No announcement yet.

tUMD Season Thread: B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD Season Thread: B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Easily the worst I have seen. I mean it was an open ice hit...not even a penalty and they make it out to be a 5 minute major. The game is fast and all but how do you get that out of that hit? Quite the dive by the DU player for sure
    No, I think the DU player was really hurt. Watched the replay several times and he looked dazed on the bench. But the contact was more incidental than anything. Two minutes for interference is all that should have been called. My guess is that the refs saw that he was injured and decided to make up a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
      I don't know if it was a dive or not, but the play happened right in front of me. Chris and I thought they gave a two minute penalty, but then the linesman went to talk to a quite unhappy Sandelin and 5 minutes were put up on the board. The funniest thing was when Chris and I both looked at each other when the penalty was announced as a 5 minute interference. Huh? Five minute interference? No game misconduct. Weird indeed. I'd never heard of that before...
      BSU got a five minute interference in the North Star Cup last weekend. First time I had seen it. On the replay, it looked like there could have been some slight contact to the head or he left his skates.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I photographed last weekend's series between tUMD and DU at Magness Arena. I haven't tagged the photos yet, but the Friday night shots are up on my website:

http://www.co14ersphotography.com/20...DU/i-VdzgmwP/A

Please visit and feel free to leave comments on my site or right here. I will be working on the Saturday night game shots during the evenings this week.
        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
        sigpic
        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

I photographed last weekend's series between tUMD and DU at Magness Arena. I haven't tagged the photos yet, but the Friday night shots are up on my website:

http://www.co14ersphotography.com/20...DU/i-VdzgmwP/A

Please visit and feel free to leave comments on my site or right here. I will be working on the Saturday night game shots during the evenings this week.
          http://www.co14ersphotography.com/20...DU/i-JVmJ5Vv/A

This shot almost shows where the puck was on the Krause no goal on Friday. Looks like it is not quite in, in this picture. I thought it was a goal but you couldn't specifically tell where the puck was so they weren't going to call it a goal.

You don't have another shot or two in there do you?
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            No, I think the DU player was really hurt. Watched the replay several times and he looked dazed on the bench. But the contact was more incidental than anything. Two minutes for interference is all that should have been called. My guess is that the refs saw that he was injured and decided to make up a penalty.
            That's probably a good explanation. Not sure why you call it when they are injured...perhaps the DU bench complained and got them to change it?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

http://www.co14ersphotography.com/20...DU/i-JVmJ5Vv/A

This shot almost shows where the puck was on the Krause no goal on Friday. Looks like it is not quite in, in this picture. I thought it was a goal but you couldn't specifically tell where the puck was so they weren't going to call it a goal.

You don't have another shot or two in there do you?
              No, that's the most definitive look that I captured.
              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
              sigpic
              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

No, that's the most definitive look that I captured.
                Gotcha. I do have a recording of the game and could make some videos, but it's not worth the effort right now
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

So have to ask... Realistically, how good of a chance to we have of getting a commitment from Boeser? If I have to make the trip to Duluth for his visit and fan him with palm leaves I'm willing to do it. Would be a monster addition.

Comment

Originally posted by DuluthIsOnFire View Post
                    So have to ask... Realistically, how good of a chance to we have of getting a commitment from Boeser? If I have to make the trip to Duluth for his visit and fan him with palm leaves I'm willing to do it. Would be a monster addition.
                    I wish I knew. That would be a great get.
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by DuluthIsOnFire View Post
                      4%. The Gophers have a 85% chance, UND 10% and Wisconsin 1%
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        4%. The Gophers have a 85% chance, UND 10% and Wisconsin 1%
                        Great stat. Compelling. Rich.

Now only if it wasn't a complete load of bull****
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Great stat. Compelling. Rich.

Now only if it wasn't a complete load of bull****
                          Watch me be right! He's going to Gopherland.
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Watch me be right! He's going to Gopherland.
                            I'll watch you become wrong!
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

I'll watch you become wrong!
                              Nooooo!!! How could you end up being right? This is terrible!!!
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Nooooo!!! How could you end up being right? This is terrible!!!
                                Turrible.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X