PDA

View Full Version : SCSU vs UMN Let the Hate Flow Through

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Slap Shot
11-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Happy to see they got the split, even if it did take OT.

And it's good to see that Tipsy and Euro are as lame as ever. ;)

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Yet it does include those who spit on those wearing opposing jersey and threaten to kick the asses of those who dare to cheer for their team in that arena.
We may have our bad apples, but do not dare act like Gopher fans are saints.

Geez, and I've been led to believe Mariucci Arena is a mausoleum. A library.

Seems like the critics of Mariucci Arena have conflicting views on just what transpires there.

Tipsy McStagger
11-01-2014, 10:59 PM
I'll bet it wasn't library like when the Gophers scored in OT.
Yes, and I bet the team really fed off of that energy that the crowd gave them when the game was over.

First Time, Long Time
11-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Every team has its bad apples. SCSU just has a bigger percentage of them. Much bigger. Frankly, the only tolerable ones are the ones I've met through here. Not. Kidding.

I could say the same about MN fans

The Rube
11-01-2014, 11:01 PM
One of the better trashtalks I received, and I want to say it was DL but am not sure:

Me: At least we know how to spell.
SCSU fan: Yeah, but only when you score.
Me: ....well played.

Excellent use of insulting without resorting to F bombs and such.

If the SCSU fanbase was more like that...

The Rube
11-01-2014, 11:03 PM
I could say the same about MN fans

Oh the irony is thick with this post.

First Time, Long Time
11-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Oh the irony is thick with this post.

No, it's really not but ok.

Dude Love
11-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Every team has its bad apples. SCSU just has a bigger percentage of them. Much bigger. Frankly, the only tolerable ones are the ones I've met through here. Not. Kidding.

That couldn't be more wrong. Minnesota has more FANS than St. Cloud State. That's a known fact. If the same percentage of each fanbase were "bad apples," the number of toolbox Gopher fans might be same amount of people as SCSU fans in general.

And, true, I do not need the eff bomb to be insulting. It's far more satisfying to shut up some idiot using logic and a smart remark.

Tipsy McStagger
11-01-2014, 11:12 PM
That? THAT? That is tame. It's not spitting on people, or yelling the F-bomb, or challenging to fights, etc. Honestly, after they realized we were just messing around and having fun, no worries.

And I have yet to see Gopher fans throw crap on the ice in an angry manner. The ONLY situation I've heard about was the infamous BBQ Sauce Packet incident involving the Tech fans, and ALL Gopher fans I know of apologized to said Tech fans, offered to help ID the a-holes, etc. There is NO excuse for that kind of behavior.
It is tame. But it's confrontational. You basically just said all SCSU fans are intolerable but you went into the Red Carpet and were chanting Saint Cloud sucks. Sounds like they tolerated your jack-*** behavior. But they were intolerable.:rolleyes:

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Yes, and I bet the team really fed off of that energy that the crowd gave them when the game was over.

Their home record belies any assertion of yours that the home crowd doesn't have an effect on their performance.

The Rube
11-01-2014, 11:15 PM
That couldn't be more wrong. Minnesota has more FANS than St. Cloud State. That's a known fact. If the same percentage of each fanbase were "bad apples," the number of toolbox Gopher fans might be same amount of people as SCSU fans in general.

And, true, I do not need the eff bomb to be insulting. It's far more satisfying to shut up some idiot using logic and a smart remark.

MN would have more bad apples on pure numbers. But PERCENTAGE...SCSU has a bigger PERCENTAGE of bad apples.

SCSU math for you.....

Dude Love
11-01-2014, 11:17 PM
MN would have more bad apples on pure numbers. But PERCENTAGE...SCSU has a bigger PERCENTAGE of bad apples.

SCSU math for you.....

No....that's SCSU reading comprehension....ya dink. :)

Regardless, I still think you're wrong.

Tipsy McStagger
11-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Their home record belies any assertion of yours that the home crowd doesn't have an effect on their performance.
Correlation does not imply causation.

The Rube
11-01-2014, 11:19 PM
No....that's SCSU reading comprehension....ya dink. :)

Regardless, I still think you're wrong.

If you want to pile on yourself, fine by me. :D

Can we still agree to hate on UND? ;)

Dude Love
11-01-2014, 11:22 PM
If you want to pile on yourself, fine by me. :D

Can we still agree to hate on UND? ;)

Oh absolutely. I hope they pick something SUPER generic as their new nickname so we can make fun of them. Maybe a breed of dog... :D

The Rube
11-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Oh absolutely. I hope they pick something SUPER generic as their new nickname so we can make fun of them. Maybe a breed of dog... :D

I would prefer one of the preliminary suggestions like the Rough Riders. Not kidding, that was a reported suggestion.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Correlation does not imply causation.

Yeah, just imagine how much more dominant the Gophers would be over SCSU if only the Gophers could feed of the fans energy.

LOL

Dude Love
11-01-2014, 11:58 PM
I would prefer one of the preliminary suggestions like the Rough Riders. Not kidding, that was a reported suggestion.

Boy and I thought my login was the easiest gay joke in the history of the internet! lol

The Rube
11-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Boy and I thought my login was the easiest gay joke in the history of the internet! lol

Nothing to do with Teh Gayz. Study your history. ;)

The Seventh Cavalry was also mentioned. Yeah.

RL3AO
11-02-2014, 12:02 AM
SCSU math for you.....

If you took classes with some of our math professors you'd understand why.