PDA

View Full Version : UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Runsub5
11-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Watching Brian Flynn right now. He's on the 4th line of a very young Buffalo team but absolutely looks like he belongs on the ice. He's improved his speed and is making things happen, and playing very well in his own end. Has logged some PK minutes vs. a very good Blues team.

I think he'll be around for a while... (And I wonder why Abbott hasn't been called up, the way he's been lighting the lamps in the AHL.)

Those two guys could score while at Maine. Spencer Abbott was fun to watch when he toe dragged the puck going to the net. If only that team had a goal tender.

walrus
11-12-2014, 05:50 AM
Those two guys could score while at Maine. Spencer Abbott was fun to watch when he toe dragged the puck going to the net. If only that team had a goal tender.
If it had the Scott Darling of now, that would have been quite a team

Erix_The_Red
11-12-2014, 07:46 AM
Watching Brian Flynn right now. He's on the 4th line of a very young Buffalo team but absolutely looks like he belongs on the ice. He's improved his speed and is making things happen, and playing very well in his own end. Has logged some PK minutes vs. a very good Blues team.

I think he'll be around for a while... (And I wonder why Abbott hasn't been called up, the way he's been lighting the lamps in the AHL.)

I'm going up that way Dec 13-14 for the Packers game. Trying to decide between seeing him play against the Panthers for $20 or seeing Jimmy and Gustav play @ Toronto in my first ever Canadian NHL game for $150.

Drew S.
11-12-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm going up that way Dec 13-14 for the Packers game. Trying to decide between seeing him play against the Panthers for $20 or seeing Jimmy and Gustav play @ Toronto in my first ever Canadian NHL game for $150.

If this was between 10 and 20 years ago I'd say go see the Wings, but honestly I don't think they are worth that kind of money anymore. Save some money and see the Panthers.

DoubleA
11-12-2014, 03:18 PM
If you can get into a Leafs game at AirCanada Center for $150, go. Just go.

rufus
11-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Bishop protects his crease.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/11/11/7200687/ben-bishop-throws-ben-smith-to-the-ice

blackbearbandie
11-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Bishop protects his crease.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/11/11/7200687/ben-bishop-throws-ben-smith-to-the-ice

Nice.

Steve Kariya is going to be on the Coach's Show tonight from Season's. Ben Guite will be on too.

Fishman'81
11-12-2014, 08:23 PM

I first really noticed Spence during a very dismal weekend at UMA when Wilson couldn't have stopped a medicine ball. Abbott was a relatively unheralded freshman then, but I thought to myself that he was the best Bear on the ice. And he developed into a guy who would have fit in very well on one of Shawn's better teams.

He definitely has earned a call-up, but is there any entity more stupid and short-sighted as a whole than the NHL brass? (OK, maybe our Congress...)

Fishman'81
11-12-2014, 08:47 PM

I'm assuming that you've been to Lambeau before, but if you haven't, get there early enough to see the Packers' HOF and to witness the forest fire that is the brats sizzling on the tailgates.

Such a great place to see a game. The fans aren't aren't nearly as obnoxious as in a typical NFL venue-though maybe even more drunk- and everyone in town will be at the game. Green Bay lives and breathes The Pack. Best fan-base in the entire league.

Ma#1ne Hky
11-13-2014, 03:04 AM
With BU coming in and the '99 Team being Honored on Friday,hopefully the Attendence will be a full rink or close to it.

BBDiehard14
11-13-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm assuming that you've been to Lambeau before, but if you haven't, get there early enough to see the Packers' HOF and to witness the forest fire that is the brats sizzling on the tailgates.

Such a great place to see a game. The fans aren't aren't nearly as obnoxious as in a typical NFL venue-though maybe even more drunk- and everyone in town will be at the game. Green Bay lives and breathes The Pack. Best fan-base in the entire league.

Those of us in Patriot Nation beg to differ

Erix_The_Red
11-13-2014, 07:45 AM

I've been. But this is actually a game in Buffalo.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-13-2014, 08:59 AM
http://sbnation.com/e/6977850

Game Preview: BU at Maine

TERRIERFANinLA
11-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Those of us in Patriot Nation beg to differ

tell us about your trip to Lambeau and why the trip to Gillette/Sullivan was better?

and why the name change??? no longer living in a van down by the river?

BBDiehard14
11-13-2014, 12:30 PM
tell us about your trip to Lambeau and why the trip to Gillette/Sullivan was better?

and why the name change??? no longer living in a van down by the river?

I've been to tons of Pats games. Best fans in the NFL bar none, NTM the best ownership group. Plus 85 percent of Lambeau's seats are aluminum benches which is obtrusive for a 2014 pro sports stadium

TERRIERFANinLA
11-13-2014, 01:22 PM
I've been to tons of Pats games. Best fans in the NFL bar none, NTM the best ownership group. Plus 85 percent of Lambeau's seats are aluminum benches which is obtrusive for a 2014 pro sports stadium

so only true fans would put up with those horrid aluminum seats... sounds like a point in favor of the cheeseheads.

but you didn't compare your experience THERE with your experiences at Sullivan/Gillette.

"best ownership" maybe, but isn't the ownership of the Pack still the fans?

I would have thought that the best college hockey fans were Maine fans 10 years ago... till I witnessed those same cheeseheads... Wisconsin fans are amazing and infinitely more fun than Maine fans, or ANY fans in hockey east or the ECAC. (I would also put them above DU, CC, Minny ND and UND fans as well.. I can only compare with what I have personally witnessed.

and if Pats fans are anything like Sox fans... roll eyes. (and I am not saying they are, but I am assuming...)

Drew S.
11-13-2014, 03:29 PM
so only true fans would put up with those horrid aluminum seats... sounds like a point in favor of the cheeseheads.

but you didn't compare your experience THERE with your experiences at Sullivan/Gillette.

"best ownership" maybe, but isn't the ownership of the Pack still the fans?

I would have thought that the best college hockey fans were Maine fans 10 years ago... till I witnessed those same cheeseheads... Wisconsin fans are amazing and infinitely more fun than Maine fans, or ANY fans in hockey east or the ECAC. (I would also put them above DU, CC, Minny ND and UND fans as well.. I can only compare with what I have personally witnessed.

and if Pats fans are anything like Sox fans... roll eyes. (and I am not saying they are, but I am assuming...)

Sox fans now are much different than sox fans 15 years ago. I'd be surprised if Pats fans were even in the top 10 as far as best fans in the NFL go.

Fishman'81
11-13-2014, 07:39 PM
I've been. But this is actually a game in Buffalo.

LOL my bad, and I should have known since those are my AFC/NFC teams.

The fans at Rich are considerably more offensive than the GB crowd. Expect a plethora of profanity and a beer-shower sometime near the 9 minute mark of the 3rd if you're gonna wear Packers garb. (That's when I predict the game will be out of hand for my poor, hapless Bills.)

Runsub5
11-13-2014, 07:49 PM
http://sbnation.com/e/6977850

Game Preview: BU at Maine

Thanks for the info.

Fishman'81
11-13-2014, 10:20 PM
So, getting back to Maine hockey, does anyone give them a chance tomorrow?

It'll be the first time I've seen them this year, but going on the numbers alone, looks like BU has about an 80% likelihood of winning.

I will watch until things get ugly, but I'll absolutely have a Plan B in place.

(And I hope I'm wrong about that.)