Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ MTU 10/31-11/1: Mel, Red & Stanley - A threesome 30+ years in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan @ MTU 10/31-11/1: Mel, Red & Stanley - A threesome 30+ years in the mak

Michigan would charter a flight to Marquette for its last few visits to NMU. Thought they took a bus to the Soo though. I am sure they will fly this weekend.

Comment

Re: Michigan @ MTU 10/31-11/1: Mel, Red & Stanley - A threesome 30+ years in the mak

charter a flight? candy a55es. cant take a little bus time? that's what happens when you dont play in the CCHA anymore.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Michigan State chartered to Houghton last fall. Their usual cutoff was 6 hours so they would fly to Marquette, but bus to Miami Ohio since that only took 5 1/2.

Comment

From my personal archives - here's the program from the last time Michigan played in Houghton. Be sure to look for Mel on the front page (with the headset on) and of course the infamous Cooperalls.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1z...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            From my personal archives - here's the program from the last time Michigan played in Houghton. Be sure to look for Mel on the front page (with the headset on) and of course the infamous Cooperalls.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1z...ew?usp=sharing
            cool. thanks for sharing that!
            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              charter a flight? candy a55es. cant take a little bus time? that's what happens when you dont play in the CCHA anymore.
              Why? The team should be forced to drive 10 hours when they can fly? That just seems silly. The drive to Lake State was short enough to drive, but Northern was long enough to fly.

Tech is farther than that, thus they fly.

You hate the team regardless of how they get up there. I'm sure they don't care at all what you think about flying vs. driving.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Why? The team should be forced to drive 10 hours when they can fly? That just seems silly. The drive to Lake State was short enough to drive, but Northern was long enough to fly.

Tech is farther than that, thus they fly.

You hate the team regardless of how they get up there. I'm sure they don't care at all what you think about flying vs. driving.
                As long as they don't do what the Badgers do. They fly up and have a bus drive up from Madison.
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  As long as they don't do what the Badgers do. They fly up and have a bus drive up from Madison.
                  I'd bet the odds are very high that there's a truck full of stuff if not a bus that will come up from Ann Arbor.

It's one thing to take a day out of the life of a person who is paid to drive vs doing the same thing for students. I'd fully expect your team fo fly the team and truck the stuff, too- it just makes sense. That way you have a small and economical plane to transport the people, and a truck for the equipment.

Comment

Would be great if there was a Halloween blizzard (yes, I know they don't travel on Friday) and their plane got diverted to Minneapolis (after circling CMX for several hours of course). That way they could get 5-6 hours in the plane AND 8 hours on the bus. Best of both worlds and everyone is happy.
                    Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Would be great if there was a Halloween blizzard (yes, I know they don't travel on Friday) and their plane got diverted to Minneapolis (after circling CMX for several hours of course). That way they could get 5-6 hours in the plane AND 8 hours on the bus. Best of both worlds and everyone is happy.
                      Ryan J
                      I landed at CMX in a really bad storm back in 1990. Couldn't drive to my grandma's house in Tapiola even. Still got the plane down.

Still- why do you want to see Michigan struggle to get there? Do you think our team is so good that you need some kind of travel advantage? I was under the impression that you guys were good this year- apparently you don't seem to think so.

Comment

Really! Silly stuff to be arguing about. Who cares how they get here. If their budget allows it...so be it. Let's just play the games.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

we are just pulling their cake eater chain because they have refused to come up here for the last 30+ years. and we have an unofficial policy of not actually talking hockey until Thursday. so we fill the threads with senseless chatter. dont take it personally.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I don't care. Just wondering why you think you need some kind of artificial advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              I don't care. Just wondering why you think you need some kind of artificial advantage.
                              We just want your endowment that's all. It's cash envy. We can't afford those flying tubes for an in state game...
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

they are awfully chippy this week. perhaps we shouldnt go there about the ugly helmets?
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X