This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    I was impressed with Leen and Pecarraro. Not sure what is up with Shore, Hutton and a couple of other veterans...........
    Add Brown to that as well, and Morgan to a lesser degree. I think the turning point was Renouf's shot that smashed against the cross bar. If that goes in Maine def wins. Very frustrating night, especially after driving three and a half hours to get up here.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine continues to look like a bunch of figure skaters out there.....can't wait to get some new players with size, strength and grit (hopefully!). This was last season at Notre Dame all over again.

Timmay hockey. Beyond pathetic

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Timmay ain't coach no more, this is on Red and the players.
        Yup. All you "Timmy time" people have lost your minds. Is it not possible that Gendron is not all you hyped him up to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
          Yup. All you "Timmy time" people have lost your minds. Is it not possible that Gendron is not all you hyped him up to be?

Mirrors the ND loss last year. Just pathetic. Gendron needs to light a fire under their asses

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
            This is the 2nd season of frustration on the road. Grant used to say the most important thing to look for in a recruit was mental, the rest could be taught. Red says they aren't mentally tough. My guess is all the screaming in the world isn't going to help this situation. I sense frustration from the staff, that ain't good.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/11/0...s-in-overtime/
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

hard to tell from my internet connection but did anyone notice if Red shortened the bench in the 3rd last night. I was wondering if 4th line was getting a regular shift or he sat them.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                This is the 2nd season of frustration on the road. Grant used to say the most important thing to look for in a recruit was mental, the rest could be taught. Red says they aren't mentally tough. My guess is all the screaming in the world isn't going to help this situation. I sense frustration from the staff, that ain't good.

The staff should be frustrated. Esp at themselves. If they don't have any means to motivate or get the kids to adjust during the game then this is going to be a very looonnngg season for everyone. BTW the Vermont feed of the game was excellent....and free.

Comment

hard to tell from my internet connection but did anyone notice if Red shortened the bench in the 3rd last night. I was wondering if 4th line was getting a regular shift or he sat them.
                  He did. Higgins, Hayes, and one other guy didn't play much in the third. The lines were all mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

FYI, here's our write-up from the Burlington Free Press, which includes some highlights.
                    http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...-win/18685125/

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      He did. Higgins, Hayes, and one other guy didn't play much in the third. The lines were all mixed up.
                      To me that it part of the problem. Hayes should have been out there in the 3rd.....no wonder they seemed like a bunch of skating princesses!

Comment

To me that it part of the problem. Hayes should have been out there in the 3rd.....no wonder they seemed like a bunch of skating princesses!

Was wondering why he wasn't out there....

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                          Salvaged defeat from the jaws of victory!
                          With such a fairly consistent road record of tragic loses with this new regime between last season and so far this season, you have to find the humor in it, because it's dumbfounding how awful they've been when they've had a chance to grab some points on the road. I think it really does come down to mental toughness, but they've been stuck in the wrong mindset on the road for so long that it's become habitual. The second period even at home always seems to be their off period, and on the road the second period slump carries over to the third period and it all falls apart just when you think they're still in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                            With such a fairly consistent road record of tragic loses with this new regime between last season and so far this season, you have to find the humor in it, because it's dumbfounding how awful they've been when they've had a chance to grab some points on the road. I think it really does come down to mental toughness, but they've been stuck in the wrong mindset on the road for so long that it's become habitual. The second period even at home always seems to be their off period, and on the road the second period slump carries over to the third period and it all falls apart just when you think they're still in the game.
                            They're still playing not to lose instead of keeping the pressure on and being aggressive.......TOTALLY TIMMAY HOCKEY (TTH).

Comment

Apparently he is seen as a defensive liability. Not sure why

Comment

Apparently he is seen as a defensive liability. Not sure why
                                I would guess it's more of a fear he'll take a penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X