X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    wow I brag up leen and this is how it goes.

unbelievable. I say if we are looking at a losing season release the dogs and run every team in HE off the ice no matter what the penalties are. this is ridiculous how these refs are calling maine this season and the last few.

I say write off the season and run them off the ice.
    Black, blacky... now this seems like a considerably dumb thing to say... something Chrisssyyy!!!! I mean hobeyfaker might drool out of his mouth. Now pleaze apologize to JD, I think you hurt his feelings.
    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
      Black, blacky... now this seems like a considerably dumb thing to say... something Chrisssyyy!!!! I mean hobeyfaker might drool out of his mouth. Now pleaze apologize to JD, I think you hurt his feelings.
      Me thinks lots of beer was involved with BlackI last night He accidentally fell into a 6 pack or 2.

Maine is mentally a mess, really its that simple at this point. They can compete physically to a point but once the game is on the line they fall apart. Say hello to another loss tonight unless BC is bigger mess than Maine. I knew this team wasn't going to be great but I didn't think they were going to be bad. Hats off to Romeo for stepping up but Maine still needs a goalie who can steal some games. The D is suspect, Shore has to be hurt and Red won't have any hair left if this keeps up
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        And Minnesota just lost to a bunch of 17 YOs.

Nothing makes any sense anymore.
        truth be told that was the most talented team bu has played yet
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I suspect Maine will just go through the motions tonight against the ingles after a demoralizing L last night. Should be an easy 2 points for them
          sure why not

Comment

I suspect Maine will just go through the motions tonight against the ingles after a demoralizing L last night. Should be an easy 2 points for them
            wait! so the bb's won't run them off the ice?!?! DAMMIT!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              wait! so the bb's won't run them off the ice?!?! DAMMIT!!
              Not saying that... might happen . now gtfoo and send scarlet over.
              sure why not

Comment

You called?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  You called?
                  hey, ab is looking for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    You called?
                    Frankly my dear I just don't give a dam (anymore). So , how is the princess of Commonwealth Ave these days? Nice hawkey team yuse guys got there.
                    sure why not

Comment

Eickler 2 Maine 0

If BU doesn't win the NC with this Eiichler kid, it will be the epic choke of all time.
                      BU has a decent team,NO NC this year,maybe the Bean-Pot...a NCAA Bid...Eichel is a talent and with that said I wouldn't expect him after his Sophmore year to call BU home as whom ever Drafts him this Summer(1st/2nd or 3rd)...they may let him stay one more season then bump him up to the AHL for further his development...which won't take much and he could be in the NHL after a 1/2 -3/4 season in the AHL...it will all depend on who Drafts him...Carolina? Edmonton? Phoenix?...Buffalo?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Me thinks lots of beer was involved with BlackI last night He accidentally fell into a 6 pack or 2.

Maine is mentally a mess, really its that simple at this point. They can compete physically to a point but once the game is on the line they fall apart. Say hello to another loss tonight unless BC is bigger mess than Maine. I knew this team wasn't going to be great but I didn't think they were going to be bad. Hats off to Romeo for stepping up but Maine still needs a goalie who can steal some games. The D is suspect, Shore has to be hurt and Red won't have any hair left if this keeps up
                        They can't seem to put 3 periods together,at times they seem to run out of gas 10 minutes into a period...the D as you say is very suspect...yes Remeo has done well at times,but again I agree with they need a Stud in net that can steal games and the whole team has confidence each and every game he's in the crease...Shore...who knows,maybe he's trying to do too much and his plate is full...plus the other teams dog him all game long...never giving him an inch as he is Maine's only Legit scorer(nothing against Cam Brown,BUT)...and "IF" Red ever looses all his hair,well I wouldn't want to be around him on or off the ice. I didn't expect a lot this season except that each game/each week you'd see improvement in different phase's of the Teams game...but it very well could be a LONG/Long season,only 1/3rd thru and @ 3-8-1.

Comment

FWIW and to add some sanity thought Maine played a good hockey game last night. BU was dominant in spurts, but Maine played a good team game and were good in the offensive zone cycling and controlling. Folks Maine simply is not deep enough. I don't know how many minutes Shore played last night but he was out there a lot and the way he is committing himself defensively is likely impacting his offense. Romeo was solid all night long. Maine was susceptible to back door plays and BU finally converted on the 2nd goal. 1st goal was all Eichel drawing to Bears to him and dishing to to the open wing for a 1 timer that beat Romeo.

