This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

People just don't want to spend more money for a lesser product compared to a decade ago.......it's pretty simple really.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I can't post the link from my phone, but story in BDN where Vitorino hits out at Whitehead and says in no uncertain terms that Grant was axed. I don't think anything has publicly been said that candid before regarding Tim.
      “The program went in shambles. We didn’t want to be part of it. To let Grant go was ludicrous,” said Vitorino, adding that he feels second-year head coach Red Gendron and assistant coach Ben Guite, a member of the title team, have installed the same culture of late head coach Shawn Walsh.

It's gonna take some patience to get back to that consistent machine we were all accustomed to seeing.
      Last edited by BlackBear8; 11-20-2014, 06:50 PM.
      Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        Bingo. Been kinda saying the same thing for a couple years now. The BC's and Minnys of the world will always compete. But the rest of the landscape will be fluid. Just look who's #1 in the polls this week. Look who's been in the frz 4's the last few years. The times have changed. Jr's and early signings have depleted the talent pool greatly. recruiting is more competitive than ever esp when a kid knows he can go to a Prov, UML. Union, Qpac etc etc and compete for a title. 10 years ago a kid had to go to a BC, Michigan, No Dak,.....Maine, to have a shot at a nat champ. It's not like that anymore. Nor will it ever be again. Being relevant as a program is going to more on the league level than the national level. Trips to the Frz 4 are going to be a one or twice a decade thing, not an annual thing. Just the way it is. IMO.
        Had to bump this quote up a bit; it's that good.

Recruiting at the college level is a real challenge now, with the NHL CBA completely subverting any bolstering of the NCAA game. Bettman and his crew of morons don't even seem to realize that they are consuming interest in the game at the grass-roots level here in the States, which is where the sport will be grown, if anywhere.

I haven't looked for the birthday info lately (it's not readily available even here) but seems to me that recruiting 22 YO "freshmen" has benefited a lot of programs that were looking for a quick-fix. BC and MN can still attract a bevy of stellar 18 YO's, but I'm not seeing that in too many other places. Maine and others might take a harder look at signing grown men who desire one more look from the pro-ranks after washing-out of the OJHL, eg.

(Yes, I know that Shawn did this years ago, but history might well repeat itself. A decent 18 YO recruit is gonna be WAY better at 22, as a general rule, and I don't care how Maine does it.

Comment

• Traffic is down on here because of other options on the web. It's down across the board
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Traffic is down on here because of other options on the web. It's down across the board
            Bingo......Twitter is the new source for timely information......and there are many sites out there that cover college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Traffic is down on here because of other options on the web. It's down across the board
              Someone mentioned the Maine Hockey Facebook page has more traffic than this thread. True?

Comment

Affirmitive.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6235...=group_comment

Comment

The seasons pass to watch Maine streamed online includes only home games, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
                    The seasons pass to watch Maine streamed online includes only home games, correct?
                    You really are a faker aren't ya? Just go to the sux to bu website Nancy Whitehead and get on there
                    Last edited by all bear; 11-21-2014, 06:07 PM.
                    sure why not

Comment

Leen scores a shorty to make it 2-0 56 seconds into the second period.....

Comment

They better not sit back in the third.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          They better not sit back in the third.
                          They will. They'll lose 4-2. Put the mortgage on it.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                            Leen scores a shorty to make it 2-0 56 seconds into the second period.....
                            Great game so far. I have been waiting for that guy to emerge... Leen. He has all the tools to be a great one. Nice to see.

Also, good to see Romeo doing well. If he can challenge and play out of his net and challenge with angles I think he will be outstanding. He seems to have some of that cat quick reflex. Be nice if he can keep it all under control and get out on the rushes and challenge.

Now... we are up 2 right. I say put in the defense and sit the skill guys. Trap and run that **** team off the ice with defense positioning, clean play and back checks, and cleaner open ice hits.

Get a win on the road boys!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                              They will. They'll lose 4-2. Put the mortgage on it.
                              Yeah, no they won't. Not tonight. Everything seems a little off for BU tonight.

Comment

2-1 Maine. 15 minutes or so left...

BU dictating the play and now going to the PP... where have we seen this story before???

Comment

Working...
                                X