NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Best steak is the tenderloin at Lagniappe. 8 oz smothered with a ton of blackened shrimp and drizzled with a creole hollandaise. $24. Cass Calabria has a nice sirloin too.
    R.I.P. Bonanza.

An NMU Hockey player staple.
    Go Cats!

Comment

• Re: NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

Go Wildcats!

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

It's 5-0 with 5:10 left. Don't use up all our allotted goals tonight. Save some for tomorrow. GO CATS!

Comment

Another good promotional video from NMU for the upcoming Wildcat Night Across the Country.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_WOd4adL6o

Nice to see the University actually trying. Are these being run on local TV too?

Airing these during the WCHA.tv broadcasts would be nice too.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Dave... do you know what they have planned for this "pep rally"? Wondering if this would be something fun for the kids (ages 4 - 8).
            Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
              It's 5-0 with 5:10 left. Don't use up all our allotted goals tonight. Save some for tomorrow. GO CATS!
              They didn't save any.

Comment

• Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                They didn't save any.
                I don't know if it was the Cat's who didn't show up tonight, or if LSSU who were desperate to make the playoffs. The good news is Bemidji tied Ferris tonight so the Cats are only 1 point behind. They need at least 1 win against MTU and Minnesota State to sweep Bemidji for home playoffs first round.
                Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                  I don't know if it was the Cat's who didn't show up tonight, or if LSSU who were desperate to make the playoffs. The good news is Bemidji tied Ferris tonight so the Cats are only 1 point behind. They need at least 1 win against MTU and Minnesota State to sweep Bemidji for home playoffs first round.
                  Didn't show up? Every guy on that NMU team gave it everything they had. But sometimes when you only have 13 healthy skaters, things don't always go your way. I give every one of those guys a ton of credit. They left it all out there on the ice.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                    Dave... do you know what they have planned for this "pep rally"? Wondering if this would be something fun for the kids (ages 4 - 8).
                    There will be kids games includes along with appearances from Wildcat Willy & Blizzard T Husky.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Didn't show up? Every guy on that NMU team gave it everything they had. But sometimes when you only have 13 healthy skaters, things don't always go your way. I give every one of those guys a ton of credit. They left it all out there on the ice.
                      Dave. That came out wrong. They did fight hard... and I know they have a lot of injuries. No disrespect to the Cats. I was meaning to say I don't know if it was more of a matter of the Cats being depleted, or LSSU desperately wanting to extend their season. The goalie from LSSU kept them in that game. He blocked some great shots. I hope the Boys rest up and bring it hard against MTU.
                      Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                        Dave. That came out wrong. They did fight hard... and I know they have a lot of injuries. No disrespect to the Cats. I was meaning to say I don't know if it was more of a matter of the Cats being depleted, or LSSU desperately wanting to extend their season. The goalie from LSSU kept them in that game. He blocked some great shots. I hope the Boys rest up and bring it hard against MTU.
                        Bring it hard, but not hard enough to topple Tech!

Comment

Sucks to think about all of the points that were left on the table this year. The blown lead against Tech in January leading to the 1 point tie, could've easily had 4 against Huntsville, should've at least taken 2 from Bemidji, could've had 4 against the Lakers.

In true home games this year NMU had a grand total of 5 wins.

Comment

What's funny is that even with the wild end to the season, this was still a .500 team. Just two games under .500 in both conference and non-conference play.
                            Overall (Pct.) 14-16-6 (.472)
                            Conference (Pct.) 11-13-4 (.464)
                            Combined special teams are seventh in the nation.

The Alaska trip was the turning point. Returning home from Alaska, the 'Cats put together just SIX wins out of the remaining 24 games.
                            In that stretch, Dahlstrom went 1-4-3 before being injured against Alaska Anchorage.

If you flip every tie from December until now to a win, they get one more non-conference win (vs Penn State) and get wins on Michigan Tech, Mankato, Bemidji, and Bowling Green (four more points)... which would give them 30 points, or good enough for the fourth and final home ice spot, and hosting Bemidji.
                            Last edited by aparch; 03-08-2015, 05:15 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              What's funny is that even with the wild end to the season, this was still a .500 team. Just two games under .500 in both conference and non-conference play.
                              Overall (Pct.) 14-16-6 (.472)
                              Conference (Pct.) 11-13-4 (.464)
                              Combined special teams are seventh in the nation.

The Alaska trip was the turning point. Returning home from Alaska, the 'Cats put together just SIX wins out of the remaining 24 games.
                              In that stretch, Dahlstrom went 1-4-3 before being injured against Alaska Anchorage.

If you flip every tie from December until now to a win, they get one more non-conference win (vs Penn State) and get wins on Michigan Tech, Mankato, Bemidji, and Bowling Green (four more points)... which would give them 30 points, or good enough for the fourth and final home ice spot, and hosting Bemidji.
                              My preseason expectation was for the equivalent of 20 regular season wins. Despite losing over 140 man games to injury including the leading scorer and #1 goalie for half the season, they've still come up with the equivalent of 17 wins (14 wins 6 ties). I give these guys a ton of credit for the heart they put out there. The past two weeks they've hsd as few as 13 healthy skaters out of 25.

Comment

Agreed. With everything that took place since the start of December, injuries, sickness, things made public, things dragged into public, and things none of us will be made aware of, this team still was fighting for home ice on the final weekend.

I haven't been happy with the results, but this team (and Dave, correct me if I'm wrong) has never given up yet this season. There hasn't been quit that I've seen in any of these guys.

A lot of that has to do with Walt getting these guys ready.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X