2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Great game, great result. Great jerseys too!

They never lost any composure after getting outplayed in the first. It was nice to see them capitalize on the 2 mistakes SLU made in the 2nd. Those are the types of plays that turn momentum and then Garts standing tall on the penalty shot sealed the deal. In my opinion, the Saints got a little sloppy in the 3rd or the result could have been different.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Entertaining game to watch tonight. Won't say too much other than QU capitalized on 2 of our mistakes, while SLU only capitalized on 1 of yours. I don't think either team is walking away feeling they played great, either. Hopefully these 2 teams can put on a show Saturday night in Lake Placid.

Mark and the others I talked to tonight, great to see you guys again. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Great game on both sides tonight!
        Both teams had about equal amounts of controlling the game. We dodged a bullet with the penalty shot for sure.
        It was great to see the two teams so evenly matched. I thought SLU was going to tie it in those last few seconds.
        Lets hope we can keep the momentum going tomorrow night against Clarkson.

I have tickets for tomorrow night, but can't make it up to the game. If anyone is close by and can use them let me know. I hate to see them go to waste.

Comment

Saturday game day at the Bank!

Having lost to Princeton last night, Clarkson will be hungry for sure. We'll need to keep our heads in the game and stay focused. Defense was good last night but still had a couple of breakdowns that need to be cleaned up. Garteig was strong and will need to be again tonight. Offensively I'd still like to see more scoring but they had good pressure last night and will need more of the same tonight.

Hopefully the weather will hold off long enough to get the game in and let everyone get home safely.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Here's a great feel good story I was told last night. It goes to show the class and compassion that Rand and the team are made of, regardless of what the detractors may think.

A fellow season ticket holder that sits in front of me fell and shattered his hip a couple of months ago and has been confined to a bed at a rehab facility. His friend, also a season ticket holder who has battled cancer, wanted to do something to try and cheer his buddy up. So he called Rand thinking that he'd get a secretary, and when Rand answered he explained the situation and asked if there was something the team might be able to send to cheer up his friend. Rand told him he'd have his secretary get back to him in a few hours to set something up.

Well, later that afternoon, they set a time to meet at the facility and Rand, along with Peca, Federico, and 2 other players showed up for a visit. They had a framed picture signed by the entire team along with a bunch of other trinkets. They visited for an hour, talking about the team and hockey in general. Both men were amazed at the caring and compassion the guys had towards basically a complete stranger.

People can say whatever they want about Rand, the team, or the school. It's these off-ice stories that make me feel good. For a coach and 4 of his players to take time out of their day shows a tremendous amount of class and integrity in my book. We've all read about the team visits to local schools and the like, but these types of things also happen quite often and go unnoticed by most.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Mark,

Nice story. I think Rand has done a great job, on and off the ice for Quinnipiac.

If you haven't read the article, here is the link to the Register about the game last night. The St. Lawrence goalie was very good, and entertaining to watch...

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...on-st-lawrence

See you tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                People can say whatever they want about Rand, the team, or the school. It's these off-ice stories that make me feel good. For a coach and 4 of his players to take time out of their day shows a tremendous amount of class and integrity in my book. We've all read about the team visits to local schools and the like, but these types of things also happen quite often and go unnoticed by most.
                I know Rand is as proud of his players scholastic achievements as he is of their on ice performance!

CK
                BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

Here's a great feel good story I was told last night. It goes to show the class and compassion that Rand and the team are made of, regardless of what the detractors may think.

A fellow season ticket holder that sits in front of me fell and shattered his hip a couple of months ago and has been confined to a bed at a rehab facility. His friend, also a season ticket holder who has battled cancer, wanted to do something to try and cheer his buddy up. So he called Rand thinking that he'd get a secretary, and when Rand answered he explained the situation and asked if there was something the team might be able to send to cheer up his friend. Rand told him he'd have his secretary get back to him in a few hours to set something up.

Well, later that afternoon, they set a time to meet at the facility and Rand, along with Peca, Federico, and 2 other players showed up for a visit. They had a framed picture signed by the entire team along with a bunch of other trinkets. They visited for an hour, talking about the team and hockey in general. Both men were amazed at the caring and compassion the guys had towards basically a complete stranger.

Great story, Mark. Thanks for sharing it!

Last night was undoubtedly a big win. I wasn't too pleased at times, but they were able to gut it out to take the driver's seat for the Cleary Cup. Even with a couple of quite poor breakdowns defensively, Garteig was able to keep this team in the game. As Mark said before, I too would like to see a little more production offensively, but hey, I'll take what I can get! The Larrys seem to be a pretty good team this year. I, for one, would prefer not to see them again come March

Tonight has the feel of a potential trap game. Clarkson is solid, but this game does not have close to the same hype as either last night or next week's Yale matchup. Clarkson should be desperate to get two points out of this one, and the Bobcats are coming off a very physical game. I can definitely see the Golden Knights taking tonight's game. Hopefully I am wrong.

Also, maybe those of you in attendance can speak to the atmosphere of the game. It looked like a pretty packed place, albeit late-arriving. Hard to get a gauge of the noise in the building through the broadcast, but from talking to friends there, they stated the Bank was jumping!

And yes, those jerseys are amazing. I would most certainly bid quite a few bucks to get my hands on one of those!

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
                    Also, maybe those of you in attendance can speak to the atmosphere of the game. It looked like a pretty packed place, albeit late-arriving. Hard to get a gauge of the noise in the building through the broadcast, but from talking to friends there, they stated the Bank was jumping!
                    Full house but too quiet for my liking. The students were engaged but too timid IMHO. Luke was commenting how things have mellowed substantially since his days behind the end glass.

And yes, those jerseys are amazing. I would most certainly bid quite a few bucks to get my hands on one of those!
                    They were sweet. Need regular names on the back though. This old guy has trouble remembering all the numbers! I'm curious if they'll have them on again tonight...
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Full house but too quiet for my liking. The students were engaged but too timid IMHO. Luke was commenting how things have mellowed substantially since his days behind the end glass.

They were sweet. Need regular names on the back though. This old guy has trouble remembering all the numbers! I'm curious if they'll have them on again tonight...
                      Whites tonight
                      Quinnipiac University '15
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                      ECAC Championship: 2016
                      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Q looked very strong and positive for 5 out of 6 Periods this weekend. Those jerseys on Friday were on point for sure, big props to the Student Veterans Organization.

As disappointing they were in the first half they have really turned the page to a new chapter with the young group.
                        "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                        - Elon Musk

Comment

First round bye clinched along with another 20 win season.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

The Cleary Cup will be in the building Friday. A win will clinch it

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                              The Cleary Cup will be in the building Friday. A win will clinch it
                              Beating Yale on top of it to win the Cleary would be extra sweet.
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

More importantly, we have the RPI lead over Providence and BC who are tied with us in the Pairwise at 10, so we are 10th in terms of bracketology

Comment

Working...
                                X