X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA
    umm except for whatever reason Shore performed better under whitehead than is is currently performing this season... perhaps it is chemistry with linemates, and parhaps it is because is off ice conditioning has bulked him up way too big (guessing) but the fact remains that he is slow and he ain't performing as well as cam brown shift in and shift out. and cam brown is NO GERBE
    a wise man once said... (when he called me a minute ago and asked), whether there were a chance that Shore's performance is related to the cheap shot he took in the UNB game... (when the penalty box door Michael Shutted his knee in a horrid leg check fashion)

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Ahhh, I see... bring back TIMMAY!

Excuse me while I go get some popcorn.
      you missed what he said... if Timmy had had Jerry's record in the NCAA's, then Timmy woudl still be here... so, no... he never said bring him back.

where is Pro1Disp-downByTheRiver-93Champs-Priceless-diehard in all of this?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
        you missed what he said... if Timmy had had Jerry's record in the NCAA's, then Timmy woudl still be here... so, no... he never said bring him back.

where is Pro1Disp-downByTheRiver-93Champs-Priceless-diehard in all of this?
        Thanks. I don't even bother trying to correct 5-Hole, lol.

Comment

1984-85 12-29-1
          1985-86 11-28-1

Head coach: Shawn Walsh
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
            When evaluating the first 1/3 of the season and wondering what the difference is between this year and last year
            ummm, the schedule's a lot tougher?

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
              Sorry, I've had this same discussion countless times with many. We were outplayed, except in the most important department of goaltending. UNH had a more talented team with Hobey winner Krog, and they won Hoc East that year.
              Watch the third period again. UHN players wanted nothing to do with that puck, they got it on their stick, and just dumped it into the Maine zone. Where Metcalf went., picked it up, and started the Maine attack back into the UHN zone. Over and over again. I saw that happening, and said to myself, "no way Maine loses this game".

More talent, Jason Krog, yada yada. No way they outplayed that Maine team.

A few years later, it happened again, only this time it was Maine constantly dumping the puck into the other team's end. Playing not to lose. TIMMAY hockey. We all know what happened then, don't we?
              Last edited by rufus; 11-16-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                watch the third period again. Uhn players wanted nothing to do with that puck, they got it on their stick, and just dumped it into the maine zone. Where metcalf went., picked it up, and started the maine attack back into the uhn zone. Over and over again. I saw that happening, and said to myself, "no way maine loses this game".

More talent, jason krog, yada yada. No way they outplayed that maine team.

A few years later, it happened again, only this time it was maine constantly dumping the puck into the other team's end. Playing not to lose. Timmay hockey. We all know what happened then, don't we?
                7-2? :d
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

No. Next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Tim was villified by posters on this forum when he honestly made comments about players leaving early and how it affected the team's on ice production. Your comment by the way is credible. I do think this team will improve and get some wins down the stretch (unlike last year's team which "tanked"). Gendron's recruits are no better than Tim's, but I am a patient person. I am even willing to give him two more years on his 4 year contract. I recognize the many obstacles involved with college coaching. Having said that, it only took Norm Bazin and Nate Leaman one year to turn their programs around.
                    No, Tim was vilified for saying its hard to recruit to Orono. No one said a word about Gus leaving early, Purcell leaving early, Sweetland leaving Early, we all know thats part of the business
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

To be fair, he did get a bit of crap for that, but that was because he kept bringing it up repeatedly, to the point where it felt like he was just making excuses. He kept talking about Purcell leaving early like four years after he'd gone.

Lomberg gone may or may not be having an impact on this team, but you'll never hear Red bringing the subject up.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        To be fair, he did get a bit of crap for that, but that was because he kept bringing it up repeatedly, to the point where it felt like he was just making excuses. He kept talking about Purcell leaving early like four years after he'd gone.

Lomberg gone may or may not be having an impact on this team, but you'll never hear Red bringing the subject up.
                        Here's the question - If Red had been coaching either of the two Timmay nat. title game teams, or any of the other NCAA teams, espec. the 2012 team, would he have won any of those games that Whitehead lost?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          To be fair, he did get a bit of crap for that,.........
                          Thanks for confirming my memory.

Comment

Here's the question - If Red had been coaching either of the two Timmay nat. title game teams, or any of the other NCAA teams, espec. the 2012 team, would he have won any of those games that Whitehead lost?
                            We will know the answer to that question if Gendron ever gets the team to a HE title game or NCAA play.

Comment

The game in St Louis for the Frozen Four was one where tragedy struck before the game, and not many people know about that. Whitehead found out just before the game that his mother-in-law died in a car accident on the way to the game, and he didn't let any of the players know until after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                                The game in St Louis for the Frozen Four was one where tragedy struck before the game, and not many people know about that. Whitehead found out just before the game that his mother-in-law died in a car accident on the way to the game, and he didn't let any of the players know until after the game.
                                Maine certainly wasn't a favorite to win that year.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X