This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Don't see Shore leaving during the season,but would almost bet he does not return for his Senior season next fall.
    Why not?
    Dallas might want him to improve and not lose ground. I saw many more brilliant sparks last season than this.

As fir the second coming, walrus, he is a treat to see. He cannot shoot like neeley or pass like leveille, but he is alwats in the right place, going the right direction, and more than a few pucks have found their ways into nets off his skates this season. He has boyle's reach at 6'2. No sophomore season for him!

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
      Why not?
      Dallas might want him to improve and not lose ground. I saw many more brilliant sparks last season than this.

As fir the second coming, walrus, he is a treat to see. He cannot shoot like neeley or pass like leveille, but he is alwats in the right place, going the right direction, and more than a few pucks have found their ways into nets off his skates this season. He has boyle's reach at 6'2. No sophomore season for him!
      Just don't see Dallas pulling that off...he'll be gone after this season...that's when Dallas will have him lined up to go there AHL Club in Texas to make the next step in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
        Why not?

Does Devin want to play for the Dallas Stars? I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed an extra year so he could become a free agent and sign with whoever he wants to. I think if he signed he would spend a couple years slogging around the AHL which might not be what he wants to do.

I think Maine's biggest problem this weekend was not doing the simple things well enough. I've never seen a team have more trouble clearing the puck out of the zone than this year's team. I'd much rather see them smash and it down the ice and take an icing call than concede a goal. Another problem is not getting the puck out when it is just inside Maine's zone. This is what setup UVM's third goal last night. Also, someone already made this point but they need to shoot the puck on the power play. There were a couple times in the first period last night when Maine had lovely movement on the power play but no one ever got a shot away. Some of the guys like Brown and Pecararo need to be a lot more confident with their shot.

I'm not sure how much winning Friday would tell us about this team(losing is a different story) but the weekend after I think we find out if there is any potential or not. Both BU and BC have their issues and Maine should pick up at least one win that weekend.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          At least when they play BU I get to see the next coming.
          In the O zone, plays a different style game than everyone else. No grinding along the boards. Floats around looking for open ice and clear passing lanes. You will see him around the blue line a lot.
          On a break out from the D zone, you're in trouble if he's carrying the puck leading the way. Great skater, great passer and has a very quick wrist shot that comes off his stick like a bullet.
          The fan boys have bestowed him with his own chant... Jaa- aack Eichel, clap clap... clap clap clap. Not kidding.
          Fun to watch.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Does Devin want to play for the Dallas Stars? I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed an extra year so he could become a free agent and sign with whoever he wants to. I think if he signed he would spend a couple years slogging around the AHL which might not be what he wants to do.

I think Maine's biggest problem this weekend was not doing the simple things well enough. I've never seen a team have more trouble clearing the puck out of the zone than this year's team. I'd much rather see them smash and it down the ice and take an icing call than concede a goal. Another problem is not getting the puck out when it is just inside Maine's zone. This is what setup UVM's third goal last night. Also, someone already made this point but they need to shoot the puck on the power play. There were a couple times in the first period last night when Maine had lovely movement on the power play but no one ever got a shot away. Some of the guys like Brown and Pecararo need to be a lot more confident with their shot.

I'm not sure how much winning Friday would tell us about this team(losing is a different story) but the weekend after I think we find out if there is any potential or not. Both BU and BC have their issues and Maine should pick up at least one win that weekend.
            BU/BC have issues..? They are in better shape then Maine and plus being on the road...well of late and that's last year and this year Maine is road kill/plain and simple...plus Shore not wanting to go to Dallas,don't know about that...but think,Dallas is being rebuilt by Jim Nill formerly of Detroit and they(DET.)put a lot of stock in making sure players are ready for the big show(NHL)...so I would figure in the best interest for Shore,the AHL is the best route in the long run for his career. Lets face it Maine is thin in talent and any and every mistake cost them each and every time.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
              Yeah, frustrating weekend. UVM has a good team... probably in Boston for the HE playoffs but not for the big show is my guess. Maine on the other hand has lots of work yet to do. After squandering Fridays fiasco thought they would show us more last night. More talent and heart needed and quick... sigh.
              At this point......Vermont looks to be in (the NCAAs).......along with BU, BC and Lowell. Pre-season favorite Providence is on the outs.....they are struggling to get wins (lost to Merrimack 1-0 last night). Maine, Northeastern and UMass look to be the bottom-of-the-barrel right now.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                Shore was a threat friday night but did not notice him saturday night. Yes maine was much much slower than uvm. Dramatic difference in team speed. Uvm is probably better than given credit for though. See you in three weeks. Win some games. We want the pwr help
                Speaking just for myself, I give UVM plenty of credit. They're good. And they were home.

No shame in losing a road game in conference, esp to a strong opponent. Not down because of the losses. Down because Maine just didn't look very good. Any rationalizations about long bus rides and running out of legs on Friday...then yesterday's game happened.

