PDA

View Full Version : SCSU vs UMN Let the Hate Flow Through

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

The Rube
11-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Good for you.
Somebody swears...oh my, won't someone think of the children :rolleyes:

Like I said....stay classy. And I'm as foul-mouthed as they come. Just not in chants/cheers/around kids.

First Time, Long Time
11-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Like I said....stay classy. And I'm as foul-mouthed as they come. Just not in chants/cheers/around kids.

Like I said...good for you.
People get way too sensitive, trying to force a "family environment"

Gurtholfin
11-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Training them to be classy quite early, I see. :rolleyes:

Yes, he should have stepped in and demanded that they not get a kick out of it. :rolleyes:

Parents have that kind of control.

Do you have any clue what boys of that age have already seen and heard?

Come down off that horse.

The Rube
11-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Like I said...good for you.
People get way too sensitive, trying to force a "family environment"

The only word I have consistently heard that should be forbidden is the F bomb (fans; not administrations). If the admins had their way.....*shudder*

First Time, Long Time
11-01-2014, 05:12 PM
The only word I have consistently heard that should be forbidden is the F bomb (fans; not administrations). If the admins had their way.....*shudder*

The only time I have an issue is when it gets overly personal (racist etc).
Other than that...eh.
I agree on the admins.

The Rube
11-01-2014, 05:13 PM
The only time I have an issue is when it gets overly personal (racist etc).
Other than that...eh.
I agree on the admins.

I think the "personal" stuff is a given amongst all fans, which is great. :)

SCSU Euro
11-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Please. I don't mind "sucks," "sh*," or "b*ch." I am not a fan of the F bomb in chants/cheers. And I'll call out our fans if they do that, too.

Sh** or b**ch is just as bad as the F bomb.

Well, I can honestly say after a weekend of hockey, I still hate you guys as much as much as I did in the WCHA, and I personally invite you to go pound sand.

The Rube
11-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Sh** or b**ch is just as bad as the F bomb.

Well, I can honestly say after a weekend of hockey, I still hate you guys as much as much as I did in the WCHA, and I personally invite you to go pound sand.

Difference of opinion there, and if a fanbase wants to keep it that clean, I have no problem with that. "Sucks" should NEVER be banned, though. That really irks me. Personally, if there are kids around, I do watch my mouth.

Tipsy McStagger
11-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Please. I don't mind "sucks," "sh*," or "b*ch." I am not a fan of the F bomb in chants/cheers. And I'll call out our fans if they do that, too.
You don't have to worry about that. The fans at Mariucci won't even stand up to clap when the announcer/jumbotron says "Get on your feet".

Tipsy McStagger
11-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I know it is early, but curious how we have the 16th ranked SOS when we have played the 1st, 4th and 16th ranked teams. Before today's games it was 1st, 2nd and 5th and our opponents combined record was 15-4. Is this calculated based on the games played or the whole season schedule?

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-01-2014, 09:52 PM
You don't have to worry about that. The fans at Mariucci won't even stand up to clap when the announcer/jumbotron says "Get on your feet".

In 40 + years of attending Gopher hockey games at Mariucci Arena I've never once heard the announcer implore the fans to " get on your feet".

We have the game experience we desire, thank you. Thankfully, it doesn't include sophomoric, battery throwing drunks.

SCSU Beat Anyone
11-01-2014, 09:59 PM
We have the game experience we desire, thank you. Thankfully, it doesn't include sophomoric, battery throwing drunks.

Yeah, it's a bunch of old people who celebrate wins at there nursing home playing intense bingo.

First Time, Long Time
11-01-2014, 10:18 PM

Yet it does include those who spit on those wearing opposing jersey and threaten to kick the asses of those who dare to cheer for their team in that arena.
We may have our bad apples, but do not dare act like Gopher fans are saints.

Koho
11-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Yeah, it's a bunch of old people who celebrate wins at there nursing home playing intense bingo.

"THEIR" - another JBSU English major heard from....

The Rube
11-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Yet it does include those who spit on those wearing opposing jersey and threaten to kick the asses of those who dare to cheer for their team in that arena.
We may have our bad apples, but do not dare act like Gopher fans are saints.

Every team has its bad apples. SCSU just has a bigger percentage of them. Much bigger. Frankly, the only tolerable ones are the ones I've met through here. Not. Kidding.

Tipsy McStagger
11-01-2014, 10:34 PM
In 40 + years of attending Gopher hockey games at Mariucci Arena I've never once heard the announcer implore the fans to " get on your feet".

Cool. I was there 6 hours ago and one of the players had a recorded clip telling the fans to get on their feet. 2 people in each section got up and clapped.

We have the atmosphere we want too. Thankfully, ours can be differentiated from a library.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-01-2014, 10:36 PM

What does this nonsensical reply have any thing to do with my post?

Have another wine spritzer, Sweet Pea.

Tipsy McStagger
11-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Every team has its bad apples. SCSU just has a bigger percentage of them. Much bigger. Frankly, the only tolerable ones are the ones I've met through here. Not. Kidding.

Maybe because you do stupid crap like this:

state of hockey, MNS, bbdl, and I started a chant to "Sweet Caroline" AT the Red Carpet, where instead of "dah dah dahhhhhh" we chanted "SAINT CLOUD SUCKS!" and no harm came to us. We got some major looks of anger, but nothing happened.

Go4PuckFan2.0
11-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Cool. I was there 6 hours ago and one of the players had a recorded clip telling the fans to get on their feet. 2 people in each section got up and clapped.

We have the atmosphere we want too. Thankfully, ours can be differentiated from a library.

I'll bet it wasn't library like when the Gophers scored in OT.

The Rube
11-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Maybe because you do stupid crap like this:

That? THAT? That is tame. It's not spitting on people, or yelling the F-bomb, or challenging to fights, etc. Honestly, after they realized we were just messing around and having fun, no worries.

And I have yet to see Gopher fans throw crap on the ice in an angry manner. The ONLY situation I've heard about was the infamous BBQ Sauce Packet incident involving the Tech fans, and ALL Gopher fans I know of apologized to said Tech fans, offered to help ID the a-holes, etc. There is NO excuse for that kind of behavior.