NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

I see Seckel did not play last night, is he injured or did he have to sit out from the DQ he received last weekend?

Comment

I like NMU because we both started as Normal Schools but I'm hoping we sweep you guys. We need it.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
        I see Seckel did not play last night, is he injured or did he have to sit out from the DQ he received last weekend?
        I could be wrong, but I think it was because of the stupid misconduct he took on Friday which got him benched?

Comment

Weekend sweep. How about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            80-177-33 (.333) as a head coach with no winning seasons.
            Not bad for an NMU alum.

Comment

Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
              Not bad for an NMU alum.
              Nice dig. There a few NMU alum who coach with pretty decent winning records.
              Go Cats!

Comment

I see that FoxUP is carrying the Friday and Saturday night NMU at Minn-Duluth games. And, I also see that FSDetroit is showing the Pistons on Friday and the Wings on Saturday, while on FSDetroitPlus it's boxing on Friday and College basketball (Creighton at St Johns and Providence at Xavier).

So my question is: Is it too late to lobby FoxDetroitPlus into showing the NMU at Minn-Duluth game on Saturday night rather than two basketball games that probably don't have a big viewing audience within the state of Michigan? Not that that many within this state will be interested in the NMU @ Duluth game, but I certainly would.
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                  I see that FoxUP is carrying the Friday and Saturday night NMU at Minn-Duluth games. And, I also see that FSDetroit is showing the Pistons on Friday and the Wings on Saturday, while on FSDetroitPlus it's boxing on Friday and College basketball (Creighton at St Johns and Providence at Xavier).

So my question is: Is it too late to lobby FoxDetroitPlus into showing the NMU at Minn-Duluth game on Saturday night rather than two basketball games that probably don't have a big viewing audience within the state of Michigan? Not that that many within this state will be interested in the NMU @ Duluth game, but I certainly would.
                  The feed that FoxUP is using for the two games is coming from KBJR's MyNetwork subchannel, known in the Twin Ports as "My9" in reference to its cable channel. It has no Fox affiliation at all.

FS Detroit doesn't have much of an option on clearing network programming like the national basketball packages. They'd have to sell their own spot inventory for a picked-up game like that and it just flat out isn't going to happen unless there's substantial money to be made. So I'd probably recommend buying a pass from NCHC.tv instead of underwriting a full game for FSD+.

Comment

• Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                    I see that FoxUP is carrying the Friday and Saturday night NMU at Minn-Duluth games.
                    Where did you hear this?

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                      Where did you hear this?
                      I saw it on the USCHO's TV Schedule (My9, FoxUP).

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        The feed that FoxUP is using for the two games is coming from KBJR's MyNetwork subchannel, known in the Twin Ports as "My9" in reference to its cable channel. It has no Fox affiliation at all.

FS Detroit doesn't have much of an option on clearing network programming like the national basketball packages. They'd have to sell their own spot inventory for a picked-up game like that and it just flat out isn't going to happen unless there's substantial money to be made. So I'd probably recommend buying a pass from NCHC.tv instead of underwriting a full game for FSD+.
                        Thanks, it was just wishful thinking on my part anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                          I saw it on the USCHO's TV Schedule (My9, FoxUP).
                          Wonder why TV6 hasn't said anything about it yet. I'll be tuning in though.

Comment

The games will NOT be televised by FoxUP
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I figured it was just a screw up on USCHO's part since they don't have the end of the season games versus MTU listed as being broadcast (which FoxUP already announced).
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                The games will NOT be televised by FoxUP
                                You can always get a package from NCHC.tv. Plus you can get WCHA.tv quality with the horrid Amsoil Arena cameras that are in HD but broadcast in SD. It's truly the best of both worlds.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X