No announcement yet.

tUMD Season Thread: B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD Season Thread: B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S!

I was watching multiple games and missed the high stick but that CFB on Richart... don't get me wrong, I don't like you guys at all, but you guys got hosed.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Exciting game tonight. Good thing the NCHC TV feed went down before the 3rd period. Apparently the league pulled the plug so only the people in the building could see what's going on with the officiating this weekend. I don't know if coaches can get fined or not for comments on officiating but Scott Sandelin might have a good chance if tDogs lose this game.

Comment

Apparently tUMD wins 4-3. These games against Miami are quite intense. After the sweep in Oxford last year with the big skirmish at the end and this weekend's chippy play we may have a rivalry brewing.

Comment

At least tUMD got its 5x3 PP on Saturday, which you knew was coming after the Friday night debacle by the officials, and tDogs cashed in on it. Not sure why the refs allowed the Miami goal by Barber which was scored after the whistle. Yeah, it was an early whistle, but you could see Crandall of tUMD relax a little after the whistle only to see the guy he was defending, Barber, knock the puck it the net. All while the goaline ref has his arms raised in air to stop play...he never signaled goal. Refs review and allow the goal? What's to review? Eat the early whistle bad call and move on.

tUMD is getting a rep of a highly penalized team....that is not good. tUMD's defensive zone play, lack of puck possession, and turnovers are all things that need to be cleaned up and I believe they will improve as the season goes on. On the positive side, tUMD's PP is clicking at around 24% and Kaz looks like the real deal in goal.
          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

I don't know what it is about playing Miami but it sure gets those teams' blood flowing. Lots of chirping from warmups to finish. It was a great win for UMD, overcoming ANOTHER bad start (how many freaking games do we have to give up the first goal?) and letting them tie it up with (blowing a two goal lead). The Hurricanes have some good players and it showed during the series. They are a pesky team that replaces Wisconsin in teams we play that wear red and trap the hell out of everything.

As for the reffing I'm not even sure what to say. I hope the NCHC comes out and says something about the reffing in this series and helps make reffing better. It was really bad this weekend and it's gotta stop.

On our side UMD has GOT to stop taking so many penalties! They've negated 9 of their own power plays with penalties and with this teams history of having an average PK...it hopefully will stop.

Interesting to note that in UMD's last 48 games they are exactly .500 (with a record of 22-22-4), and that dates back to Febuary of the 2013.

In this four game homestand I was hoping UMD could be 3-1 and better. But since they split both series it is disapointing. Now if we split the next two weekends I'll be very happy but we need to start sweeping and win two games in a row. This team is capable of a NCAA tournament but MUST start winning more games if that is going to happen. On the plus side our schedule is one of the toughest in the country so getting through these games at .500 is better than being below.

I'll be very happy if we can pull out our first win in St. Cloud in seven years this upcoming weekend. Regardless I'll be there with a few buffaloes in my system cheering them on.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Oh and I assumed Kas would become the starting goalie but didn't think he'd have it locked up by the end of October. This amazing save helped the cause for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSHr...12WA4n9pLvQSWA
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

good catch LOL. Bulldogs are coming to Omaha Nov 21/22. Any of you guys coming down weather permitting?
                UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                  good catch LOL. Bulldogs are coming to Omaha Nov 21/22. Any of you guys coming down weather permitting?
                  I went last year so I don't plan on going until the new rink is open.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                    You are right, Biddy, tUMD will sweep in the Granite City next weekend. But what about this weekend?? I am a season ticket holder who sold my entire Saturdays to a buddy. So, now tDogs have looked like crap on Fridays three weeks into the season, always rallying to salvage a split. Time for that to change...come out firing tonight and at least set yourself up for a home sweep.
                    Called tUMD sweeping in St. Cloud on Halloween.
                    tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I went last year so I don't plan on going until the new rink is open.
                      Since UNO sold out EVERY home game they ever played (131 straight games) in an arena seating 8,314 before moving to what was then known as the Qwest Center (renamed the CenturyLink Center),you are likely going to be buying those tickets for games in the new arena on the secondary market since it is only going to seat 7,500 for hockey.

