Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Wildcats 2014-2015

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    According to native Louisianians who have eaten there, you wouldn't be laughing. I spent 5 years in the Bayou State, and it's the real deal. When you have a young man from Opelousas tell the bartender the boudin was good enough to "feed to my mama," you might have something. Add that one of the chefs trained under Susan Spicer at Herbsaint in New Orleans...well...you've got some pretty good stuff there. Make your PoBoy Factory look like Popeye's.
    Po-Boy Factory is embarrassing. I don't think that anyone here does cajun very well.

I wish that I could remember the bar we went to NMU. Or the second one. All I remember is buying a sausage from a street cart that was the best thing that I'd ever tasted (although I was about half-drunk, so YOLO).

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

I realize there are fish to fry this weekend, but looking ahead to the final weekend of the regular season I can reveal that FoxUP will be adding a 6:30pm pregame show ahead of the Tech-NMU broadcast on Saturday from the Berry Events Center. Both Tech-NMU games will be televised by FoxUP that weekend.

No word yet on whether or not the WCHA.tv stream will start early on Saturday to include the pregame show for online viewers.

Comment

Reed Seckel has been named WCHA Offensive Player of the Week.

Comment

Deservedly so.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            No word yet on whether or not the WCHA.tv stream will start early on Saturday to include the pregame show for online viewers.
            There's no reason that they can't, but the big thing would be to make sure that Matt knows that it's out there and can work with Eversport.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              There's no reason that they can't, but the big thing would be to make sure that Matt knows that it's out there and can work with Eversport.

GFM
              Other schools start the broadcast much earlier to include pre-game.
              Go Cats!

Comment

Picked up my tickets for the Tech series. Excited to make the trip... will be on the glass in MQT.
                Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  The Cappo Cup is for NMU-LSSU. The Ramada Cup was for Tech-NMU.
                  I'll trust the local experts, but I don't have any recollection of a Ramada Cup...I thought it was a 3-way battle for the Cappo Cup.

But then again, I lived a block away from the BEC my last year there and tended to have a few adult beverages before walking to the game; so my memories may not be (and probably are not) correct.

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                    Picked up my tickets for the Tech series. Excited to make the trip... will be on the glass in MQT.
                    Safe travels!
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                      I'll trust the local experts, but I don't have any recollection of a Ramada Cup...I thought it was a 3-way battle for the Cappo Cup.

But then again, I lived a block away from the BEC my last year there and tended to have a few adult beverages before walking to the game; so my memories may not be (and probably are not) correct.
                      Depending upon your years here, there may not have been a Ramada Cup to remember. It's been several years since it has been up for competition.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by UnWanted22 View Post
                        It is time for the annual College Hockey Trip for 6 guys from Rochester, MN. This year LSSU at NMU Feb 27/28. We had such a great time a few years back we decided to do it again.You will know it is us when you see a WI Fan sitting with a MN fan and SCSU fan. We could use your help. Can you remind us where should we go to eat and drink before and after the game? We are staying at the Ramada Marquette. Thanks for the Help!!!
                        Any place for fish on Friday?...thanks
                        Yearly College Hockey Trips
                        St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
                        North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
                        Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
                        Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
                        Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
                        Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
                        Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
                        Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
                        St. Cloud - Great Band
                        Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

• Originally posted by UnWanted22 View Post
                          Stucko's, but get there early...like 4:30!

Comment

• Originally posted by UnWanted22 View Post
                            The Vierling has the best fish in town... and they are the oldest operating brewery in town. Vango's is good too. Everywhere will be busy.
                            Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                              The Vierling has the best fish in town... and they are the oldest operating brewery in town. Vango's is good too. Everywhere will be busy.
                              Hoping to come for Tech Game. Where to for steak dinner? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                                Hoping to come for Tech Game. Where to for steak dinner? Thanks.
                                Best steak is the tenderloin at Lagniappe. 8 oz smothered with a ton of blackened shrimp and drizzled with a creole hollandaise. $24. Cass Calabria has a nice sirloin too.

Comment

Working...
                                X