X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    I'm just hoping that the hockey program wins again someday before I die.
    It will...but right now the Program is most likely in the worst of worst...but at least people still care and have the passion still burning to bring back winning hockey @ Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Let's think this through. Gendron inherits a team last year and does a commendable job. The team finishes above .500 even though they "tank" late in the season. This season the team begins where they left off in the Spring. He brings in his own recruits (except Pecararo), and game outcomes are dismal. The talent level of his recruits at this point are no better than under the previous coaching staff. It is possible the team will turn it around and get better as the season goes along. This would be the best possible scenario and I hope they do. I am willing to give Gendron lots of time and it appears he will need it.
      The only reason they were barely above .500 last season was the schedule over the 1st 1/2 of the season. I don't see this team as any worse than last years. I see a harder schedule this year and their record reflects it. They are a mediocre team playing much more talented opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        The only reason they were barely above .500 last season was the schedule over the 1st 1/2 of the season. I don't see this team as any worse than last years. I see a harder schedule this year and their record reflects it. They are a mediocre team playing much more talented opponents.
        Winning % to date of teams Maine has played: BU .850 - Vermont .708 - BC .583 - Union .542 - Alaska .500 - Alaska Anck. .429 - UMass .300

Comment

Checked out last years first 13 games/teams played and their overall winning %: BC .750 - Vermont(4 gms) .566 - Bentley .568 - St.Lawrence .477 - BU .343 - UMass(4 gms) .294

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            They are a mediocre team playing much more talented opponents.
            That sums it up pretty well. They have some very good players, some good players and a bunch of guys that could not make the roster at any top 20 Div 1 program. That's where Red's predecessor brought the program. Let's cut the bullshirt. That's the truth. Now it is on Red/Leach/Guite to coach, lead, recruit and raise money. This is not a small project. It is a major reconstruction.

Whatever they win this year will only be on grit, hard work and more effort than their opponent. Last night, they had none of those three ingredients. Totally unacceptable.

Comment

He brings in his own recruits (except Pecararo), and game outcomes are dismal. The talent level of his recruits at this point are no better than under the previous coaching staff.
              Time out. I don't think that is correct. Let's look at this. Here are the Freshmen:
              Vesey
              Lecroix
              Musil
              Romeo
              Pecararo
              Hamilton
              Hayes

With accuracy please, which of these Freshmen are Red/Leach/Guite's recruits vs Whitehead/Corkum et al?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                Time out. I don't think that is correct. Let's look at this. Here are the Freshmen:
                Vesey
                Lecroix
                Musil
                Romeo
                Pecararo
                Hamilton
                Hayes

With accuracy please, which of these Freshmen are Red/Leach/Guite's recruits vs Whitehead/Corkum et al?
                I think all but Peccaro and Romeo are Red recruits
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Anyone else know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                    Just go back and look at the Heisenberg lists ........they will tell you when they all committed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      He's right to a large degree. There were recruits of Tim's that Red didn't bring in so I kind of look at Pecararo and Romeo as being half and half. I'm sure if Red didn't like them they wouldn't be here.

It's going to take a lot more than one recruiting class for Maine to get back where it needs to be, especially in today's game. Any recruit that comes in and has a big freshman year will leave soon after so how much does that help? I think all this year's freshmen have the potential to be good college players and should stick around for three or four years.

I don't think there are many guys on this year's team that wouldn't make a top 20 team, it's more that the balance isn't quite right. Maine has a lot of guys who are more third line types than top two line types. Timmy got accused of bringing in 'grinders' but that wasn't really true. It was more he brought in offensive forwards who were missing a component needed to put up a lot of points at the D1 level. I think Morgan is a decent example of this. He's very skilled but doesn't have the athleticism needed to be a major contributor. Hopefully over time Red is able to upgrade each class and then we will see Maine back in the top or thereabouts and in the NCAA's again.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        You are correct. Peccararo and Romeo were Tim's recruits. Others de-committed. Andrew Tegeler and Nugnes are Red's recruits and they haven't played yet as I recall.

Comment

You are correct. Peccararo and Romeo were Tim's recruits. Others de-committed. Andrew Tegeler and Nugnes are Red's recruits and they haven't played yet as I recall.
                          Tegeler has played one game to date,while Nugnes was injured during training camp and has since been said to have skated some,but with no word if still not ready for play.

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
                            http://bangordailynews.com/sports/

About freakin time he boiled over !
                            I realize how frustrating it is to lose multiple consecutive games. However, in my opinion throwing your team "under the bus" may not be the most productive strategy. He threatens to bench players and substitute them with others. He then says I still believe in you and we will stick with it. Which is it? I trust that he knows his team well enough before launching a public attack. Could it possibly be the opposition is just better?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Tegeler has played one game to date,while Nugnes was injured during training camp and has since been said to have skated some,but with no word if still not ready for play.
                              Nugnes has been on the pregame roster at Alfond so he must be ready

Comment

I realize how frustrating it is to lose multiple consecutive games. However, in my opinion throwing your team "under the bus" may not be the most productive strategy. He threatens to bench players and substitute them with others. He then says I still believe in you and we will stick with it. Which is it? I trust that he knows his team well enough before launching a public attack. Could it possibly be the opposition is just better?
                                Yeah, I think his temper got the better of him on that. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X