This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

I count 10 defensemen for next season now if Spicer is still coming. Doesn't that seem like a lot of D-men?

Maybe Hayes goes back to F? (9)........and/or Hutton doesn't return? (8)..........and/or Spicer is no longer coming? (7)

Comment

So is Musil injured or just a healthy scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy View Post
        Good question. Unless the player speaks up, fans never know. Gendron releases nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Good question. Unless the player speaks up, fans never know. Gendron releases nothing.
          I think the players are under a gag order , so don't expect any information via that route.

Comment

I haven't seen or heard anything but it wouldn't surprise me if he was a healthy scratch
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              It's facts like this that really have me questioning the sky is falling fair weather posters on this board. Losing to teams like this is no shame, and a break here or there, and there could have been three wins out of this bunch just as easily.

I'd like to see lines of

Leen Shore Swavely
              Vesey Brown Pecararo
              Morgan Higgins Byron

And I don't know about a fourth line. I like what I've seen of Hayes as a winger, and the team badly needs his size and grit. Is Lecroix the only center who can play there, or is there someone else? Maybe a line of Merchant, Campbell and Hayes, or maybe work Tegeler in there? Have a big, bumping fourth line like Walsh used to play, with guys like Tepper, Lacouture, Widmeyer. Or maybe put Lecroix on the third between Morgan and Byron and drop Higgins to the fourth?

No true second and third lines anyway, the Brown line could be third, while Morgan and Byron and whoever's centering be the second. Not a whole lot of difference.

Not having seen the games in person, I'm not as down on the defense as some are. I thought they played pretty well the first game against BU, a game I was able to see. Maybe pair Hamilton with Hutton, and Riley with Rutt? Love the Schuhamer-Renouf pair.

Romeo seems like he's played pretty well, well enough to earn the starting job. Work Morris and Nugnes in when you can against lesser opponents Don't overwork him like Ouellette was last year.
              This might work. Didn't Brown play between Morgan and Byron last year with some success?

Comment

So is Maine carrying 10 defensemen next season?

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  So is Maine carrying 10 defensemen next season?
                  Hayes has been turned into a forward. Maybe they're looking to convert some more.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Maybe pair Hamilton with Hutton, and Riley with Rutt? Love the Schuhamer-Renouf pair.
                    I'd like to see a Hamilton and Hutton pairing.

FWIW, Rutt and RIley played together last year.
                    Last edited by blackbear80; 11-25-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Originally posted by blackbear80 View Post
                      I think the players are under a gag order , so don't expect any information via that route.
                      Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      I haven't seen or heard anything but it wouldn't surprise me if he was a healthy scratch
                      Well that sucks. He's the only reason I'd tune into a Maine game (British hockey fan) but it's a total guessing game whether or not he'll dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                        This might work. Didn't Brown play between Morgan and Byron last year with some success?
                        Yes they were together for a good part of last year...and they did have a good line...won't hurt to put that group back together for at least the UVM series.

Comment

Well that sucks. He's the only reason I'd tune into a Maine game (British hockey fan) but it's a total guessing game whether or not he'll dress.
                          The roster is released before game time, so you have a chance to make the decision before paying your money.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Not sure he is quick enough to play. Might take a year to get used to the speed.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              The roster is released before game time, so you have a chance to make the decision before paying your money.
                              if its a home game one the WMEB radio guys usually posts the roster on the facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Not sure he is quick enough to play. Might take a year to get used to the speed.
                                With that being said, we've brought in guys who looked a lot worse. It was strange to see Norman play ahead of him against BU.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X