Wednesday Women returns for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Women returns for the season

Hey all, Arlan and I are back with our first Wednesday Women column of the year, in which we look at all things in the women's game. This week, we rate some of the early frontrunners, look at a few squads that are struggling, and even discuss some early favorites whose season hasn't started yet. Every team seems to have some question marks at this point, so take a look, and be sure to be back every Wednesday from now through the end of the season to get our take. It's always linked on the Women's D-I page. Here's a quick link to the first one of the year:

http://www.uscho.com/2014/10/08/59706/
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Re: Wednesday Women returns for the season

I do think that BC will wind up with a scoring average that is higher than the number of losses they will sustain this season.
    Nice one ARM
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

While yes, 2 upsets in a row over Wisconsin & Minnesota to win the WCHA tournament is a tall order for UND (or any team), it is more realistic than finishing above them during the regular season. To get those two victories will require a stout defense and talented goaltending. That UND has shifted 2 of it’s blueliners to center ( funny that you missed LaShomb making the move as well) should be an indication of where the strength of UND lies this year. IOW, they have the defense and goaltending to pull it off. The last 2 years they have come a game away from pulling it off and were close in the game they did lose. The lineup in Oct-Nov is often different than in Feb-March. One side benefit of the two playing center is the rest of the bluline corps is getting more experience/responsibility which will do them well come March. BTW, the tournament being in Grand Forks, isn’t that home ice advantage for the Nameless Ones?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Nice one ARM
        Reading between the lines, I think what he's saying is that most of the teams on BC's schedule won't put up too much resistance, which will result in many lopsided wins.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Reading between the lines, I think what he's saying is that most of the teams on BC's schedule won't put up too much resistance, which will result in many lopsided wins.
          It happens more often than we might think. Off the top of my head, Minnesota has done it several times in the NCAA era, UMD has, Wisconsin, Mercyhurst, Harvard, Cornell, and New Hampshire. I think BC will average > 5.0 GPG, and I doubt that they'll lose more than that.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If you view the BC highlights against Syracuse the point about not much resistance is very evident. No question BC has loads of talent but the Syracuse defensemen really were positioned poorly and the forwards were very lackadaisical in back-checking. Add to that some goaltending that was, at times, less than stellar and you can see why they got beat badly. Taking nothing away from BC as they are going to be a difficult team for any team to play against but you can't have your defensemen backing down into the goalie and forwards leaving opposition players alone coming out of the corners and in the middle of the their own zone for prime scoring opportunities.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Best line from this week's "Finding Cinderella" column:

"There’s no shortage of wicked stepsisters to make life tough for WCHA Cinderellas."
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Best line from this week's "Finding Cinderella" column:

"There’s no shortage of wicked stepsisters to make life tough for WCHA Cinderellas."
                Easy now. Even Malificent had good reason for being "wicked." And sometimes "ugly ducklings" turn out to be swans.

That said, it is a good line.

Comment

Working...
                X