Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
    Stray observations
    - too bad QU couldn't get the the NCAA tournament moved to November.
    - Anas could get to 100 points as a sophomore at this rate.
    - typing "Anas" on a iPhone leads to inevitable autocorrect failure
    Yeah my phone isn't too please with me everytime I type his name. As far as the game you guys have really covered it all. Easily the most complete effort of the year. Garteig has settled in it appears. The game could've easily been more out of hand early weren't for a disallowed goal and a sweet glove save by Finn. All along I've called for a Friday win and a Saturday loss but I've been wrong more times than not so let's hope that holds true.

The Bobcats ability to clog up and eliminate entry from the neutral zone was excellent last night. They also did a much better job cleaning up in front of Garteig. There isn't much fire power after the top line so this defensive stalwartness will be vital for their success. Outside of the top line which is elite, I can't speak highly enough of the play of Schutt, St. Denis, and Sherbinin last night. Also, I've never been a big fan of Soren Jonzzon but man has this kid's work paid off. Malafronte nailed it this week in his piece on him. This is a blue collar group who battles hard with very little flair. We all know I'm not sold on MacMaster. But even he showed some glimpses of promise last night.

All good things but all good feelings are lost with a poor performance tonight. Itd be interesting to see if Rand goes with some bigger bodies tonight (Cornell is reportedly huge). After last night tho, I doubt he tinkers much.

Go Q!

Comment

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Saturday game day at the Bank!

Cornell has a size advantage over us (6' 1.36" / 194.14 lbs. vs. 5' 11.50" / 181.14 lbs.) so we'll need to use our speed to get around them. Garts and the D will need to put up another effort like last night and the offense needs to drive to the net all night long.

One thing I'll miss tonight is the Andy Iles water bottle consumption rate! Hope to see some familiar smiling faces (you know who you are).

Go Q!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Great game... great weekend!

Garts is back! Definitely our best player on the ice all weekend. For the first time this season they played as a team and everything came together for them. The 4 points are huge but more importantly is the momentum they take away from the weekend with 2 tough road trips upcoming... capital district next week and north country after that.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

I wouldn't put it on Garteig so much as I give credit to the guys in front of him -- one SOG in the third period is pretty ridiculous for a game like that. That being said, credit to the goaltender, too, because he was obviously perfect when called upon.

Also to get 40 SOG on Cornell, I know they're not as good as they once were, but that's still pretty remarkable give the style Cornell plays.

The penalty on Peca, I have absolutely no problem with five and a game there. Numbers=stop sign, simple as that.

Total team effort tonight. For those that doubt the coaching staff, that's what ten days of practice can do for you. Excellent work by the coaching staff to get this team prepared to play after the UConn game. A good weekend last weekend, and a tremendous weekend this weekend.

Comment

Ha Garts was definitely seeing the puck very well today and I think he was more aggressive than usual this weekend playing pucks, also was positionally sound. But the real credit starts in front of him. I saw so many stick lifts and clearing bodies it was great to see that part of our defense rekindled. The capital district is a big weekend. A win against Union would all but knock Union out of contention for the regular season title. Last two years 4 and 3 losses were what the champs had. Must be careful with two solid goalies up there. Let's enjoy this and hopefully the boys put in a good week of practice
            Quinnipiac University '15
            ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
            ECAC Championship: 2016
            NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
            Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

I was at the game last night as a neutral. A couple of points that I would like to make.

This was a game between two very well coached teams. Lots of passion, and effort. There were times where one team or the other had the puck in the opposing zone for a good bit, and there was a lot of one-on-ones play. No one was left uncovered.

This was a very tight game through two periods, could have gone either way; the third was completely dominated by QU. It had the air of inevitability about it. QU hemmed in Cornell in their end, and ended up getting the goal that they deserved.

Speaking of deserved, the 5 min + misconduct by Peca was the correct call. The play was just in front of me, and I said at the time that he should be gone for that. The refs called a good game, and kept the lid on a game that had moments of chippiness.

