Ohio State vs Bemidji State 10/17 - 10/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Bemidji State 10/17 - 10/18

The Buckeyes are licking some wounds after getting shutout twice in Madison by scores of 6-0 and 3-0. As I posted on the Wisconsin game thread, Friday's game wasn't really competitive. Sunday's game was much better. Our kids competed and it was a 2-0 game until a late pp goal with a minute to go in the game. Ohio State was not able to generate enough quality scoring chances over the weekend and when they did, Wisconsin was able to stop those shots. I am sure Coach Handrahan and his staff will address what went wrong in Madison and Bemidji will be facing a hungry Ohio State team at home this weekend. Ohio State will come into the weekend series at 2-2 (0-2 in the WCHA), and will not want to start the WCHA season at 0-4. I know Bemidji has had some success early this season. Safe travels to any Bemidji fans making the long trek down to Columbus this weekend! Tell us about your season so far and what we can expect to see out of the Beavers this weekend.

Re: Ohio State vs Bemidji State 10/17 - 10/18

Bemidji State is coming in riding high, off to their best start in team history at 4-0, averaging four goals a game and giving up less than one. They swept Robert Morris on the road, 5-2 and 3-1. They then came home and defeated RPI 4-0 and Vermont 4-0. Vermont had beat North Dakota the night before in Grand Forks.

BSU has 11 players with goals and 17 players with points. They are lead by Lushanko with 5 points, Anderson with 4, Tougas with 4 and Bilic on defense with 4. In net, it has been an even split. Redshirt Freshman Erin Deters is 2-0 with a 0.50 GAA and a 97.8 save percentage with one shutout. Sophomore Brittini Mowat is also 2-0 with a 1.00 GAA and a 95.8 save percentage with one shutout.

New head coach Jim Scanlon is playing a more up tempo, in your face forecheck type of system this year, something that may be a little different than BSU teams of years past. So far, it seems to be working and there is finally a buzz around BSU Women's Hockey. We will see what happens once they get into the WCHA schedule, since we all know the women's WCHA is the toughest league in the land!
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I like this series. OSU had a couple streaks last year when they played really well. With Bemidji's good start they'll be really hoping to make a statement!

Comment

Should be a good series this weekend! Bemidji is off to a great start. Our kids will be hungry after getting swept at Wisconsin this past weekend. Thanks for your contributions, Beaverhockeyfan and KTDC!

Comment

Does Buckeyevision webcast all the home games? I feel like I might want to get an early look at the Beavers...and what should be a good series.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            Does Buckeyevision webcast all the home games? I feel like I might want to get an early look at the Beavers...and what should be a good series.
            I think the Buckeye games will be aired through the College Sports Live (all-access) platform. $9.95 for a month.

Comment

Conflicts this weekend; will miss the series. Among other things, this means no 3 Stars. Will greatly look forward to reading the accounts of osualum86 and others!

Comment

If you bought one month of OSU's College Sports Live tomorrow for the game it should last you to the Gopher-OSU series in Columbus with 2 days to spare!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  If you bought one month of OSU's College Sports Live tomorrow for the game it should last you to the Gopher-OSU series in Columbus with 2 days to spare!
                  My understanding from correspondence is that College Sports Live is no longer providing video for any BIG schools. I'll have to look into it.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

My understanding from correspondence is that College Sports Live is no longer providing video for any BIG schools. I'll have to look into it.
                    I was told by someone at the University during my research that "Ohio State has chosen to still air its games within the All-Access platform". And Buckeye Vision on their website takes you to College Sports Live.

But I'm with you 100%. In this area, skepticism- or "I'll believe it when I see it"- is the order of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      I was told by someone at the University during my research that "Ohio State has chosen to still air its games within the All-Access platform". And Buckeye Vision on their website takes you to College Sports Live.

But I'm with you 100%. In this area, skepticism- or "I'll believe it when I see it"- is the order of the day.
                      None of Ohio State's games show up on the BTN to Go package, so that seems accurate.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                        Conflicts this weekend; will miss the series. Among other things, this means no 3 Stars. Will greatly look forward to reading the accounts of osualum86 and others!
                        Bummed about this! My accounts are nothing compared with your 3 stars! We'll miss you this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          None of Ohio State's games show up on the BTN to Go package, so that seems accurate.
                          I have never actually watched a home game on Buckeye Vision (I am normally at the games), so I am not much help when it comes to that. There is a 'watch' link on the schedule page which takes you to Buckeye Vision so I have to believe you will be able to watch it there (for a price, of course).

Comment

Ohio State takes game one of this series by a final score of 5-1. Summer Thibodeau opened the scoring for the Beavers and they led 1-0. Kendall Curtis got the equalizer and the first period ended with a 1-1 tie. The Buckeyes added two goals in the second period from Kendall Curtis and Julia McKinnon. McKinnon then added two more goals in the third for the hat trick. Shots were fairly even with the Buckeyes outshooting the Beavers 30-25. The Buckeyes special teams were good, going 1/2 on the power play and 3/3 on the penalty kill. Freshman goaltender Kassidy Sauve had 24 saves for the Buckeyes. Tomorrow's game is a 12:05 pm start. For those going, Ohio State has a home football game tomorrow at 3:30 pm, so parking may be a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                            X