arf arf bark bark MTU Huskies visit Ferris Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arf arf bark bark MTU Huskies visit Ferris Bulldogs

so, you are number 4 in the nation. should we be scared? do we have a chance? should we save the bus money and forfeit? is it cold inside the arena? how are the concessions? do you serve beer?
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Re: arf arf bark bark MTU Huskies visit Ferris Bulldogs

do you have the MacNaughton displayed? isn't it pretty? we want it back. badly. its ours. really.
    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      is it cold inside the arena?
      It's the coldest arena I've ever been in. Probably nothing compared to a Houghton January, but still pretty bad.

do you serve beer?
      On campus facility, so no.

do we have a chance?
      That's probably dependent upon ebola striking Big Rapids in the next week, but considering last weekend's performance, maybe you do have a chance.
      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Big triple-header weekend for Tech and Ferris. A pair of hockey games in Big Rapids where Tech would do well to earn a road split. Meanwhile, their undefeated football teams meet in Houghton to determine the likely GLIAC champ.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Big triple-header weekend for Tech and Ferris. A pair of hockey games in Big Rapids where Tech would do well to earn a road split. Meanwhile, their undefeated football teams meet in Houghton to determine the likely GLIAC champ.
          So, really, just 2 games that matter.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Came close to this being our road trip this year. Decided on Mankato instead due to the timing of it all...

I do look forward to visiting your shoebox of an arena sometime
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I would say this will be a great set of games. Tech has to stay out of the box and not give up the easy early goal, a la STL.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Does Grand Valley State suck? Haven't heard from the Monster in about a year plus.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                  Does Grand Valley State suck? Haven't heard from the Monster in about a year plus.
                  Yes. Also, their football team hasn't had a good year.

Comment

we are looking forward to visiting. friends went last year and had a fun time. friendly fans, small, nice arena, good brew pubs. split on the road, split on the road, split on the road.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                      You'll have to ask the club hockey board, Grand Valley isn't D1.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I am thinking a split down in Big Rapids. It is a tough place to play with the fans right on top of you. (Never been there, but that's what I hear). Motte is tough in the net, but if he has an off weekend a sweep wouldn't surprise me either.
                        Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 10-23-2014, 01:13 AM.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Ferris being a "top-ranked" team at this point in the season means nothing. The poll is full of teams with one win, teams with a .500 record, teams who have yet to play their first game, or in the case of #14 Michigan a losing record. Polls mean nothing until you've played at least 10 games and won at least 70% of them.

I would have loved to attend the games, but Ferris forgot to build the visitors' side of the rink. I guess I'll have to settle for watching it in HD (or whatever they call the feed) on WCHA.TV. An FSU v MTU match-up at the GLI will be far more telling than games this early in the season. A sweep by either team means nothing at this point to predicting where each will finish in the standings.

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            Ferris being a "top-ranked" team at this point in the season means nothing. ... A sweep by either team means nothing at this point to predicting where each will finish in the standings.
                            "Are you with us?"

Ferris State is a great team. Michigan Tech might be a great team, too. Now let's find out. Bring four points back to Houghton, Techsters. Huskies Number One!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              A sweep by either team means nothing at this point to predicting where each will finish in the standings.

Ryan J
                              I sort of see what you are saying, but a sweep for either team is huge in where they finish in the final standings. How many teams were within 1-2 points in the middle of the WCHA at the end of last season? A four point swing can move you 5-6 spots at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X