Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU vs UMN Let the Hate Flow Through

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    And I've never been afraid to wear my Gopher jersey in St Cloud, but apparently I'm not allowed to joke around here....?
    I like wearing my gopher jersey to the NHC, but then again i like getting heckled.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Jebus now he's here, too...

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

state of hockey, MNS, bbdl, and I started a chant to "Sweet Caroline" AT the Red Carpet, where instead of "dah dah dahhhhhh" we chanted "SAINT CLOUD SUCKS!" and no harm came to us. We got some major looks of anger, but nothing happened.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Uh-oh, struck a nerve there I see. Really sorry about that; didn't mean to offend. But, rest assured, our Gopher team and us fans will never go away. Despite trying year after year, the Huskies will never be the State's No. 1 team.....ever. Then again, this is nothing new; I'm sure you're used to it by now...
          This is some of the worst trash talking I have ever heard. Wow.

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          I realize this is against the rules in a UM SCSU thread to talk hockey this early, but I might not look here for a little while, so....Any SCSU fans care to give a team assessment (sans sandbagging), with which big players were lost and who seems to be stepping up this year? Strengths and weaknesses? Don't follow that anymore with non-con teams now.
          We lost Nic Dowd, our most dynamic offensive player, Kevin Gravel, our most well-rounded defenseman (2 PIM in 38 games), Cory Thoroson, a grinder who helped kill penalties and showed some scoring, and Ryan Faragher, who I'm sure you remember as our starting goalie. We didn't lose many guys, but all of the players we lost were very useful.

Our strengths are speed, we're a very disciplined team that doesn't get called for a lot of penalties, and we bring back quite a bit of scoring. Our junior class is outstanding, led by Brodzinski, Kossila, Benik and Prow. Our issues: the biggest question marks right now are in our own zone; goaltending is talented but unproven at this level and we don't know how the blue line will look yet. We have been outscored 6-2 in the first period, though half of those goals surrendered were Friday night against Union. And we don't have a ton of size (6 skaters listed as 5'9 or shorter), but that's nothing new for us.

As for this thread… sheesh! Its almost Wednesday and nobody has even bothered to debate whether Herb Brooks did or did not sign a young child's program on the SCSU page yet? This thread sucks more than these games will. Gophs sweep, 8-1 Fri, 4-1 Sat
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Well the majority of the MN fans don't think you are a worthy team to talk about. Even the ticket prices show that. Not a premiere game. But Notre Dame is. ($10 difference in prices)
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              state of hockey, MNS, bbdl, and I started a chant to "Sweet Caroline" AT the Red Carpet, where instead of "dah dah dahhhhhh" we chanted "SAINT CLOUD SUCKS!" and no harm came to us. We got some major looks of anger, but nothing happened.
              Pretty sure the result would have been different if we were wearing Gopher gear on a Gopher series weekend.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

We lost Nic Dowd, our most dynamic offensive player, Kevin Gravel, our most well-rounded defenseman (2 PIM in 38 games), Cory Thoroson, a grinder who helped kill penalties and showed some scoring, and Ryan Faragher, who I'm sure you remember as our starting goalie. We didn't lose many guys, but all of the players we lost were very useful.

Our strengths are speed, we're a very disciplined team that doesn't get called for a lot of penalties, and we bring back quite a bit of scoring. Our junior class is outstanding, led by Brodzinski, Kossila, Benik and Prow. Our issues: the biggest question marks right now are in our own zone; goaltending is talented but unproven at this level and we don't know how the blue line will look yet. We have been outscored 6-2 in the first period, though half of those goals surrendered were Friday night against Union. And we don't have a ton of size (6 skaters listed as 5'9 or shorter), but that's nothing new for us.

As for this thread… sheesh! Its almost Wednesday and nobody has even bothered to debate whether Herb Brooks did or did not sign a young child's program on the SCSU page yet? This thread sucks more than these games will. Gophs sweep, 8-1 Fri, 4-1 Sat
                http://www.gavinrothery.com/storage/...=1333548250178

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

Did well, until the last sentence when you broke the anti-sandbagging rule.

Comment

Well the majority of the MN fans don't think you are a worthy team to talk about. Even the ticket prices show that. Not a premiere game. But Notre Dame is. ($10 difference in prices)
                    Why would we care how much you old shrivs have to pay for tickets?
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      Why would we care how much you old shrivs have to pay for tickets?
                      Because many of the Helmet Kids think they are a rival of MN. They're not and the prices show that.

Comment

Because many of the Helmet Kids think they are a rival of MN. They're not and the prices show that.
                        You don't care about SCSU, but you have posted more than anyone in this thread.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungEagle View Post
                          I like wearing my gopher jersey to the NHC, but then again i like getting heckled.
                          It's fun to a certain point, I agree.

Unrelated to this series: Having the student section at Amsoil "A-HOLE! A-HOLE! A-HOLE!" me was kind fun.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            It's fun to a certain point, I agree.

Unrelated to this series: Having the student section at Amsoil "A-HOLE! A-HOLE! A-HOLE!" me was kind fun.
                            The truth hurts that's why it's called the truth.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              The truth hurts that's why it's called the truth.
                              That really hurts coming from you...
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Jebus now he's here, too...
                                I hope you know this is all your fault.

also my god..... you've posted over 25,000 times?? Sheesh Get a life!
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X