X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Another thing to watch will be how Red matches up against the 2nd coming, what D pair is he going to put out?
    According to all the hype it won't matter. He'll score at will.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      According to all the hype it won't matter. He'll score at will.
      Red will probably have Shore, who may be our best defensive forward, on the ice every time Eichel is out there. Win or lose it should be a great night with the 99'ers back.

Comment

If we don't win the first period we won't have a chance. These kids ought to be flying after the pregame celebration. This could be a memorable nite at the old barn, nice article in the BDN on the 99 NC team. Should we have waited and done this when UNH came to Orono

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/11/1...-friday-night/
        Last edited by CenMEBlackBearFan; 11-14-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Another thing to watch will be how Red matches up against the 2nd coming, what D pair is he going to put out?
          No matter what, it has to be a D pairing with speed. If not, they're toast.

I've seen them (BU) three times at Agannis this fall. The kid is almost as good as all the hype. And there's a ton or two of hype.

Ma#1ne Hky is absolutely right. This is a much improved BU team over last year's sheet show. 50% of it is Eichel, 50% everything else. O'Connor has been very good in goal. Not a fluke where they are ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            So, getting back to Maine hockey, does anyone give them a chance tomorrow?

It'll be the first time I've seen them this year, but going on the numbers alone, looks like BU has about an 80% likelihood of winning.

I will watch until things get ugly, but I'll absolutely have a Plan B in place.

(And I hope I'm wrong about that.)
            Does Plan B include lots of alcohol?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
              Time Warner channel 17 in Portland at 7:30
              Thanks Scottie.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Does Plan B include lots of alcohol?
                Yes. (And Plan A does, too.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  Yes. (And Plan A does, too.)
                  Mine too Fish. And after that shorty X2

Comment

Fire RED. We are 3-7. Nothing has changed. We are not headed in any Right Direction. IT's M.O.T.S.
                    Last edited by hobeyfaker; 11-14-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but other than that horrible turnover by Swavely, and then his equally horrible play at the blue line to try to stop him, I thought this was probably the most solid effort Maine has put in all season. They continue to play like this, and they should win more than they lose.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Sorry, but other than that horrible turnover by Swavely, and then his equally horrible play at the blue line to try to stop him, I thought this was probably the most solid effort Maine has put in all season. They continue to play like this, and they should win more than they lose.
                        That's fine, ..... and about the same thing I've been hearing on and off for 5-10 years now. BU is a very good team. I get that. The difference between winning and losing in this league is marginal. I get that. We played pretty good. Ive heard that. Bad teams lose close games all the time in Div 1 coll hockey. You are what your record sais you are, 3-7. I could replay many of these comments I ve been hearing and they are the same things I heard under the Timmay era. How long do you want to keep saying the same things? Explain to me whats different with this current team?

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
                          That's fine, ..... and about the same thing I've been hearing on and off for 5-10 years now. BU is a very good team. I get that. The difference between winning and losing in this league is marginal. I get that. We played pretty good. Ive heard that. Bad teams lose close games all the time in Div 1 coll hockey. You are what your record sais you are, 3-7. I could replay many of these comments I ve been hearing and they are the same things I heard under the Timmay era. How long do you want to keep saying the same things? Explain to me whats different with this current team?
                          Nothing is different, the talent still isn't there, Did you expect Red to **** out recruits?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Nothing is different, the talent still isn't there, Did you expect Red to **** out recruits?
                            One guy who could be on the team has nine points in his last four games in the most competitive jr league in the country. Administration has really helped the cause a lot It's hard for me to take a loss like this, the guys in '99 were absolute heroes and for them to have to watch that rubbish has got to be tough to take. Red needs to get a couple guys in next year who absolutely hate to lose.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Fire RED. We are 3-7. Nothing has changed. We are not headed in any Right Direction. IT's M.O.T.S.
                              M.O.T.S.O.S. Don't think Red has a handle on his
                              players. Cast of characters not jelling. Why isn't Leen on the first PP with Shore, with Hutton on point? They put up points last year when playing together. Hutton and Reilly cant play together. This matchup holds back on Huttons offense. Hayes has taken too many very costly, game changing penalties. Its Reds job to right the wrongs. That's what hes being paid to do. Correct the problems, and lets start winning these close games. Pecarraro has to use his teammates more and play with his head up, making passes to open man going to net. It'll make him an even better player.

Comment

Many posters on this forum ridiculed and insulted Tim. Many of them maintained it was all about on ice coaching. The talent was there, but was being mismanaged. Now the team has some of the old players and a few of Gendron's. It appears at this point it might be more than just on ice coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X