X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
    Great W.

Completely unreasonable to want to get these games for free but $10 per game is too much. Complete cash grab.
    i hate to say it but if $10 is too much get a second job. not to be an a**
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
    - Elon Musk

Comment

YUGE WIN

Didn't watch it (only listened) because I am cheap did not feel like paying for it. Sounded like they were brutal in the first period, slightly better in the second, alright in the third (great in the last 90 seconds) and then in-control through the overtimes. It cannot be overstated how big Garteig and Anas have been for QU this year.

Wish I could have been there tonight. Alas, I'll be in attendance tomorrow to hopefully see them clinch a trip to LP. Mark, I'll bring you a sandwich!

...I'm likely not going to bring you a sandwich

Comment

Great W.

Completely unreasonable to want to get these games for free but $10 per game is too much. Complete cash grab.
        You're misunderstanding my point. It's not that I want these games for free, it's that I think it gives them the most eyeballs on their product. As I wrote before 3-OT, general hockey fans were interested in this triple-overtime game. But none of them were about to pay $10 to watch. Maybe these people, when they see how exciting it is, decide that next year they're going to check out their local college hockey team. Now we've created another college hockey fan. That's my point.

When they start charging for these games, they limit the exposure. Social media starts to get awfully interested in postseason multiple-overtime games, they need to find a way to harness that.

Another thing: The ECAC Hockey twitter account didn't send one in-game tweet about any of their games tonight. Excuse me, aren't we trying to promote college hockey? Is anyone in the league office even awake? You have a game in triple-overtime, the 12th-longest game in the history of men's college hockey, and the only tweets you're sending are auto-generated when SID's are posting their stories? That's a really bad job by the league.

Comment

I have now witnessed the 2 longest games in Quinnipiac history. All I can say is this one was much sweeter than the one 5 years ago. What a comeback! Down 3-1 I had about given up. Then Mr. Anas worked his magic... but the credit has to go to Pecknold for pulling Garteig with over 2 minutes to go. Gutsy call that paid off in spades.

After an abysmal 1st and rough start to the 2nd, they came alive after killing the 5-on-3. They had Union back on their heels and took over pulling within 1 by the end of 2. The 3rd was about even with a slight edge to Q. Union had nothing for us in OT.

Huge win for sure. Now they need to follow it up and seal the deal tomorrow. Rest up boys...
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

What a game!! Just got back home to long island, the 2 hour ride home would have stunk if I had to ponder a loss the whole way home.
            It was unbelievable how many SO close opportunities didn't find their way into the net. What was the whistle for before the disallowed goal?

Heading back tomorrow to hopefully see them wrap it up!!

Comment

Time to seal the deal boys!

After that thriller last night they need to come out and play aggressively like they did in OT. Keep pressuring and don't let up. Punch that ticket to Lake Placid!

Go Q!

#GameDayGold
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Great W.

If you're worried about cost, you may want to pay attention to the RPI score thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
                  i hate to say it but if $10 is too much get a second job. not to be an a**
                  Hah. Probably could stand a second job but $10 for one ECAC QF game is astronomical in terms of digital media cost for the product you're buying.

Comment

Get what you're saying about exposure but hard to ask ECAC or any league to turn down a rights check.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      Time to seal the deal boys!

After that thriller last night they need to come out and play aggressively like they did in OT.
                      That is key. I am really hoping they come out charging from the start. If they would have showed up for the first period yesterday thing would have been different for sure. Last night was a well deserved, but lucky win.

At 2 minutes left my wife texted our daughter to let her know Q lost. Last night was definitely proof "It aint over till the Fat Lady sings"

Comment

That loss was pairwise killer. Sunday is a must win game or we likely miss the NCAA's. That loss dropped us down from tied for 11th to 15th. We need to reach Lake Placid.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Welcome to a brand new day...

Last night hurt but it's not over yet. Come out and take it to the Dutchmen this afternoon. No holding back. We need to win to keep playing. Too risky to rely on pairwise at this point.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

A few observations from last night...

Anas didn't appear to be himself all game and Connor Clifton seemed to be in another world out there. McMaster has a ton of drive and hustles all the time but it way too selfish with the puck, skating around with it looking for a shot instead of dishing it off. To quote wonger, St. Denis' "kick-to-stick" is as good as any we've ever seen. His between the legs pass to setup Anas on our 1st goal was remarkable.

As for Union, Stevens is stout but has given up a ton of rebounds all weekend. We need to find a way to clean up that trash. He also appears to get rattled easier when there's a lot of traffic in front of him. They have also spent most of their time dumping and chasing, even on the PP. While they have a lot of weapons, they haven't been overly impressive so we need to continue making it hard for them to set up in zone.

Today will take a complete effort from opening faceoff to final buzzer. No lapses and no letdowns. Maybe there will be a slightly better student turnout as the kids are returning from break. The crowd needs to get behind this team.

I'm hoping for a trip to Lake Placid for my birthday and know the boys can deliver.

One shift. One period. One game.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              His between the legs pass to setup Anas on our 1st goal was remarkable.
                              See for yourself...

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...ith-quinnipiac
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Congrats on the win tonight ! Good luck for Lake Placid.
                                Let's go Union !
                                ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                                ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                                NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X