QU has a nice barn, not a bad seat in the house, and great sight lines. Easy to get in and out. All in all a terrific place to watch a game. A couple of things that aren’t my personal favorites. The wildcat scratch to begin every period sounds like it has intestinal distress; it’s just not intimidating nor inspiring. And what’s up with the cheerleaders, this is hockey, not football; doesn’t need them. The student section is vocal enough without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post

Speaking of deserved, the 5 min + misconduct by Peca was the correct call. The play was just in front of me, and I said at the time that he should be gone for that. The refs called a good game, and kept the lid on a game that had moments of chippiness.

QU has a nice barn, not a bad seat in the house, and great sight lines. Easy to get in and out. All in all a terrific place to watch a game. A couple of things that aren’t my personal favorites. The wildcat scratch to begin every period sounds like it has intestinal distress; it’s just not intimidating nor inspiring. And what’s up with the cheerleaders, this is hockey, not football; doesn’t need them. The student section is vocal enough without them.
                Thanks for impartially remarking on your Q experience. At first I thought the Peca hit didn't warrant the boot but I watched it back last night and I don't disagree with the call. I would want it called against my opponent if they did that. He almost seemed to know it too after it happened and didn't really put up a fight.

I have missed one home game since the opening of the Bank and I, too, detest the Bobcat "growl", though I prefer to refer to it as a toilet flush. I also don't like the music selections lately. Where's Black Betty? Thunderstruck? Instead we get this pop/hip-hop crap. Singing about being a freak tonight before a face off confuses me. The Ice Cats, however, I do not agree with you kind sir.

The Bobcats are now undefeated (5-0-1) at the Bank this year. Much of this can be attributed to the best student section the school has had and I'm quite partial. I was among the first three student sections at the Bank and this one is impressive.

Garteig has now not allowed a goal in over 7 periods of hockey. Any questions of his demise were way premature. Kid's a stud but like many of us have said, the D in front of him has been great. Kudos to kids like Tim Clifton, Tommy Schutt, Nate MacMaster and Travis St. Denis for picking up the slack last night after Peca's exit. Such a gritty win and a great weekend.

Comment

Clip of last night's winning goal by Tim Clifton against Cornell inculding Lowry being a punk in the handshake line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcTz...be&app=desktop

Comment

Originally posted by QU87 View Post
                    Clip of last night's winning goal by Tim Clifton against Cornell inculding Lowry being a punk in the handshake line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcTz...be&app=desktop
                    Schafer should suspend Lowry for a game. Bush league.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      Jonzzon said something to him. You can see that. It's hockey. No one should be suspended. Makes for a more intriguing trip up there in February

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                        If anyone deserves a suspension... Schafer made some very "colorful" post-game comments about Pecknold and the Peca hit. Unfortunately they will never be heard by the public.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          If anyone deserves a suspension... Schafer made some very "colorful" post-game comments about Pecknold and the Peca hit. Unfortunately they will never be heard by the public.
                          Yes they will if not tonight, tomorrow

Comment

http://wp.me/p3RUgE-1hL Can't wait for the game at Lynah. Wouldn't miss it for the world

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                              Jonzzon said something to him. You can see that. It's hockey. No one should be suspended. Makes for a more intriguing trip up there in February
                              Yeah, it definitely looked like our guy started that. Whatever. That's hockey. Stuff happens.

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Just heard the quotes. Wow, you don't frequently hear stuff like that.

http://theqbsn.com/2014/11/09/cornel...to-quinnipiac/

Honestly, I have no problem with Schafer saying what he said. If Rand was doing what Schafer says, then he's within his rights to air it.

That being said, I also have no problem with Rand trying to get an embellishment call there. Rand's wrong, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't try.

Also, it's become pretty clear that Rand has made just about no friends lately. But hey, he's not here to make friends, he's here to win. And I support him, even if he might be doing something that's a little less classy than we'd like him to be doing.
                              Last edited by ZYanksRule; 11-09-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

This is starting to get out of control on social media, which is to be expected. I hope Rand comments on it at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X