the hockey team and would be happy to kick someone from it off campus.

Hands up, don't shoot!!!

Drew S.
12-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Hands up, don't shoot!!!

If only someone with your intellect and sense of fairness could have been in charge of proceedings!

umhockey91
12-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Re-read the stories over the summer in the BDN. It's claimed his hearing would be after the judicial process played out when it happened right after the incident.

"Hate" is a mighty strong word. Maybe the fragile psyche of this team is due to all of this "hatred" from the student body, no?

Good grief...........:rolleyes:

Priceless
12-01-2014, 04:12 PM
If only someone with your intellect and sense of fairness could have been in charge of proceedings!

The problem was there was...

Look, Lomberg was the most popular player on the team, a scholar-athlete and the second most-skilled forward on the roster. It is true the team should have shaken it off, but many players on this team didn't. You can say they should have, but they didn't. They aren't strong mentally and taking that player off this team - the way they took him off this team - left scars. Call it an excuse if you like, but this is what happened. It sucks and I really wish this team was stronger mentally, but everything we've seen so far tells us this happened.

umhockey91
12-01-2014, 04:45 PM

Look, Lomberg was the most popular player on the team, a scholar-athlete and the second most-skilled forward on the roster. It is true the team should have shaken it off, but many players on this team didn't. You can say they should have, but they didn't. They aren't strong mentally and taking that player off this team - the way they took him off this team - left scars. Call it an excuse if you like, but this is what happened. It sucks and I really wish this team was stronger mentally, but everything we've seen so far tells us this happened.

I feel bad for this team. I sure hope that everyone affected can get over this someday.

BlackI
12-01-2014, 06:01 PM

Really. So you have a Shore, Hutton, Byron, etc... looking at NHL contracts and attending their camps and all of a sudden a guy that got out of control is going to change their goals in life. Go sell crazy somewhere else. If this team isn't winning it falls squarely on the coach and the upperclassmen.

For me, one out of every two games has been weak goaltending. By and large, the defense hasn't protected the net front. Worse, is the offense hasn't gone to the net hard enough and battled down low enough. We need people that own the middle of the ice and will go all out to protect it.

Enough said.

blackbearbandie
12-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Lots of Maine Hockey related articles in the Bangor Daily News tonight:

This one is on Alfie Michaud:
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/12/01/sports/former-umaine-hockey-player-enjoying-jobs-as-pirates-goalie-instructor-junior-pirates-coach/?ref=SportsBox

Here's one on the quadruple amputee veteran that was at Saturday's game, with quotes from the team
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/12/01/sports/quadruple-amputee-inspires-umaine-mens-hockey-team-crowd-during-saturday-appearance/?ref=SportsBox

And lastly, one on Romeo:
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/12/01/sports/freshman-goalie-romeo-a-bright-spot-for-struggling-umaine-mens-hockey-team/?ref=SportsBox

Kdaddy1968
12-01-2014, 06:37 PM
If only your team were as active and passionate as your fan base here... =

rufus
12-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I feel bad for this team. I sure hope that everyone affected can get over this someday.

It may take years of counseling.

FiveHole12
12-01-2014, 07:15 PM
I've never seen tears like this... and I work in an onion factory.

W_T_F did they put in the water up there???

UncleRay
12-01-2014, 07:30 PM

W_T_F did they put in the water up there???Onions.

walrus
12-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Really. So you have a Shore, Hutton, Byron, etc... looking at NHL contracts and attending their camps and all of a sudden a guy that got out of control is going to change their goals in life. Go sell crazy somewhere else. If this team isn't winning it falls squarely on the coach and the upperclassmen.

+1

all bear
12-01-2014, 07:32 PM

Too many swing'in dix is all it is.

all bear
12-01-2014, 07:35 PM
If only the hawkey team had as many swinging dix as these fans we'd have something big and hard now wudnt we?

all bear
12-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Methinks these pansies out there wearing blue need more touchy feely counseling after the death of that thug Lomborg

BlackI
12-01-2014, 07:43 PM

OK, I would love to tour that factory.

Hey, stone's throw away.

I doubt you have any type of stones to invite me to your factory. :)

BlackI
12-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Methinks these pansies out there wearing blue need more touchy feely counseling after the death of that thug Lomborg

at first I was worried that you would be a ****** bag... now you have proven it beyond all reasonable doubts...

all bear
12-01-2014, 07:50 PM
at first I was worried that you would be a ****** bag... now you have proven it beyond all reasonable doubts...

Ahhh go drink urself into oblivion and pizz down your own panties . Then we'll need to counsel you too. Too many gd weepy eyed liberals round here :)