It doesn't need to be said, what this thread would look like if it were Nov 2012.
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                  Speaking just for myself, I give UVM plenty of credit. They're good. And they were home.

No shame in losing a road game in conference, esp to a strong opponent. Not down because of the losses. Down because Maine just didn't look very good. Any rationalizations about long bus rides and running out of legs on Friday...then yesterday's game happened.

It doesn't need to be said, what this thread would look like if it were Nov 2012.
                  This is a rebuilding process that will take years. Until I see a top level goaltending prospect listed under Maine's column on Heisenberg's list.....I'm not getting too excited. Maine fans need to lower their expectations.....sad but true. Maine is now squarely on the next level down from "elite" programs........but programs like Union, Lowell, Quinnipiac, etc have proven that it can be done. Hopefully, Red & Co. get this thing turned around.......Maine just isn't very fun to watch right now......their lack of speed, strength and puck skills sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    This is a rebuilding process that will take years. Until I see a top level goaltending prospect listed under Maine's column on Heisenberg's list.....I'm not getting too excited. Maine fans need to lower their expectations.....sad but true. Maine is now squarely on the next level down from "elite" programs........but programs like Union, Lowell, Quinnipiac, etc have proven that it can be done. Hopefully, Red & Co. get this thing turned around.......Maine just isn't very fun to watch right now......their lack of speed, strength and puck skills sucks.
                    Your right on with the Goaltending...they need a TOP of the line netminder to begin with...and oh are you right in it will take a few years of rebuilding...we all were too spoiled in Maine's winning ways(Walsh Era and to some point the Whitehead start)that going through this process,beginning with the total train wreck that TW brought on to now where even the foundation is gone and the rebuild is from a new LOW start point.

Comment

How many "years" did Vermont's rebuilding process take? PCs? Lowells? This have patience because its not Whitehead theory drives me bonkers. I couldn't disagree with it more.

Wasn't Morris considered an 'elite' or at least 'high' goalie prospect? Marty certainly was.

I'm sorely disappointed in what this team's shown so far. I don't see 'Year 2' as any kind of excuse and anybody who doesn't put these guys and these coaches to the same level of scrutiny and criticism as the previous guys and coaches I just don't understand.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        How many "years" did Vermont's rebuilding process take? PCs? Lowells? This have patience because its not Whitehead theory drives me bonkers. I couldn't disagree with it more.

Wasn't Morris considered an 'elite' or at least 'high' goalie prospect? Marty certainly was.

I'm sorely disappointed in what this team's shown so far. I don't see 'Year 2' as any kind of excuse and anybody who doesn't put these guys and these coaches to the same level of scrutiny and criticism as the previous guys and coaches I just don't understand.
                        I think you see that PC/UML are back in the picture because of Leaman/Bazin and there Programs putting there energy's back into hockey...two Coaches driven and winning now which increases there recruiting top of the line prospects...Vermont will always be Vermont in that,not many and this is no slight towards UVM expects them to win the Frozen 4 and make a annual trip to the NCAA's...while Maine built itself up through hard/dedicated work,winning year after year brought on a tradition of being in the big picture almost every year...but now that is gone...and who ever is the Coach,they have a REAL challenge in store.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          ...the rebuild is from a new LOW start point.
                          True words right there.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Sorry.....I'm not equating 1+ years of Gendron to a decade + of Whitehead. So what is your point about Morris??? He was recruited by Whitehead and has been oft injured before and after he got to Orono. He's not the answer in goal! Maybe Romeo will develop but I think that Maine needs to be recruiting someone else or it won't matter how good the rest of the team is!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              I think you see that PC/UML are back in the picture because of Leaman/Bazin and there Programs putting there energy's back into hockey...two Coaches driven and winning now which increases there recruiting top of the line prospects...Vermont will always be Vermont in that,not many and this is no slight towards UVM expects them to win the Frozen 4 and make a annual trip to the NCAA's...while Maine built itself up through hard/dedicated work,winning year after year brought on a tradition of being in the big picture almost every year...but now that is gone...and who ever is the Coach,they have a REAL challenge in store.
                              Yup......Gendron has the experience, connections and personality....we just have to trust that he can get the job done for now.

Gendron deserves at least 1/3 of the chance that Whitehead got which means 4 full seasons to show progress.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                                Sorry.....I'm not equating 1+ years of Gendron to a decade + of Whitehead. So what is your point about Morris??? He was recruited by Whitehead and has been oft injured before and after he got to Orono. He's not the answer in goal! Maybe Romeo will develop but I think that Maine needs to be recruiting someone else or it won't matter how good the rest of the team is!
                                Does anyone know the UPDATED status of Goaltender Nik Nugnes,hurt before the season started(knee)...heard he had started skating a few weeks back,but from there no word. Is he's progressing to a chance of even getting a Start when able to?

Comment

Working...
                                X