Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU vs UMN Let the Hate Flow Through

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Serious question: How drunk and annoying are the fans at SCSU? I'm making the trip to experience it and check out the remodeled arena. I won't be drunk and I won't be chirping, though I may stand up and clap when we score (multiple times).
    Serious answer: not bad… usually. For a home Gopher game… on Halloween… hope you brought a spare pair of pants, cuz you WILL end up with vomit on them. Unfortunately we have fans who don't go to any games the rest of the year, and save up all their *********ery (I can't say the bag that falls between the "c" and "e" model? lame) for this series… and since they wouldn't bother to drive all the way down to Mariucci, it'll have to come out on one night.

Also, if the worst language you hear is the "***-hole!" chant, consider yourself lucky
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

What Euro said. And if you decide to enjoy the nightlife afterwards (I recommend the Red Carpet), ditch your Gopher gear beforehand.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        What Euro said. And if you decide to enjoy the nightlife afterwards (I recommend the Red Carpet), ditch your Gopher gear beforehand.
        So what you're saying is fans who are obvious Gopher fans won't get the 'red carpet' treatment at this dive bar? So where can we go to just celebrate the win without being harassed by sore losers?
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          So what you're saying is fans who are obvious Gopher fans won't get the 'red carpet' treatment at this dive bar? So where can we go to just celebrate the win without being harassed by sore losers?
          Away.
          You can go...Away
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Maple Grove
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Don't tell a drunk SCSU football player twice your size that hockey is far superior to football while you yourself are also drunk. Unless his girlfriend that thought you were funny and harmless is there to calm him down, that is.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Try Big Ten or the Library...supposing you guys don't try to burn Dinkytown down again if the Gophers do happen to win.
                Last edited by Dude Love; 10-27-2014, 11:50 PM.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Don't tell a drunk SCSU football player twice your size that hockey is far superior to football while you yourself are also drunk. Unless his girlfriend that thought you were funny and harmless is there to calm him down, that is.
                  And don't try to get a $30 bar tab by yourself in two hours. And then let your friend hijack a limo to Sugar Daddy's at bar close. Bad idea.

And Maple Grove would be a good idea.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Away.
                    You can go...Away
                    Uh-oh, struck a nerve there I see. Really sorry about that; didn't mean to offend. But, rest assured, our Gopher team and us fans will never go away. Despite trying year after year, the Huskies will never be the State's No. 1 team.....ever. Then again, this is nothing new; I'm sure you're used to it by now...

Comment

Uh-oh, struck a nerve there I see. Really sorry about that; didn't mean to offend. But, rest assured, our Gopher team and us fans will never go away. Despite trying year after year, the Huskies will never be the State's No. 1 team.....ever. Then again, this is nothing new; I'm sure you're used to it by now...
                      Honestly the Carpet is a solid bar(s). Multi-level, something for everyone. It's a maze, and it's very enjoyable. IIRC there are nine different serving stations/"bars" in the building, it just operates under one name. Live music, club music, 80s music, whatever.

If you plan on staying up there, Kelly Inn is prob the best bet. Couple blocks from the main stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Honestly the Carpet is a solid bar(s). Multi-level, something for everyone. It's a maze, and it's very enjoyable. IIRC there are nine different serving stations/"bars" in the building, it just operates under one name. Live music, club music, 80s music, whatever.

If you plan on staying up there, Kelly Inn is prob the best bet. Couple blocks from the main stretch.
                        Haha, thanks for the info, just having fun. Any Gopher fans making the trip up and want to meet up?

Comment

Subscribed because this thread is a bigger train wreck than SCSU's playoff record.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

"I'm a Gopher fan. Want me, love me, shower me with kisses!"

How about be a man and go wherever you want? We aren't talking about the streets of Harlem here.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              "I'm a Gopher fan. Want me, love me, shower me with kisses!"

How about be a man and go wherever you want? We aren't talking about the streets of Harlem here.
                              Not much different than you guys. "I'm a Husky fan. We finally won a couple games in the NCAAs and we won (a share of) the WCHA regular season title a couple years ago, does that make us relevant now?!!"
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Harlem would be classier. No St. Cloud fans around.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X