UAH at NMU October 31st/November 1st: The Conference Non-Conference Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAH at NMU October 31st/November 1st: The Conference Non-Conference Series

The Chargers make the trek to Marquette this Halloween weekend to face the Wildcats who are off to a quick start at 4-0 in a non-conference set.

Re: UAH at NMU October 31st/November 1st: The Conference Non-Conference Series

And coming back to coach UAH is former Marquette Electrician Mike Corbett.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Cats gotta pay attention... No looking ahead to Ferris.... UAH seems to have two goalies that can steal games...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Is Reed back in for this series? Also I still don't get the whole non-conference thing. Will this in fact count in the conference standings?
        2004 Alumni. Season Ticket holder since 2004. Go Cats!

Comment

No, it doesn't count in the standings.

The scheduled weekend AT UAH later this year IS a conference series and will count in the standings.

NMU had a contract drawn up with UAH to travel to NMU for a weekend in 2012-13. Since UAH was a late addition to the WCHA conference, that caused the league schedule to change and with NMU scheduled to play UAH last season four times, a total of six games and two trips to MQT by UAH was ludacris.

Instead of just tearing up the contract, both clubs are still honoring the terms of the deal and are making good on it this season.

Hockey East teams are notorious for this, where instead of spending money to fly West to play different teams, they'll just schedule Non-Conf games against conference foes.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I too have heard that about their solid goaltending. They've played some close games this year until it fell apart for them in the third period. The boys said after Wisconsin that we can't get big headed. One game at a time.

I'll be interested to see attendance on Saturday night with Marquette football playing at the Dome at the same time.

Comment

Facing anywhere from 40-60 shots a game and only giving up 2-3 goals indicates excellent goaltending. UAH is just struggling to generate offense. If the Cats play solid defensively and stay patient offensively, they should be O.K.

Comment

Originally posted by mattheinzel View Post
                Is Reed back in for this series? Also I still don't get the whole non-conference thing. Will this in fact count in the conference standings?
                I'm expecting Seckel & Eibler to both be available this weekend. Adair missed Saturday's game in the Soo and is questionable.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

If Seckel does play, does he join the Sooth, Shine line? If so, I see Payne possibly moving to the Kesti line. I've liked Robbie's hustle.

Comment

I've got a question for UAH fans. Did the Chargers bus to Mankato last week, bus back, only to bus to Marquette this week? Or was there a flight involved in there?

Comment

Looks like some snow came in time for hockey season. Game day at the Berry. Let's go boys!

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                        I've got a question for UAH fans. Did the Chargers bus to Mankato last week, bus back, only to bus to Marquette this week? Or was there a flight involved in there?
                        They flew last week and bussed this week, 21 hours worth which included a practice stop in Coach Corbett's home town of Green Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          They flew last week and bussed this week, 21 hours worth which included a practice stop in Coach Corbett's home town of Green Bay.
                          Thanks for the info, Dave!

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            Cats gotta pay attention... No looking ahead to Ferris.... UAH seems to have two goalies that can steal games...
                            Sometimes I hate being right

Props to UAH though... They hung around and were able to capitalize on our mistake with their goal... They are a stout team that seems to have improved greatly from last year...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Sometimes I hate being right

Props to UAH though... They hung around and were able to capitalize on our mistake with their goal... They are a stout team that seems to have improved greatly from last year...
                              UAH is improving. They aren't going to go 0-fer like their last few seasons.

I wonder if Walt used this game to experiment with different line combinations and work through the some kinks that he hasn't had a chance to yet this season (aka: his motives during the Under 18 games/Canadian schools).

It was good to see the 'Cats shooting on net. Just need to get someone more often down low to net a dirty rebound.

Biggest issue will be getting the PP rolling. We've fallen to 13th in the nation after last night, and only have 3 PPG on 13 opportunities. PK is still amazing; 6th in the nation at 95.2% PK rate (20 kills of 21 attempted kills)*. Of the WCHA teams, only Michigan Tech is better at 96.4%. Rob Lehtinen really has the PK rolling and I can't wait until this team takes his lessons to heart and start scoring some SHG.

Of all of this, my biggest gripe? We dropped two spots in the PWR with the tie.
                              (Yeah, yeah, the PWR is really inaccurate until January. What's the saying though: "you can't win a championship at the start of the season, but you can lose one.")

*No stats on how many kills were ended by suckering the opposing team into taking a penalty.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                              X