Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin vs. Northern Michigan at the Resch October 17-18: We'll meet you halfway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin vs. Northern Michigan at the Resch October 17-18: We'll meet you halfway.

2 1/2 Hours from Madison. 3 Hours from Marquette. Let's get the season started.

Re: Wisconsin vs. Northern Michigan at the Resch October 17-18: We'll meet you halfwa

3 1/2 hours from Chicago and home to a stupid football team that makes hotels charge triple what they were asking for last week, ha ha....

Seemed weird the last two weekends without NMU.... It'll be interesting to see how they come out on Friday night.... I'm expecting the Cats to take some time to get up to speed since Bucky already had a weekend up in Alaska... But then again, that weekend in Alaska may slow them down out of the gate as well....

Too early for predictions... Let's just drop the puck and go, eh
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Re: Wisconsin vs. Northern Michigan at the Resch October 17-18: We'll meet you halfwa

Nervous about this series. Normally the Cats play this one on opening weekend which allows them to steal a game or two from a just warming up Wisconsin.

I don't know how it's going to go with just two weeks of practice for the Cats, and with the Badgers being swept (including being shut out to open the season for the first time since the '30's).

The Badgers are going to be looking for wins while the Cats will be getting their game legs for the first time.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Nervous about this series. Normally the Cats play this one on opening weekend which allows them to steal a game or two from a just warming up Wisconsin.

I don't know how it's going to go with just two weeks of practice for the Cats, and with the Badgers being swept (including being shut out to open the season for the first time since the '30's).

The Badgers are going to be looking for wins while the Cats will be getting their game legs for the first time.
        It might just be a hunch, but I have a feeling that the Wildcats will be looking for wins as well.

Comment

I have a feeling that could be an issue on Friday night as well... But then again, there also is the "Alaska Hangover" that the Badgers could be dealing with.... So who knows?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the freshman for UW. Listening on the radio last weekend, the name that seemed to come up quite a bit (in a good way) was Ustaski, the kid seemed to be around the net a lot. Scored some tickets from the morning radio show on 107.5 in Green Bay (shameless plug for the station). Taking my 6 year old to his first Badger game.
            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

My sentiments exactly. Regardless, looking forward to a fun weekend in Green Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                Looking forward to seeing the freshman for UW. Listening on the radio last weekend, the name that seemed to come up quite a bit (in a good way) was Ustaski, the kid seemed to be around the net a lot. Scored some tickets from the morning radio show on 107.5 in Green Bay (shameless plug for the station). Taking my 6 year old to his first Badger game.
                From what I gathered in the offseason, it was reasonable to expect Ustaski to contribute right away. I'm glad that he is.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                I have a feeling that could be an issue on Friday night as well... But then again, there also is the "Alaska Hangover" that the Badgers could be dealing with.... So who knows?
                Also dealing with a "2 quality defensemen have head injuries." I don't mean to be a pessimist - I do think the Badgers have a reasonable chance, and I do think there's a lot to look forward to with this group.

Comment

IT'S GAMEDAY!!!!

'Cats have been in town since yesterday afternoon, not sure when the Badgers arrive(d).

Looking forward to the NCAA debut of Rob Lehtinen tonight. He's got a lot to look forward to, and I can't wait for him to try and break John Kyle's record as the winningest coach by percentage at NMU. (For the record, the lone game John Kyle was acting head coach)
                  Last edited by aparch; 10-17-2014, 07:34 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I hope all 25 people at the game enjoy it.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      I hope all 25 people at the game enjoy it.
                      I'm down in Appleton... have other obligations so I can't go. Otherwise I'd be there wishing both teams lost.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

That was ugly. What happens when the Goofs and the Sioux come to town UW going to get their butts kicked.
                        UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Solid week for the Cats... Dhalstrom gets 1st star on the weekend for sure... He seemed to have a decent defense in front of him as well...

Now on to the Soo

Comment

That was a great outcome for the weekend!

A great start to the season to build upon.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                            X