When the program started and UNO played those first 6 seasons in the Omaha Civic Auditorium and sold out all those games, they held back tickets for public sale, the other team, etc., every night. The number was, if I recall correctly, 1,925, as they capped season ticket sales at 6,389 (Source: from the UNO Press Guide).

Other team's fans (I am talking to you, North Dakota) that think they can continue to descend on us, en masse, in the future, have got another thing coming now.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        Since UNO sold out EVERY home game they ever played (131 straight games) in an arena seating 8,314 before moving to what was then known as the Qwest Center (renamed the CenturyLink Center),you are likely going to be buying those tickets for games in the new arena on the secondary market since it is only going to seat 7,500 for hockey.

When the program started and UNO played those first 6 seasons in the Omaha Civic Auditorium and sold out all those games, they held back tickets for public sale, the other team, etc., every night. The number was, if I recall correctly, 1,925, as they capped season ticket sales at 6,389 (Source: from the UNO Press Guide).

Other team's fans (I am talking to you, North Dakota) that think they can continue to descend on us, en masse, in the future, have got another thing coming now.
                        Any idea what the season ticket base is? Below 4 or 5 k?
                        Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                        Called tUMD sweeping in St. Cloud on Halloween.
                        You are genius! Giving our history there I felt like we could get a win (we were due) but I wasn't going to call it.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

How cute... a omaha fan thinking that a smaller rink will keep out the NoDak crowd. You're kind of new to this college hockey thing, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Any idea what the season ticket base is? Below 4 or 5 k?
                            It is widely believed (myself included) that it is currently just below 4,000. It was (supposedly) still over 5,000 as recently as the 2012-2013 season. I don't know if anybody really knows for sure outside of the Athletic Office.

This is tough one to nail down because the school never says and has not, as near as I know, since we moved into what is now the CenturyLink Center (nee The Qwest Center).

I just did a detailed search on the Mavpuck board about this and found a few people asking this question, but little postulating about the actual number.

In a monster building, there is no real need to have them. Season before last, because my wife wanted to take a year off from working, I did not renew for financial reasons but still went to many games.

I was able to buy "my" seats in every instance but once and, for that game, I was actually easily able to buy tickets in the club section--better seats than "mine" are, even.

I personally believe the school is going to cap season tickets at some number unless the demand is overwhelming. That might occur, anyway, because we are playing in a new building and it could also plausibly happen if the team's fortunes on the ice, so far, continue as they have started out this season.

There is going to be a 750 seat student section and there will be a 750 seat club section. That is all we know for sure so far.

Unless the school prices tickets out of range of the current season ticket holder fanbase (a big concern since no pricing for ANYTHING has yet been announced and we KNOW they are going to go up, probably pretty significantly) then I would expect UNO to sell out every game they play in the new arena next season and start a new string of sellouts. How long that might last is anybody's guess. UNO just brought in what was easily the best class in school history, by a ton, and next year's class (5 players) has at least 3 guys in it (Duluth's own, Phil Beaulieu, Steve Spinner, and Fredrik Olofsson) that are the equal of anybody in this year's (on paper, of course). We might be selling out games for some time, again, even if prices do rise substantially, if the team's fortunes of war are good enough--on top of the novelty of a new building.

My guess is that, no matter what, tickets will be harder to get, and, pricier.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                              How cute... a omaha fan thinking that a smaller rink will keep out the NoDak crowd. You're kind of new to this college hockey thing, eh?
                              Oh, I am sure some will still manage to get themselves a seat in our new building (like we in theirs) but it will never again be like, for example, the night of 2-8-13 (the Friday night before UNO and North Dakota's Saturday outdoor game) where North Dakota had upwards of 3,500 (highly intoxicated) fans in the CenturyLink Center of the total announced crowd of 9,487 for that game.

Comment

Oh, I am sure some will still manage to get themselves a seat in our new building (like we in theirs) but it will never again be like, for example, the night of 2-8-13 (the Friday night before UNO and North Dakota's Saturday outdoor game) where North Dakota had upwards of 3,500 (highly intoxicated) fans in the CenturyLink Center of the total announced crowd of 9,487 for that game.
                                How do you suppose Nodak fans find a way to get 1500 fans into a supposed sold out mariucci? All I'm saying is if you think only 100 Nodak fans will be at your neato new arena you are going to be disappointed.
                                Last edited by willythekid; 11-10-2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X