Don't know what many of you expect? Yeah it is no fun losing, and we have a habit of losing on the road and blowing leads. ALL BAD! But this is the first year that Red has even started to bring some of his own guys in. And to be fair some of the frosh who was Tim's recruits were pretty good in Pecararo and Romeo.

Any of you who are as old as me will remember that Shawn's second year in many respects was worse than his first. Takes time for new coaches to implement their system with their recruits.

Finally on Eichel. This kid is the best freshmen in Hockey East since Paul Kariya and he will be the 1st or 2nd pick in this years NHL draft. He will not be at BU next year and he will not play in the AHL. He is 18 and he is a man among boys! No he won't get 100 points, but the game is so much different than it was when Paul played and Paul quite frankly had a better supporting cast in Montgomery and Ingraham. Also Paul was a winger and Eichel a Center, thus he has more defensive responsibility. Watched he and Shore face off all night and Devin was 2nd only to Gaudreau last year in Hockey East IMHO. This kid is DOMINANT and head and shoulders better than Devin and Johnny Hockey, and I loved watching Johnny even if he played for BC.

Patience folks! Red made the correct comments after the game, he was satisfied with the effort (why kill them after that game) but not the result. Think we all expected a better start, but it is a process. Maine will be better as the season progresses, but we're a long way from some of the prognostications of being a "tourney" team.

Here's hoping they can take care of business tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

I think some people are being a bit too hard on this team, I mean, they played the what, #9 team in the country in their own barn, right with them, heck, even beating them for much of the game, only to lose in OT. But I think this post pretty much sums it up. Right now, it's pretty much all mental, and this team just doesn't have it in that department at this point.

These third period collapses just have to stop. I only heard the game on the 'net, didn't see it, so hard to tell if the collapse last night is simply because these guys are out of shape, played tentatively, or just fell apart completely. Whatever it is, Red needs to get a handle on it, and quickly. I think these last two games show that this team, no matter how it may be lacking in talent compared to some of the big guys out there, can play with them. But the whole mental aspect thing is a puzzle. It's like UHN in a tournament game, clutch the sticks too tight, and basically forget how to do everything that's got them to where they are at the moment.

90% of this game is mental, and the other half is physical.(Apologies to Yogi Berra) These guys either really have to harden up their mental approach to the game, or Red needs to recruit a few hard-nosed farmboys from Alberta who just refuse to lose.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              FWIW and to add some sanity thought Maine played a good hockey game last night. BU was dominant in spurts, but Maine played a good team game and were good in the offensive zone cycling and controlling. Folks Maine simply is not deep enough. I don't know how many minutes Shore played last night but he was out there a lot and the way he is committing himself defensively is likely impacting his offense. Romeo was solid all night long. Maine was susceptible to back door plays and BU finally converted on the 2nd goal. 1st goal was all Eichel drawing to Bears to him and dishing to to the open wing for a 1 timer that beat Romeo.

Don't know what many of you expect? Yeah it is no fun losing, and we have a habit of losing on the road and blowing leads. ALL BAD! But this is the first year that Red has even started to bring some of his own guys in. And to be fair some of the frosh who was Tim's recruits were pretty good in Pecararo and Romeo.

Any of you who are as old as me will remember that Shawn's second year in many respects was worse than his first. Takes time for new coaches to implement their system with their recruits.

Finally on Eichel. This kid is the best freshmen in Hockey East since Paul Kariya and he will be the 1st or 2nd pick in this years NHL draft. He will not be at BU next year and he will not play in the AHL. He is 18 and he is a man among boys! No he won't get 100 points, but the game is so much different than it was when Paul played and Paul quite frankly had a better supporting cast in Montgomery and Ingraham. Also Paul was a winger and Eichel a Center, thus he has more defensive responsibility. Watched he and Shore face off all night and Devin was 2nd only to Gaudreau last year in Hockey East IMHO. This kid is DOMINANT and head and shoulders better than Devin and Johnny Hockey, and I loved watching Johnny even if he played for BC.

Patience folks! Red made the correct comments after the game, he was satisfied with the effort (why kill them after that game) but not the result. Think we all expected a better start, but it is a process. Maine will be better as the season progresses, but we're a long way from some of the prognostications of being a "tourney" team.

Here's hoping they can take care of business tonight?
                              Great post Bob..right on the money as far as I am concerned.
                              sure why not

Comment

Maybe they should ask UConn how to hold on to leads and win games......they've been pretty good at doing that.

Comment

Working...
                                X