WCHA Thread V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Thread V

Great to see ARD defeat Mowat and SAB in the wcha tourney.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Wisconsin looked very good both days. (ARD looked great but she shouldn't rush out on the PP to pass the puck to the opponents, should she?)

Congrats to BSU on their best season ever. ----“Just very, very proud of my hockey team,” Scanlan said. “To play in a championship game … in Vegas, I’m sure the odds would have been pretty astronomical. We’re extremely proud of what we’ve done this year. Of all the years I’ve had coaching, this is probably my funnest, and I owe it all to these young ladies.”----
      ………….from ARM's recap

Go Gophers! #1 seed means my fear of Gophers not getting their dressing room and bench in the Frozen Four are averted
      Last edited by KTDC; 03-08-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        Wisconsin looked very good both days. (ARD looked great but she shouldn't rush out on the PP to pass the puck to the opponents, should she?)
        She does tend to play the puck a bit too much outside her area, especially early in the year. She had toned that down, but maybe it wasn't a long term fix.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Update on Lisa Marvin at NoDak:

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/online...sa-marvin.html
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            Thanks for posting, Brooky. Good to see she's making progress, albeit slowly, on what is obviously a terribly difficult road to a full recovery.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Thanks for posting, Brooky. Good to see she's making progress, albeit slowly, on what is obviously a terribly difficult road to a full recovery.
              Nerves are funny things. About 15 years ago I had an accident that fractured my pelvis. They had to cut my right side open to make repairs and I lost all sensation from my knee to my hip & much of it below the knee. I struggled to walk well. It was about 2 years later that it all changed. It happened all at once without any indication I just felt a warm rush through my leg and it was almost back to normal. I wrote Lisa a note about my experience to let her know it may not be fast or easy but it sounds like she has a good attitude & work ethic. I'd like to think we could see her play again but more I just hope she will be OK.
              Last edited by ne7minder; 04-02-2015, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• The story of starting the soccer leagues in Kenya is a great story. Congratulations to Brittany Ammerman on winning the humanitarian award!!

Comment

Bemidji has three of the top five scorers from Class A State Champion Thief River Falls coming in next fall. Emily Bergland has led the team in scoring the last three seasons. Don't know how good they'll be but it seems a good route for BSU to go.

Comment

Crowell at UMD, Potter at OSU. Can either match Scanlan's achievement at BSU with 20 plus wins overall in their first campaigns at the helm? What are the chances?
                    Last edited by brookyone; 04-17-2015, 05:30 AM.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Crowell at UMD, Potter at OSU. Can either match Scanlan's achievement at BSU with 20 plus wins overall in their first campaigns at the helm? What are the chances?
                      Each has a decent shot at 20 wins, given UMD won 20 this past season and Ohio State was victorious 17 times. What will be next to impossible is matching the 10-win improvement that Scanlan demonstrated at BSU.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Each has a decent shot at 20 wins, given UMD won 20 this past season and Ohio State was victorious 17 times. What will be next to impossible is matching the 10-win improvement that Scanlan demonstrated at BSU.
                        It was an impressive start for Scanlan. Scanlan's second season is going to be an interesting aspect of the WCHA competition in 2015-2016. Adding some players I think will make them a better team. I'd think a reasonable goal for both Scanlan and Potter would be pounding out 4 more wins in conference play. But...that will be a challenge.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Has the St. Cloud thread been deleted ? Why can't I find it, are these olde eyes that bad

Comment

Originally posted by BigSandy View Post
                            Has the St. Cloud thread been deleted ? Why can't I find it, are these olde eyes that bad
                            http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ersity-HUSKIES!!
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

WCHA Commissioner Aaron Kemp sat down for an interview with the Bemidji Pioneer. Pretty good reading.
                              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

The WCHA transfer rule...sitting a season per in conference transfers. How about defining it's purpose, objective, necessity and or true impact, estimations of success per it's purpose. Does it provide something positive vs. a conference that does not enforce a similar rule?

Out of curiosity.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X