2014 Four Nations Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Four Nations Cup

Tourney is just around the corner. Here is Team Canada's roster.

Re: 2014 Four Nations Cup

I looked at the 2012 US roster for the 4 Nations Cup and Bozek, Kessel, and McMillan were on the team for the event dated November 5-10. All 3 of those players have stats in the UMD games on Nov 2 and 3.

So, I'm wondering are we sure Brandt, Cameransei, and Steckel will be missing this year for the Bemidji series?

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      So, I'm wondering are we sure Brandt, Cameransei, and Steckel will be missing this year for the Bemidji series?
      No. In the past, it has seemed to vary from program to program as to who misses games and who doesn't. I'll take a wait-and-see attitude on this one.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Great to see Kelly Terry on Canadian roster!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          Great to see Kelly Terry on Canadian roster!!!
          Looks like they've gone young, w/o any of the grizzled vets.

Comment

They are holding camp shortly, and as I understand it about a dozen U18 players will attend. Not sure if that is to offset/allow collegiate players to miss camp.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Looks like they've gone young, w/o any of the grizzled vets.
              Most of the grizzled vets are retiring. A couple of the younger ones (Agosta, Mikkelson) are planning to take a year off to have families.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                Most of the grizzled vets are retiring. A couple of the younger ones (Agosta, Mikkelson) are planning to take a year off to have families.
                A year is long enough for that? I'd heard it was a fast-paced world, but I had no idea. Mom was stuck at home with us for 30 years back in the day.

Comment

No. In the past, it has seemed to vary from program to program as to who misses games and who doesn't. I'll take a wait-and-see attitude on this one.
                  We've heard that the BC kids on the US team are missing the games on November 1 -- see the National Teams thread for details of which games it would affect if that were to be the case for everyone.

Slightly OT, but I saw that Terry isn't on the Furies roster (even though Bozek is, which suggests it's up to date) -- anyone know if she's planning to play for them after all?

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                    Slightly OT, but I saw that Terry isn't on the Furies roster (even though Bozek is, which suggests it's up to date) -- anyone know if she's planning to play for them after all?
                    At the Gophers' opening series, she was working as … an EMT, I guess it would be. So she is still in Minneapolis, I think finishing up a degree and maybe doing an internship.

Comment

At the Gophers' opening series, she was working as … an EMT, I guess it would be. So she is still in Minneapolis, I think finishing up a degree and maybe doing an internship.
                      So that was her? I walked past the room and said, "Man, that woman looks like Kelly Terry," but thought I was just seeing things.

Comment

Agosta is taking time off for police officer training in Vancouver. But she has said she will be back playing at some point.

Comment

Most of the grizzled vets are retiring.
                          Are they?!! Please let it be so. I do not know what Gillian Apps can contribute any more on the fourth line than she is already. Punching out people don't impress me much.

I read Wickenheiser and Ouellette wants to play till 2018 . Please no.

Kelly Terry is the biggest surprise on the roster.

No Melodie Daoust?

I do not know how Victoria Bach did not make the roster .
                          Last edited by monsoonweather; 10-17-2014, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monsoonweather View Post
                            Are they?!! Please let it be so. I do not know what Gillian Apps can contribute any more on the fourth line than she is already.

I read Wickenheiser and Ouellette wants to play till 2018 .

Kelly Terry is the biggest surprise on the roster.

No Melodie Daoust?

I do not know how Victoria Bach did not make the roster .
                            Daoust is recovering from injury I believe. She wasn't at camp last month either.

Comment

I don't speak or read Finnish, but it doing some searching I found the Finnish press release announcing their roster for the tournament.

http://www.leijonat.fi/uutiset/tuore...apelaajia.html

Also (and I'll mention this again in the U.S. team thread), Gigi Marvin has been replaced on the U.S. roster. Not sure what's going on there.
                              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X