View Full Version : SCSU vs UMN Let the Hate Flow Through

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

captain beefheart
10-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Now this is getting downright cozy.

goldy_331
10-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Now this is getting downright cozy.

Disgusting, ain't it? I feel dirty justt reading this crap. Where is the hate? Get FTLT back in here, that'll get the hate flowing again!

4four4
10-29-2014, 02:03 PM
This thread is starting to show that we are not conference rivals anymore. More importantly some posters need to change their anti-Gopher signatures.

SanTropez
10-29-2014, 02:17 PM
We know JBSU will be playing hard, this is their NC after all, we are the program that the rest of the MN teams (and most of the country) looks up to playing. Jan Brady fans are rather quiet though, must be all the excitement of getting to watch their idols this weekend. It's nice for them in a special needs kind of way.

Lady wore Black
10-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Yawn. Going to be a split this weekend.

Tipsy McStagger
10-29-2014, 03:28 PM
We know JBSU will be playing hard, this is their NC after all, we are the program that the rest of the MN teams (and most of the country) looks up to playing. Jan Brady fans are rather quiet though, must be all the excitement of getting to watch their idols this weekend. It's nice for them in a special needs kind of way.
Watching our idols? Are we playing BC and not the Gophers?

Steve_MN
10-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Hoping for a couple of good games. At least the game Saturday isn't TOO early... can go straight from the game to the bar to enjoy the rest of my evening.

ShotFromThePoint
10-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Huskies really need to come out of the gates on fire Friday night to give Charlie a chance to settle into the game. With only two series in the books we have laid an egg on Friday night and although we played two great teams I think we must get off to a better start and that starts with defense. Having watched the gophs a couple of games on the tube I will say they are impressive and hell who would not be with the talent pool they get to select from but they are surely beatable as well.

Looking forward to this weekend and yes the fans will be ready for the game on Friday night and enough with the SCSU fans as being classless. We are no different than any other fan base out there and yes we do like it when we beat you as you and are not afraid to express it. It is equally annoying to talk with gopher fans that feel they are entitled to everything as you have a great history and a bunch of great pros. (again we get it and good for you with your championships! Job well done! and we are from MN as well and many of us cheer for you when we are not playing against you)

I am going down to Mariucci on Sat as well and look forward to hanging out in dinky town before and after the game. I enjoy the game down there as well and like many people I do wish the atmosphere was more exciting but that will be on the huskies to make it more exciting.

Will be a fun weekend and I am thinking a split is in order.

Most of the SCSU fans I know would rather see the Gophers fail regardless of who they play. There were people cheering for Robert Morris when I was at the tournament last year. I think a lot of SCSU fans are sick of the Gophers' success or just hate them in general. I don't feel that way about SCSU or any other school in Minnesota. I would say that I like to see UND lose, but they also aren't technically in our state.

ShotFromThePoint
10-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Also, can we get some background lore. I'm curious where the Helmet Kids saying comes from?

Lady wore Black
10-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Also, can we get some background lore. I'm curious where the Helmet Kids saying comes from?

The back-back story is I was hanging with some friends who one of them is a special education teacher. I was talking to her about it and her husband walks in and goes "so you are talking about your helmet kids?"

It comes from me. Hoven was giving me grief about SCSU going to the NCHC and how they first asked Norte Dame to join. Hoven said "we asked prom queen and they so no so we turned around and asked the R tard kids."

Me: "It is helmet kids. Get is correct"

Pump It Up
10-29-2014, 05:26 PM
The back-back story is I was hanging with some friends who one of them is a special education teacher. I was talking to her about it and her husband walks in and goes "so you are talking about your helmet kids?"

It comes from me. Hoven was giving me grief about SCSU going to the NCHC and how they first asked Norte Dame to join. Hoven said "we asked prom queen and they so no so we turned around and asked the R tard kids."

Me: "It is helmet kids. Get is correct"

Classy.

Slap Shot
10-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Classy.

What has Rube never been called for $500 Alex.

Greyeagle
10-29-2014, 07:41 PM
I hope you know this is all your fault.

also my god..... you've posted over 25,000 times?? Sheesh Get a life!

Your existence? I take the blame. :D
And 25K....beats interacting with my family. ;)
If you haven't figured it out yet; Lady wore Black was at the tailgate last spring....very certain you effin remember her!

Lady wore Black
10-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Your existence? I take the blame. :D
And 25K....beats interacting with my family. ;)
If you haven't figured it out yet; Lady wore Black was at the tailgate last sprint....very certain you effin remember her!

One of the many people who have been unfortunate enough to meet me. :D

The Rube
10-29-2014, 09:26 PM
What has Rube never been called for $500 Alex.

Incorrect. I was called classy once in seriousness. I think it was at a wedding. For sarcastic "classy" calling...I cannot count that high. ;)

And for whoever said I have posted the most in this thread (at the time): MY TEAM IS INVOLVED. I would venture to guess that poster's IQ is less than his age.

Bonin21
10-29-2014, 09:45 PM
I would venture to guess that poster's IQ is less than his age.
Sounds like your average SCSU incoming freshman!

Dude Love
10-30-2014, 12:59 AM
We know JBSU will be playing hard, this is their NC after all

You're right. This is our non-conference.

gopher wes
10-30-2014, 09:05 AM
What is the battery operated giveaway this year for the SCSU student section to throw at the Gophers players?

Bonin21
10-30-2014, 09:12 AM
You're right. This is our non-conference.
He must have forgotten you've never actually played in a national championship, so you wouldn't associate those letters with the same thing we do.

Pump It Up
10-30-2014, 09:55 AM
What is the battery operated giveaway this year for the SCSU student section to throw at the Gophers players?

I just got an e-mail stating that the Friday night giveaway is a free cinder block to the first 5,000 through the gates.