Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

Well, somebody had to start this.

Just 2 days til the puck drops on the new season. Here's to a healthy and fun campaign!

Re: NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

I started a Wisconsin vs. NMU thread as well but that got pushed down the list quickly.

Let's get this season rolling.

Comment

Hi kids

Marking for later....
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Awfully lonely in here... I guess that's what years of mediocrity will do to a once proud program

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
          Awfully lonely in here... I guess that's what years of mediocrity will do to a once proud program
          Looks like your favorite crackpot is back. Wasn't this the clown with about 4 different screen names? Is he related to Pink Pony?

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
            Looks like your favorite crackpot is back. Wasn't this the clown with about 4 different screen names? Is he related to Pink Pony?
            Pretty sure it is. Apparently he isn't reading the rest of the board where a lot of schools have dwindling fan bases posting to USCHO. The casual talk has moved to Facebook and Twitter.

I'm hoping for a better outcome from the team this season, but feel we'll be travelling for the quarter-finals of the WCHA.

The problem isn't Walt as the coach, the problem is Walt is the only coach who can be this successful with this budget.

But why waste my time explaining the same goddammed trite discussion that has plagued this forum for at least the last six years.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Pretty sure it is. Apparently he isn't reading the rest of the board where a lot of schools have dwindling fan bases posting to USCHO. The casual talk has moved to Facebook and Twitter.

I'm hoping for a better outcome from the team this season, but feel we'll be travelling for the quarter-finals of the WCHA.

The problem isn't Walt as the coach, the problem is Walt is the only coach who can be this successful with this budget.

But why waste my time explaining the same goddammed trite discussion that has plagued this forum for at least the last six years.
              I'm excited about the potential here. Six newcomers with 15 or more points a year ago plus on on that pace for a half season means more scoring depth then there has been in several years. I'd be disappointed if this team doesn't put 20 wins on the board and play at home in the first round. They've looked pretty sharp in camp.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

According to NMU Hockey on Twitter, Darin Olver and his wife just had a baby, Shea Robert. Hopefully the kid is a Future Wildcat.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Davyd,I did not intend the hater comment for you. I agree with what you said about the Joyce. I think Kaines rink would give the Joyce a run for it's money.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                    Davyd,I did not intend the hater comment for you. I agree with what you said about the Joyce. I think Kaines rink would give the Joyce a run for it's money.
                    No worries Perky! Looking forward to NMU/LSSU next weekend.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Nice to get the season going with a W! Anyone make the trip? I couldn't nor could I listen on the radio. Looked like a solid performance right out of the gates.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                        It must be super lonely in Madison

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                          Nice to get the season going with a W! Anyone make the trip? I couldn't nor could I listen on the radio. Looked like a solid performance right out of the gates.
                          The first few shifts the Badgers seemed to have a leg up on the Cats. Understandable. But after that NMU controlled the play. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see how well we were in control. Curiously, Seckel wasn't in the lineup. If we can stay away from the injury bug this year, (big if) it could be an enjoyable year.

Note that UW is relatively young right now but we Cat fans have had to endure those types of seasons too.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                            The first few shifts the Badgers seemed to have a leg up on the Cats. Understandable. But after that NMU controlled the play. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see how well we were in control. Curiously, Seckel wasn't in the lineup. If we can stay away from the injury bug this year, (big if) it could be an enjoyable year.

Note that UW is relatively young right now but we Cat fans have had to endure those types of seasons too.
                            Found this on Twitter: @AndyBaggotWSJ: #Badgers catch a bit of a break. W Reed Seckel, one of the top veteran scorers for NMU, suspended for series for violating team rules.

Comment

Break out the brooms.

Comment

Working...
                              X